Resurrected Power Metal Thread

When something is called poppy it usually means that the music is simple, catchy and upbeat.

Often catchy vocals and hooks play a big part.

Doesn't "pop" suggest it's popular?? lol...upbeat does not equal pop IMO.

Changing the subject, how the hell do you pronouce Kiuas?

Kee-uh-ahs.

When something is called poppy it usually means that the music is simple, catchy and upbeat.

Agreed. Which Keldian totally is. That said, so is a lot of power metal. Keldian just play a very polished, very synthesized (i.e. heavy keys) form of power metal.

I disagree totally on the "simple" part, there's no way Keldian - or Power Metal in general - can be described as "simple" by any means, there's lots of complexity involved when you're mixing choirs, keyboards, vocals, guitar solos, classical influences, etc all in together. Power Metal can be one of the most complex metal sub-genres when done well, not "simple" at all :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pop music does not have keyboards,choirs,guitars,drums,vocals blues,jazz,classical influences etc... ? make fucking sense asshole.

Power Metal is very basic and simplistic rythmn wise, but not from a lead guitar standpoint when it comes to solo's. And honestly I don't care for guitar solo's that sound like a video game and prefere complexity in rythmn not lead guitar. I'm very picky about solos. A solo for me is something that is added when needed and sticks out. I hate bands that can't even have one song without a guitar solo,etc.. or have to show everything in every song and section all the time. Almost as in it would pain the musicians if say one song did not have a solo or whatever and someone heard the song and it did not have a solo. Or the song did not showcase the musician.

There's not really anything when it comes to organization,climax,arrangements,etc.. in any power metal have heard. It's really basic standard metal. You're not caught offguard by anything. It's really formulamatic and overbearing.

If you want to hear classical influence and well thought out put together and organized metal listen to old Anathema or say My Dying Bride, not fucking keytar neo-classical power metal garbage. It's seriously fucking terrible shit.

too lazy to read all that shit above, but who gives a fuck if power metal has pop influences and since when are the two mutually exclusive? even some of the most abrasive extreme music has what could be considered pop influences. if keldian has pop influences, which it indeed does to a small degree,.......................who cares? the music is still fucking stellar.

probably my favorite Keldian song is Red Shift. The female harmonizing vocals at 4:50 and 5:00 (see us falling away), and the single bass drum at 4:55, which provides the final thrust of energy for the song, are marvelous in their simplicity. these moments make the song almost a physical experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was really interesting, I enjoyed the whole ethereal other-worldly feel. I'll get hold of their discography :popcorn:

They only have two albums but both of them are in this vein. It's a theme of the band. The music is breathtaking and only gets better with every listen, especially with a good set of headphones. Yes, I am very passionate about Keldian (one of the few bands that still give me any sort of pleasure these days).

They only have two albums but both of them are in this vein. It's a theme of the band. The music is breathtaking and only gets better with every listen, especially with a good set of headphones. Yes, I am very passionate about Keldian (one of the few bands that still give me any sort of pleasure these days).

Yeah, I agree, I have been listening to almost nothing but Keldian for the last two days, the whole otherworldly feel that iscreated by their songs is quite amazing really, a thing of sheer beauty (something that the ignorant troll above knows nothing about, I'm sure) I'd also agree that it's best to ignore such ignoramuses who choose to mindlessly troll like this because it's easy for any logical person to see how the superb combination of keyboards, choirs, guitars, and elements from classic music in bands such as Keldian or Fairyland is far more complex, interesting, varied, beautiful and just downright better than "hard" metal could ever be. Some bigots are just too small-minded to take the buzzsaw out of their ears for even a moment.

probably my favorite Keldian song is Red Shift. The female harmonizing vocals at 4:50 and 5:00 (see us falling away

Dude, that is absolutely my favorite part of that song. So gorgeous.

And Keldian is extremely simple in more ways than one. Sure, they layer on a ton of keys and choirs, but their chord progressions are very simple; so it's not that complicated in the composition. Maybe the mixing and mastering.

Dude, that is absolutely my favorite part of that song. So gorgeous.

And Keldian is extremely simple in more ways than one. Sure, they layer on a ton of keys and choirs, but their chord progressions are very simple; so it's not that complicated in the composition. Maybe the mixing and mastering.

Beautiful song, and I LOVE the female vocals.