Resurrected Power Metal Thread

The first 9 Running Wild albums are getting reissued on LP and CD. Too bad they come packaged in 2 albums per case and shit, but I'm probably going to shell out the money for them.

Where are you getting your info on that?

Port Royal and Under Jolly Roger are 2CD but the second disc is bonus material.

I thought when I was on their page that you had to buy certain albums in one package? Like how you can get Samael's "Worship Him" and "Blood Ritual" on 2 CDs but in the same jewel case packaging.

I thought when I was on their page that you had to buy certain albums in one package? Like how you can get Samael's "Worship Him" and "Blood Ritual" on 2 CDs but in the same jewel case packaging.

You're misreading. Those 2 cd packs you're seeing are just bundles. It's strange but I guess if you bought everything it'd make it cheaper in the end. The stand alone albums are at the bottom of that page.

Sitting here making a list on RYM of my 2016 favourite metal albums and I thought I'd share some power metal gems from last year that I haven't really seen anybody here talk about yet.

^Not power metal but so damn close that I think power metal fans will love it.

Sitting here making a list on RYM of my 2016 favourite metal albums and I thought I'd share some power metal gems from last year that I haven't really seen anybody here talk about yet.

^Not power metal but so damn close that I think power metal fans will love it.

this thing is really good also. nothing on youtube or bandcamp unfortunately:

Reactions: Iniquity
Some good stuff here, as usual. Didn't know Hammerfall put out a new one. Good to see the resurrected power metal thread so... resurrected. :cool:

Nothing much to share, but I am really enjoying Orden Ogan's newest. I've been a huge fan of these guys since Easton Hope (and I dig their album before that, Vale), so I admit to being biased in their favor. But I've yet to be disappointed, and I think the new one is a step up from Ravenhead in terms of songwriting. "Ashen Rain" and "Forlorn and Forsaken" are some seriously epic shit.

I haven't really been impressed with much power metal this year. The Kingslayer album is awesome, but that's it. It's been a far better year for progressive metal, with Threshold leading the way with the best album so far this year in any genre, Legends of the Shires.

So I've been looking around and buying the Running Wild reissues.

I had several albums but they were all russian bootlegs except for Gates to Purgatory and Blazon Stone.

The new versions of Port Royale and Under Jolly Roger sound great. I had to buy Branded and Exiled, Masquerade, Black Hand Inn, and Death or Glory all from the UK though, still waiting on them. I just couldnt find them for a reasonable price in the states. Still havent found Pile of Skulls for under like $18 though.

If anyone wants a Russian Port Royale or Under Jolly Roger let me know. They dont look bad and do have the russian OBI strip.

Power Metal? Don't mind if I do. My favorites are Kiuas, Hibria, Blind Guardian, Rhapsody, Gamma Ray, Helloween, At Vance, Sonata Arctica, Angra, Aquaria, Dragonland, Heavenly, Iced Earth, Luca Turilli, Savage Circus, Symphony X, X-Japan, etc etc... Way too many.

I'm gonna assume we're talking flowery, EuroPM-kinda stuff because I've never felt USPM to be meaningfully distinct from traditional heavy metal anyway.

Off the top of my head;

Galneryus - Angel of Salvation, Advance to the Fall
Alhambra - Fadista
Lost Horizon - A Flame to the Ground Beneath
DragonForce - Valley of the Damned (really)
Dark Moor - The Hall of Olden Dreams
Fairyland - Of Wars in Osyrhia