Resurrected Power Metal Thread

I was thinking the same thing.

It's because this thread historically has been the flowery gay power metal thread and the more traditional power metal was talked about other places.

Flowery gay power metal is where it's at.

Seriously though, it is. No problem with USPM. Could do with recommendations in that field. But you guys seem to be posting some really hmm ... strange heavy stuff ...

pure flowery fantastical wimpy euro power can be transporting and divine. it's not the wimpiness that's the problem for me but alternately the faux-aggressive chugging, random transitions/tempo changes, flash production or party atmosphere. nearly all flower metal exhibits one or more of these qualities.

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
Son of a bitch I've had the new Orden Ogan album "Gunman" since it leaked. And i'm definitely buying this, I've had it on repeat ever since. Such a fucking good band. It's like Running Wild/Blind Guardian had a birth child.

Reactions: Einherjar86
The first 9 Running Wild albums are getting reissued on LP and CD. Too bad they come packaged in 2 albums per case and shit, but I'm probably going to shell out the money for them.