Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Alrighty then. I'll keep that in mind.

84667.jpg

The only one I've heard so far is Megatropolis. I'm really liking it so I'm looking forward to hearing more.

I usually tell people that the first song that got me into power metal was DragonForce's "Evening Star", but the truth is, I heard Iron Savior's "Battering Ram" and "Warrior" at about the same time. It was upon looking up both bands and finding they shared a common genre that I knew I'd found the music style for me. :headbang:

Power metal is good indeed, I started out there. Now I've expanded my tastes throughout metal and all kinds of music.

The songs that got me into power metal are Blind Guardian's "Battlefield" and Iced Earth's "Pure Evil".

The new While Heaven Wept album totally slays. It's heavy, epic, and at times a bit doomy (although far more power metal-influenced). Definitely a must though for fans of the genre, and probably one of the best albums of last year (in my opinion).

Vast+Oceans+Lachrymose1.jpg

Power metal is good indeed, I started out there. Now I've expanded my tastes throughout metal and all kinds of music.

I hear this from a lot of people, that they started liking traditional, power, or prog metal, then expanded into extreme metal. Having been on the former side a good four years now, with absolutely no interest in going further than some thrash and a very little bit of melodeath, it's just not working for me.

It's funny, power/prog is my favorite style, but anything much heavier I can't get into (and I really have tried)... but on the other side (alternative, hard-rock, classic rock) I totally can. But the power/prog scene is far more entwined with the metal scene than the rock one, if that makes any sense. I'm rambling, and I'm fairly sure I'll get made fun of for this, but what the hell. I like what I like.

And I really like this.

*shrug*

Last edited by a moderator:
You know...this is an atrocity...I've just Discovered Savage Circus...and it surprises me because I am a huge BG fan.

Anyways fucking amazing band.

I had never heard of Savage Circus either and am also quite a BG fan, they sound rather interesting from some quick research, gonna check them out ASAP.