Resurrected Power Metal Thread

DOWNLOADING!!!!

Edit:

Listening to Gamma Ray's latest. This is much better than Land Of The Free II.

Gona check out the new Dream Evil later.

Nah, Krig's just picky with his power metal. Bring Lance King back to Pyramaze and he'll be happy as a grasshopper.

Although I'm interested in hearing them with their new vocalist, whose work I'm not very familiar with; but he was in Tad Morose.

fuck yes! Lance is a great singer. That's what lacks in powermetal these days. No one can match Daniel Heiman, Lance King or even Ben Sotto.
I need high as fuck vocals and music that isnt boring as balls. no one has both of those.

I just got done listening to the new Gamma Ray. And I goto say, I'm quite impressed in comparison to Land Of The Free II. Definitely a step up for sure. And much better than the latest HammerFall album. I was afraid the latest Gamma Ray might be shit.

From YouTube: "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Kai Hansen."

Really, Kai? Directly? :p

I'll be buying the real thing anyway.

How's the Kiske song? Any power to it, or is it pansified for his tastes?

I don't think Winterborn gets enough fellating in this thread. It might be a tossup between Winterborn and Persuader for my favorite power metal band.

^ Orden Ogan does sound badass.

Well they only have 2 albums, Cold Reality, and Farewell to Saints.

Officially they are considered heavy metal, but they seem way closer to Persuader style PM than Iced Earth or Iron Maiden.

My favorite song is "Last Man Standing" from the Farewell to Saints album.

Does anyone else hate that Orden Ogan style? Too chuggy. It's like they wanted to play power metal, but they also wanted to be really heavy. In my opinion you can't really do both. Unless you're Tad Morose.