Reunions you'd like to see

Wyvern said:
Agree totally. I mean I was lucky to see BOC live free in 2004 and as much as it was a chance of a lifetime (since I never saw them before) I missed the Bouchard brothers big time.

They don't play out too often because their guarantee is reallly high. Since they don't tour, they fly to gigs, and it adds to the cost. A shame, really.

I saw them play recently in a wealthy Atlanta suburb, Peachtree City, with Foghat opening, at a mini-amphitheater. Lots of fun (Eric Bloom is a World of Warcraft junkie, no other word describes it :)) and it was pretty neet seeing parents who had dragged their teenagers along to the show. "You're gonna see a REAL rock concert, young man, none of this crappy new music!" And the kids I saw seemed to enjoy it.

That's also the reason I never bought the albums after "Extraterrestrial Live"

I'd suggest buying Imaginos, which rules, but it's damned near impossible to find. I'd looooooooove to see a "reunion" show with just one or two of those songs performed live. Well, aside from "Astronomy," maybe. :)

Easily one of the most undernoticed hard-rock/metal albums ever.

Yippee, I'm guessing that by "possible reunions," you mean reunions that don't involve dead people. With that in mind, here goes:

Altura
Athena with Fabio Lione
Black Sabbath with Tony Martin
Cacophony
Crimson Glory with either Midnight or Wade Black
Deep Purple Mk III ("Burn" and "Stormbringer"-era)
Eidolon with Brian Soulard
Elegy (any lineup)
Fates Warning with John Arch
Gamma Ray with Ralph Scheepers
Genesis with Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett
Grim Reaper
Heir Apparent
Hurricane
Imperium
Labyrinth with Fabio Lione
Leviathan
McCauley-Schenker Group
Mercury Rising (either lineup)
Metal Church with Mike Howe
The Quiet Room (first album lineup)
Rainbow with Ronnie James Dio
Talas
Tyketto
Uriah Heep
Vandenburg
Whitesnake with Steve Vai
Y & T

How's that for a list?

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Met-Al said:
Athena with Fabio Lione
Cacophony
Crimson Glory with either Midnight
Eidolon with Brian Soulard
Grim Reaper
Hurricane
Metal Church with Mike Howe
Tyketto

How's that for a list?
Met-Al

Them are some damn good choices.

Another vote for Powermad here. They sure are getting a ton of love here for only having one full release.

I'd also like to see Metal Church with Howe.

edgeofthorns said:
Badlands - With all three remaining members, Jake E Lee, Eric Singer, and Greg Chaison. Of course, you'd have to have a stand in for Ray, so my vote would go to Russell Allen or Jeff Scott Soto.

Fates Warning with John Arch

Savatage with Zak Stevens. If not Zak, then I've always thought that Urban Breed would be a great frontman for them!

Blue Murder with the three original members, John Sykes, Carmine Appice, and Tony Franklin

Rainbow with either Joe Lynn Turner or Ronnie James Dio

Skid Row with Sebastian Bach

Rough Cutt with Paul Shortino

Paul Shortino could do the Badlands gig, he has the chops to pull it off still. All his solo stuff and the Shortino/Northrup album are quite good.

Creeps said:
Paul Shortino could do the Badlands gig, he has the chops to pull it off still. All his solo stuff and the Shortino/Northrup album are quite good.

I agree with you. I don't have the latest Shortino release where it's mainly a blues album, but the cuts I've sampled sound really good!

Creeps, you need to check out Jake E Lee's latest solo release, Retraced, if you have't already. It's good stuff as well!

Met-Al said:
Yippee, I'm guessing that by "possible reunions," you mean reunions that don't involve dead people. With that in mind, here goes:

Yeah, that's what I was implying when I said, "(stick with realistically possible reunions - in other words, no Led Zep reuninons)". I meant to reunions which aren't possible because one or more members are dead.

Met-Al said:
The Quiet Room (first album lineup)
That first album was pretty damn good.

Met-Al said:
Vandenburg
I thought about that one too.

Met-Al said:
I met a guy at the pre-party last year who had a Y&T t-shirt on. He said that they still play in California. I saw them a long time ago (they opened for Ace Frehley). They were great live. Lots of fun.

Pellaz said:
I'd suggest buying Imaginos, which rules, but it's damned near impossible to find. I'd looooooooove to see a "reunion" show with just one or two of those songs performed live. Well, aside from "Astronomy," maybe. :)

Easily one of the most undernoticed hard-rock/metal albums ever.

While I agree with Pellaz's choice, their return from nowhere 1998 album Heaven Forbid is better than most "comeback reunion" albums, while no Bouchards (who can be found on Albert's Cellsum Records band The Brain Surgeons) are present.

Yippee38 said:
I met a guy at the pre-party last year who had a Y&T t-shirt on. He said that they still play in California. I saw them a long time ago (they opened for Ace Frehley). They were great live. Lots of fun.

Go to http://www.blazeradiofm.com/ as they are running an online petition to get a Y&T show in Chicago.

So far, dates scheduled in Denver and a fest in Minnesota....getting closer!

Met-Al said:

WOW - that would be too cool - anyone know whatever happened to these guys anyway??? One of those old school Magna Carta bands..... after a bunch of spins I totally got into that self titled album and then they fell off the damn planet and disapeared..... :confused:

[Tyketto - 'nother good choice Al]

Personally, I would love for Digital Ruin to reform.... love the hell out of both their discs....
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

[and the current version of the band minus the singer - WTF is it called, Monoblock or some shit?.... - that just is not the same stuff....]

The second original line up of ROYAL HUNT
Andre Anderson
Jakob Kaier
Steen Morgesteen
Allan Sorenson
DC COOPER

Met-Al said:

Tyketto

I was lucky enough to see Tyketto in New York in late 1993 and it was a fantastic show. Don't Come Easy may be the greatest overlooked late 80's/early 90's hard rock album (also: Last Of The Runaways by Giant) and the songs Forever Young and Standing Alone are just complete perfection for their genre.

I guess I will toss Giant into the ring as well.

I know that this has been mentioned a few times already, in this thread, but I have to cast my vote for Ark. Even though it's not likely to happen.

Unca Kev said:
I know that this has been mentioned a few times already, in this thread, but I have to cast my vote for Ark. Even though it's not likely to happen.

I'm quite sure it will never happen. It's sad, they're one of my favorites of all time!

I heard Chris barnes called up Paul from CC to congratulate him on his daughters birth recently. A few seconds later Chris says " now that we are friends again , dude...how about a CC reunion?" Paul knew the only reason he called was to beg him for a reunion...he did'nt give a damn about his daughter....a perfect example of the real Chris Barnes, you stupid assholes keep on believing in. Keep on smoking your weed Chris and dreaming of a CC reunion.