Reunions you'd like to see

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Hell yeah, I can't believe I forgot this one. Most people aren't aware of how much Albert, and to some extent Joe, contributed to the songwriting in BÖC's glory years. Another little known fact is the Imaginos album (one of my all time faves by the way) was originally a solo project of Albert's. He couldn't find funding to get it recorded and BOC and Sandy Pearlman stepped in to save the album, screwing Albert over in the process (as once the recordings were produced he was booted out of the band again).

While that's mostly true, the Imaginos story saga is a product of Sandy Pearlman's mind. (the songs themselves were more or less Albert's)

Creeps said:
OMG...

There's someone else who has the Cats N Boots album? I came across a live Shark Island CD when I was out in LA being a rockstar. My roomie was into HEavy Bones, Frankie Banali in that one right?

Helllll yea, I also have the Ellis/Ohashi (or however it's spelled, don't have the cd in front of me) "Lost Works" cd (it sucks though). I have that Live SI cd also. Heavy Bones has the singer from C'nB and Gary Hoey on guitar. If you like 80's metal, and you haven't heard Heavy Bones, you're missing out on 1 GREAT cd. :worship:

Major Kudos to the original Blue Murder lineup and Fifth Angel shout outs... they truly kick ass. :)

Pseudo Realistic Possibilities: Psychotic Waltz, Catharsis (another band from SD about the same time as PW), SeventhSign, Fates Warning w/Zonder and Aresti and special guest Arch, Megadeth with Marty Friedman, Cynic, Skid Row with Baz, Dokken (original lineup), Journey with Perry, Genesis (original lineup), Babylon AD, and hell yes to Pystol friggin' Whip! :D I think I may be the only person here who actually saw them! ;)

Only in my dreams: Cacophony, Badlands, Pantera (original lineup)

Badlands - With all three remaining members, Jake E Lee, Eric Singer, and Greg Chaison. Of course, you'd have to have a stand in for Ray, so my vote would go to Russell Allen or Jeff Scott Soto.

Fates Warning with John Arch

Savatage with Zak Stevens. If not Zak, then I've always thought that Urban Breed would be a great frontman for them!

Blue Murder with the three original members, John Sykes, Carmine Appice, and Tony Franklin

Rainbow with either Joe Lynn Turner or Ronnie James Dio

Skid Row with Sebastian Bach

Rough Cutt with Paul Shortino

edgeofthorns said:
Badlands - With all three remaining members, Jake E Lee, Eric Singer, and Greg Chaison. Of course, you'd have to have a stand in for Ray, so my vote would go to Russell Allen or Jeff Scott Soto.
Badlands w/ Jorn

Well, a great reunion is happening-- for all old-school thrash fans--

S A C R I F I C E:kickass:
dote2_web.gif

Canadian thrash metal legends SACRIFICE reunite for 'DAY OF THE EQUINOX II'

For the first time in 15 years Canadian thrash metal legends SACRIFICE will reunite for one-night only as headliner of 'DAY OF THE EQUINOX II' taking place on Saturday September 23rd, 2006 in Toronto, Ontario at the Opera House.

The band's original lineup of guitarist/singer Rob Urbinati, guitarist Joe Rico, bassist Scott Watts and drummer Gus Pynn will be performing tracks from their classic metal releases: Torment In Fire (1986), Forward To Termination (1987) and Soldiers of Misfortune (1990)

Interest in Sacrifice's music has peaked over the last year or so thanks in part to the hard work from Brazil's Marquee Records. The label has already re-released Torment In Fire and Forward To Termination as double CDs in limited-edition hand-numbered slipcases that contain massive booklets with liner notes, live pictures and personal comments from the band. The Soldiers of Misfortune re-issue will surface sometime this spring.

Returning to North America by special invitation will be Sumerian thrashing black metallers and pioneers of Mesopotamian metal MELECHESH for an exclusive North American appearance in direct support of Sacrifice. Melechesh is excited to be returning to North America to showcase material from their forthcoming album Emissaries (release date TBA)

Also performing will be Earache recording artists USURPER who will bring their old school style of fist-banging heavy metal to the event. Local old school thrash metallers RAMMER will open the event.

About returning to the stage for DOTE II, Urbinati says, "This is going to be a great experience for all of us in the band and our fans that have always shown support for us over the years. This show is for them. What an incredible rush it will be to get back on stage with the original Sacrifice and watch the pit go nuts!"

More info go here:

www.dayoftheequinox.com
www.myspace.com/dayoftheequinox
www.inertia-entertainment.com

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Hell yeah, I can't believe I forgot this one. Most people aren't aware of how much Albert and to some extent Joseph contributed to the songwriting in BOC's glory years. Another little known fact is the Imaginos album (one of my all time faves by the way) was originally a solo project of Alberts. He couldn't find funding to get it recorded and BOC and Sandy Pearlman stepped in to save the album, screwing Albert over in the process (as once the recordings were produced he was booted out of the band again).

Agree totally. I mean I was lucky to see BOC live free in 2004 and as much as it was a chance of a lifetime (since I never saw them before) I missed the Bouchard brothers big time.

That's also the reason I never bought the albums after "Extraterrestrial Live"

Avalanch - 'Alas De Cristal'