Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Who are Keldian similar to? I'll pick up some CD's later to check them out.

What are your top 10 Power Metal bands? Mine would look something like this:

Blind Guardian
Fairyland
Rhapsody Of Fire
*Nightwish (old)
Freedom Call
*Elvenking
Bride Adorned
Dragonforce (old)
Gamma Ray
Sonata Arctica

:kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass:
*Not sure if they could strictly be called Power Metal but they're near enough so I'm gonna list them here anyway.

Who are Keldian similar to? I'll pick up some CD's later to check them out.

What are your top 10 Power Metal bands? Mine would look something like this:

Blind Guardian
Fairyland
Rhapsody Of Fire
*Nightwish (old)
Freedom Call
*Elvenking
Bride Adorned
Dragonforce (old)
Gamma Ray
Sonata Arctica

:kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass:
*Not sure if they could strictly be called Power Metal but they're near enough so I'm gonna list them here anyway.

Hmmm...they're hard to pin down...really they're isn't a band I've heard that I can compare them to, maybe a little like Sonata Arctica...

ETA- the singers range is a little lower than a lot of PM...but it's effortless, and has a very nice tone.

My 3 favorites:
Blind Guardian (by far my favorite PM band)
Angra
Sonata Arctica

Top ten, in no particular order

Running Wild
Iced Earth
Blind Guardian
Heavens Gate
Jag Panzer
Sabaton
Powerwolf
Tad Morose
Liege Lord
Manilla Road (if they count)

this thread is about POWER METAL
not power pop!
Im tired of these pussy so called power metal bands. god damn

What a load of retarded BS. Firstly, you're either insane or hearing-impaired if you think that song sounds like pop, and secondly, I (and I'm sure many other people) listen to Power Metal as a means to chill out (a mood which that song creates really well), whereas if I want to listen to something heavy I won't even look at Power Metal at all, I'll listen to other genres. Therefore choirs, extended keyboard and guitar solos, etc. (like Keldian) are very appropriate in Power Metal in my opinion.

I got hold of the Keldian discography and there are some real gems in there, and although most songs are heavier/faster than the song posted here, I still come back to it as one of my favorites because of the ethereal and unique atmosphere that it creates, especially the part with monks chanting, it always sends a shiver down my spine, I wish they had used these kinda effects more in the rest of the songs. :popcorn:

I haven't heard any good power metal in awhile :( Everything I listen to just sounds generic and is trying too hard to be epic. Any new revelations people have found? I'm craving some energizing power metal but all I find myself doing is playing Kiuas over and over again...

the fuck are you talking about?
That song is as poppy as power metal can get.

Pop music doesn't usually have real instruments, let alone keyboard and guitar solos as well as monks chanting etc. Your perception is really distorted. Here are a few more of Keldian's songs that are great:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7uj0BNo9ZA&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP1ng7n7oTg&feature=related[/ame]

The song "Heaven's Gate" isn't on Youtube but that's another great one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't heard any good power metal in awhile :( Everything I listen to just sounds generic and is trying too hard to be epic. Any new revelations people have found? I'm craving some energizing power metal but all I find myself doing is playing Kiuas over and over again...

Let me offer the following song up for your ears, it's energizing as hell and kicks my ass every single time:

Last edited by a moderator: