Satan or Hussein, who's insane?

Papa Josh

Minister of Propaganda
Bush looked like Satan last night on tv... those beady little rat eyes.

All for oil, oil for all...

The arctic refuge is next... where does this man's impending road with doom end? Everything he does is premeditated... one of his favorite words.

Bush should be held accountable for war crimes and crimes against his own people. It's interesting that the fedral government excecuted a man today for kidnapping, rape and murder and Bush, as always, ignored pleas on his behalf... he has a good record for that in Texas. What makes it more interesting is the man's defense... brain damage from exposure to Iraqi nerve gas in part one of the "Gulf War."

It seems our government wants everyone to understand the danger of these chemical agents, yet when one of their own has been subject to it and its effects, instead of attempting to rehabilitate this person, they kill him. Humane?

Bush wants to talk about lawless men... he interprets the law as he sees fit, to benefit his agenda. He avoided a debate with Hussein because Hussein would've shown the world what a fool America has for a leader...

I'm sorry if this bothers anyone, but he needs to be taken out... Why is it our government only assassinates good people like JFK or MLK, Jr.?

Would we be in this fucking mess if Gore were president? I think not...

People only need look at the mess Texas is in and relate it to the rest of the country's economic crisis to see the parallels... In my state, we are getting ready to cut CHIP, a child health insurance provider, of which my daughter is a part of... yet, let's build more fucking highways and try to get the goddamned Olympics in Houston....

"Let the fires burn" :devil:

Papa Josh said:
Bush looked like Satan last night on tv... those beady little rat eyes.

Didn't watch it. Children of Dune is far more important.

All for oil, oil for all...

The arctic refuge is next... where does this man's impending road with doom end? Everything he does is premeditated... one of his favorite words.

It's been said a thousand times before, but here we go again. Less than 10% (or a number close to it) of our oil comes from Iraq. If the US needed oil as desperately as the conspiracy theorists would have you believe, we'd be pumping out everything Alaska has. Yet, we are not, and it's not because of the efforts of environmentalist morons.

Bush should be held accountable for war crimes and crimes against his own people. It's interesting that the fedral government excecuted a man today for kidnapping, rape and murder and Bush, as always, ignored pleas on his behalf... he has a good record for that in Texas. What makes it more interesting is the man's defense... brain damage from exposure to Iraqi nerve gas in part one of the "Gulf War."

It seems our government wants everyone to understand the danger of these chemical agents, yet when one of their own has been subject to it and its effects, instead of attempting to rehabilitate this person, they kill him. Humane?

It was not proven that the nerve gas made him commit those crimes. And I'm sure he wasn't the only one "affected" by these supposed nerve agents. So why didn't everyone else "affected" by them kidnap, rape, and murder an innocent person? What was that? Oh yes, that's right, because it was probably a poor attempt to pull on the heart strings of a jury. "Oh, he served in Desert Storm and inhaled gas that made him commit these heinous acts. Poor little ol' soldier"

I'm sorry if this bothers anyone, but he needs to be taken out... Why is it our government only assassinates good people like JFK or MLK, Jr.?

JFK was not the supposed boy scout everyone would like to believe.

Would we be in this fucking mess if Gore were president? I think not...

Maybe, maybe not. We'll never know.

People only need look at the mess Texas is in and relate it to the rest of the country's economic crisis to see the parallels... In my state, we are getting ready to cut CHIP, a child health insurance provider, of which my daughter is a part of... yet, let's build more fucking highways and try to get the goddamned Olympics in Houston....

Then leave if you are unhappy here.

Dreamlord said:
Didn't watch it. Children of Dune is far more important.

It's been said a thousand times before, but here we go again. Less than 10% (or a number close to it) of our oil comes from Iraq. If the US needed oil as desperately as the conspiracy theorists would have you believe, we'd be pumping out everything Alaska has. Yet, we are not, and it's not because of the efforts of environmentalist morons.

The amount of oil we get from them has nothing to with it. It's the fact that Bush wants the oil and believe me, it's not for the Iraqi people. Why was he more concerned with Hussein destroying the oil fields last night than innocent children dying as a result of his attack?

"Environmenatlist morons"? I think some of the shit you say is because you don't have a child and don't take the time to think about future generations. If Iraq is not a significant supplier of oil, then why are you paying the amount that you are at the pump?

Dreamlord said:
It was not proven that the nerve gas made him commit those crimes. And I'm sure he wasn't the only one "affected" by these supposed nerve agents. So why didn't everyone else "affected" by them kidnap, rape, and murder an innocent person? What was that? Oh yes, that's right, because it was probably a poor attempt to pull on the heart strings of a jury. "Oh, he served in Desert Storm and inhaled gas that made him commit these heinous acts. Poor little ol' soldier"

Chemicals affect everyone differently, scientific fact. You sure do come to judgement really quickly based on probables and maybes. You'd be perfect at an HPD DNA crime lab!! But hopefully, the truth will come out on just how fucked the Texas system is...

Dreamlord said:
JFK was not the supposed boy scout everyone would like to believe.

Never said he was... but I don't think his intentions were evil..

[QUOTE='Dreamlord]Then leave if you are unhappy here.[/QUOTE]

Fuck that, I'd rather sit here in my home state and join the fight for change, something I have always been a part of.

More facts about the coming war:

As Dreamlord stated, less than 10% of American oil comes from Iraq. A far greater amount comes from our OWN soil (or basins) in Alaska, Texas, Louisiana, the Gulf of Mexico, etc.

The Alaskan oil pipeline is flowing at approximately 20% capacity right now. We very clearly DON'T need the oil.

Iraq's 3 largest oil importers: France, Russia, Germany...hmmm, the 3 most vocal countries about our involvement with Iraq. How ironic. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Uh, sorry, the facts end with those 3 points above. The rest is my warmongering opinion :D

I don't give a rat's ass if the fucker that kidnapped, raped and murdered someone ate uranium for breakfast. You rape or kill someone? You die. Plain and fucking simple. And I know how unlikely it is that an indicted rapist/kidnapper/murderer might have a legal team that oh, how shall we say, bent the truth in his defense? Riiiiiggghhhhtt.

I'm a registered Democrat, and generally lean slightly left-of-center, but I can tell you we'd be in deep-as-a-grave shit if Al Gore was leading this country. Like it or not, it's time to clean the planet of some scum. So we're beginning with Hussein. He won't be the last. Name me the last time a Democratic president was able to even properly handle international relations? Or successfully lead our country during a time of strife and endangered homeland security?

Papa Josh said:
Unemployment as a near high here, I'm not employed and my wife's insurance is far too expensive...

Can't afford to move.

Sounds like you can't afford NOT to move.

This will sound pretty personal, but if you are so concerned about the well-being of your daughter, why don't you get off your ass and find a job. Stop wasting your money on dope while your at it.

An opinion coming from somebody that wants to blame society and the government for their problems doesn't mean crap to me. Stop sucking my tits dry, then I'll listen to what you have to say about Bush and Iraq.

Reactions: NAD
Papa Josh said:
If Iraq is not a significant supplier of oil, then why are you paying the amount that you are at the pump?
Because oil companies look for any excuse to raise their price, even though the cost of oil per barrell has decreased over the last few days. We get more oil from Kuwait than we do Iraq, the first Gulf War was about oil, this (pending) one is not. Besides, the U.S. can't even control OPEC's pricing, let alone control their supply.

However, I will agree that if Gore was president, we most definitely would not be going after Iraq, I could never see Gore as a pre-emptive type of guy.

Papa Josh said:
The amount of oil we get from them has nothing to with it. It's the fact that Bush wants the oil and believe me, it's not for the Iraqi people. Why was he more concerned with Hussein destroying the oil fields last night than innocent children dying as a result of his attack?

Josh, you're a bit mixed up on facts here. Though the media did a terrible job of clarifying that statement, there are a number of reasons why 'not destroying oil fields' is crucial in this campaign.

1) Anyone remember Kuwait? Do you have ANY idea how long an oil field will burn for once ignited?
2) The environmental and health after-effects of burning oil fields in the Middle East would long-term kill far more LIFE (both human, plant & animal) than the United State's surgical weaponry in the next 3 wars.

npearce said:
This will sound pretty personal, but if you are so concerned about the well-being of your daughter, why don't you get off your ass and find a job. Stop wasting your money on dope while your at it.

First off, bro, I don't spend money on weed, I get it for FREE. So, don't come at me with your shit unless you have your fact's straight.

npearce said:
An opinion coming from somebody that wants to blame society and the government for their problems doesn't mean crap to me. Stop sucking my tits dry, then I'll listen to what you have to say about Bush and Iraq.

Again, check yourself.

