Riff Thieves

Atreyu ripped off In Flames - The Hive riff almost verbatim, as in I could barely tell the difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
This topic is quite useless imo. If you write something, there's a high possibility that it sounds a bit like something someone already did.

However..

Sonic Syndicate steals from In Flames. gay-ass Trivium steals from everyone. So does Lamb of God. These bands suck. Big time.

As far as I can remember there's a riff in "Fade to Black" which resembles one of the riffs from Saxon's tune "The Eagle has Landed", or perhaps a different one.

Oh and Heidenreich rip off both "Disposable Heroes" AND "To live is to Die" in one song, or at least they sound similar.

Dragonforce's sonic firestorm ripped off the riff from Dragonforce's valley of the dammed. I was like wtf when I heard this I can't believe dragonforce would rip off from dragonforce that Is like wayyyy out of line.

Tidfall ripped a lot of riffs although they released only 3 albums. Besides I think it isn't possible to not steal couple of riffs when there are nearly 100 000 bands.

Maybe noone is ripping off anyone and all these riffs are just colliding with people running out of idea for new riffs.

cept trivium who are famous for that shit.

Camel - Never let go intro ripped by Opeth - benighted intro

Vintersorg - Svältvinter intro r.b Opeth - Porcelain Heart acoustic break near 5 min.

Trivium steals to survive. I really hate them, but the past week I heard by accident a song where the main riff was a rip off from Death's Symbolic (pre-chorus riff).

I don't have a big problem when a band use something to complement their own creation, but when they steal a riff and make it their main riff on one of 'their' songs, that's shameful.