Resurrected Power Metal Thread

So tell me about 3 inches of blood, I'm not really in a place where I can download to sample it or anything.

I also FINALLY got Spirit of Ukko in. Really, unbelievably good...thanks for the recommendations on these guys everyone.

3 Inches:

Need we say more?

Too bad the singer just left.

I was devastated when I heard this. For some reason I thought they were a band that would be together until the end. This really sucks, especially for those who are just discovering them. I got to see them live once, so I thank my lucky stars on that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
That 3 Inches of Blood song is much better than that thing you posted after it.

EDIT: That V5 posted, I mean, my apologies.

:lol: 3 Inches of Blood sucks so much.

There are so many bands better than that joke of a band and Hammerfall. Namely: KIUAS.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Comparing Kiuas to power metal isn't even possible. Totally different realms of metal (and I love both). If you don't like power metal, that's fine, but it's a bit pompous to disregard power metal bands just because you don't like the music they write. Big names like Blind Guardian and HammerFall have both sold more albums than Kiuas could ever hope to and I think that might be at the source of your ill-will. :wave:

Also, anybody who doesn't think 3IoB's album Advance and Vanquish was one of the best metal releases of 2004 is absolutely fooling themselves. It's a shame the band fell from grace afterwards (though they still had some good moments).

Obvious troll is obvious.

Learn who I am before calling me that.

Comparing Kiuas to power metal isn't even possible. Totally different realms of metal (and I love both). If you don't like power metal, that's fine, but it's a bit pompous to disregard power metal bands just because you don't like the music they write. Big names like Blind Guardian and HammerFall have both sold more albums than Kiuas could ever hope to and I think that might be at the source of your ill-will. :wave:

Kiuas is power metal. They play an aggressive, extreme form of it; but it's still power metal. Furthermore, I love this genre; I'm a fan of Blind Guardian, Virgin Steele, Fairyland, Keldian, Sabaton, Hibria, and older classic power metal like Manowar, Running Wild, Omen, and tons of others.

I don't rank bands by how much they sell records. It has no bearing on the premises. Blind Guardian is great, and they sell records. 3 Inches of Blood is not great, but they manage to still sell records; but that's not a source of criticism for me. I just don't care for them. They sound thin and soulless to me.

Also, anybody who doesn't think 3IoB's album Advance and Vanquish was one of the best metal releases of 2004 is absolutely fooling themselves. It's a shame the band fell from grace afterwards (though they still had some good moments).

Hibria's Defying the Rules blows anything 3 Inches of Blood ever did out of the water. That album was probably my favorite of '04. There was also Pyramaze's debut, which is incredible.

Just calling it as I see it Einherjar. You can't fault me for first appearances from the language you used in that post. :p

Kiuas may be considered power metal, yes, but when comparing them to the more traditional power metal bands it's definitely not the same. I should have been more clear, though I did think I was dealing with somebody who wasn't being serious.

That said, I claim Advance and Vanquish as "one of the best" metal releases of 2004, not "the best." I quite easily agree with the other albums y'all are pointing out and I love them too. I just think too many people disrespect 3IoB without actually giving them a chance. Even if you don't like the ridiculous screaming vocalist, or the soaring Halford impressions, the music itself was a fresh blast of "retro" before having retro-styled riffs became as huge as it is now. I;d barely even consider them a power metal band even, since they have far more in common with thrash and NWOBHM.

Since you simply don't care for them either way though, I can understand that. I might not agree with it, but at least you gave them a shot.