If I'm not mistaken those last oil fields burned for at least 5 years, or are some still aflame?

markgugs said:
Josh, you're a bit mixed up on facts here. Though the media did a terrible job of clarifying that statement, there are a number of reasons why 'not destroying oil fields' is crucial in this campaign.

1) Anyone remember Kuwait? Do you have ANY idea how long an oil field will burn for once ignited?
2) The environmental and health after-effects of burning oil fields in the Middle East would long-term kill far more LIFE (both human, plant & animal) than the United State's surgical weaponry in the next 3 wars.

Whoever wrote his speech for him last night would like you to believe that.. :D

Papa Josh said:

Like I said, I didn't watch, but I did watch Children of Dune which kicked maybe bootie.

"Environmenatlist morons"? I think some of the shit you say is because you don't have a child and don't take the time to think about future generations. If Iraq is not a significant supplier of oil, then why are you paying the amount that you are at the pump?

Nope. No kids right now. Not even engaged. But by the time I'm ready to have kids, I will have hopefully carved out a nice little piece of property for my family far away from the troubles of the world.

I'm paying that amount at the pump because the oil tycoons are greedy. Simple. Tey are playing off the fears of an oil shortage, which will never happen.

Chemicals affect everyone differently, scientific fact. You sure do come to judgement really quickly based on probables and maybes. You'd be perfect at an HPD DNA crime lab!! But hopefully, the truth will come out on just how fucked the Texas system is...

I gues I'm just as quick to judge a criminal as the criminal was quick to kill an innocent person. I'm not the problem, the criminals are.

Fuck that, I'd rather sit here in my home state and join the fight for change, something I have always been a part of.

Fair enough. If you bitch and complain about something long enough, I guess someone will here you.

Papa Josh said:
It's because of most democratic presidents that me and you haven't been wiped off of this godforsaken planet.

Perhaps. Though I'm sure the argument can be made that BECAUSE of democratic presidents, quite literally MILLIONS of people throughout the world HAVE been wiped off this planet.

* Vietnam, largely the fault of democratic leadership.
* Bosnia/Serbia, look at the atrocities that went unchecked for decades and Clinton's reluctance to become at all involved
* North Korea, they are where they are RIGHT NOW thanks to 8 of the past 10 years of democratic leadership leaving them alone until now, when it's likely too late - you cannot blame our current government for that
* Cuba, JFK is solely responsible for fucking up the Bay of Pigs/Cuban Missle Crisis due to indecision and a botched assasination attempt

I'm sure there are more, but seeing as how I'm going from memory, that's what I can come up with now.

Dreamlord said:
Like I said, I didn't watch, but I did watch Children of Dune which kicked maybe bootie.

Nope. No kids right now. Not even engaged. But by the time I'm ready to have kids, I will have hopefully carved out a nice little piece of property for my family far away from the troubles of the world.

I'm paying that amount at the pump because the oil tycoons are greedy. Simple. Tey are playing off the fears of an oil shortage, which will never happen.

I gues I'm just as quick to judge a criminal as the criminal was quick to kill an innocent person. I'm not the problem, the criminals are.

Fair enough. If you bitch and complain about something long enough, I guess someone will here you.

Exactly, I want out of this city where a threat of blowing up chemical plants is very high.. We agree a bit on the tycoons.. and I know you're not the problem, but I don't know if I would want you on a jury... :D

Papa Josh said:
Whoever wrote his speech for him last night would like you to believe that.. :D

Dude, whether you're liberal, conservative, pro-or-anti-Bush, pro-or-anti-war, you HAVE to realize that this is the case. If Bush and his staff of advisors wanted we, the American public, to take that away from his comment, they would have said it. You know as well as I that most people need to be spoon-fed what to think.

I pointed this out because any intelligent person simply has to realize this.

The government IS representing the people.

As far back as 6 months ago, American citizens in favor of a military campaign against nations which we feel are a threat (important choice of words) was running at approximately 55-56% of those polled.

In recent weeks, that number has climbed as high as 62-63%, and I imagine it's only going to reach even higher.

That's not even taking into account the weeks after 9/11 when military strikes against ANY and ALL nations perceived to harbor terrorist threats was running well over 85% (a great deal of which can be chalked up to the emotional furor that was running rampant at the time).

But no matter how you slice it, 55% or 85%, that's a majority. The only reason the protestors, liberals and political dissenters get so much fucking airtime is BECAUSE they're the minority.

The majority IS getting what they want; no reason to stand on a corner with a fucking sign and ask me to honk if I agree, now is there?