Resurrected Power Metal Thread

I have really been digging Blind Guardian lately. Nightfall, Edge of Time, Twist in the Myth...I love it all. So fucking epic.

Yeah Blind Guardian is definitely infectiously good, "Twist In The Myth" is widely regarded as their worst effort, but I'm glad you could even get a good kick outta that one. "A Night At The Opera" and "Nightfall In Middle-Earth" are my two personal favorite albums, but all the albums have some great songs. :kickass::kickass::kickass:

Kiuas is one of the best current power metal bands.

Keldian is great, albeit insanely cheesy. Great vocals.

EDIT: curiosity, which Kiuas cds did you buy? Their first two are by far their best.

Spirit of Ukko, and something with an R which I think are the first two.

Cheesy doesn't bother me too much, as long as the music is good..we'll see!

Yeah Blind Guardian is definitely infectiously good, "Twist In The Myth" is widely regarded as their worst effort, but I'm glad you could even get a good kick outta that one. "A Night At The Opera" and "Nightfall In Middle-Earth" are my two personal favorite albums, but all the albums have some great songs. :kickass::kickass::kickass:
Twist is certainly weaker, but there are still some fantastic songs on it, just fewer good song than on Night at the Opera and Nightfall...
Already looking forward to the next one...although I know it's too early to start getting excited :zzz:

na, from what I've heard, they have potential. But just fail to be worth buying.

They're a band that is still struggling to find its identity. They have flashes of brilliance, reflected in the song Easton Hope. The arrangements are masterful in it. But a lot of the album doesn't stay nearly as interesting. Their next album should be a big one for them, almost like a make or break. They need to establish themselves because they have great potential.

Upcoming albums that are gonna rule:

Helloween - 7 Sinners (obviously)
Golden Resurrection - Glory To My King (neo-classical power metal, featuring Christian Liljegren of Narnia/Audiovision fame, as well as Tommy Johansson (ReinXeed)
Magic Kingdom - Symphony Of War (Belgian shredder Dushan Petrossi, featuring Olaf Hayer on vocals!)
Seven Thorns - Return To The Past (severly underrated Danish power metal. Their first album "Glow of Dawn" is a gem)

And somewhen Stratovarius are releasing a new album as well ...

Man, I gotta get me some Magic Kingdom.

I wish that was the name of a power metal band that covered Disney songs. Because that has been proven to be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upcoming albums that are gonna rule:

Helloween - 7 Sinners (obviously)
Golden Resurrection - Glory To My King (neo-classical power metal, featuring Christian Liljegren of Narnia/Audiovision fame, as well as Tommy Johansson (ReinXeed)
Magic Kingdom - Symphony Of War (Belgian shredder Dushan Petrossi, featuring Olaf Hayer on vocals!)
Seven Thorns - Return To The Past (severly underrated Danish power metal. Their first album "Glow of Dawn" is a gem)

And somewhen Stratovarius are releasing a new album as well ...

I'll check out the helloween album and you can keep the rest of it.

I'll agree with Einherjar and say that Spirit of Ukko is definitely the best. The one that starts with an R is probably Reformation, which is also a damn good album.

Yeah that's the one. Should be here soon. Got the Keldian in, yeah it's cheesy, but there are a few really good songs. Need to give it a few more spins before final judgment.

Also got the new Angra album, Aqua. I actually really enjoy it. More progressive I think than some of their other stuff, and all in all a really enjoyable listen. Awesome solo's as well.

Reformation is epic as hell. Spirit of Ukko is better as a cohesive whole, but Reformation has some amazing songs, like "Race With the Falcons," "Of Ancient Wounds," "The New Chapter," and the majestic "Reformation (Wrath of the Old Gods)."