NO Insane McCain! NO Barack Hussein!

A wikipedia link is hardly evidence of anything and will get you laughed out of wherever you post them. I'm asking about a legit birth certificate. One that hasn't already been outed as a fake on the net.

Thanks

Sure, I'll get right on that when you post some kind of proof that he wasn't born in the US.

Good job of not getting the bailout bill passed, and the stock market dropping nearly 800 points. Now, I think everyone should be fired. I hate to see what my 401K looks like now.

Good job of not getting the bailout bill passed, and the stock market dropping nearly 800 points. Now, I think everyone should be fired. I hate to see what my 401K looks like now.

Don't worry. That's just the fat fucks knee-jerking over the awful reality that they didn't get a cruise ship loaded with free money from all of us. They'll get over it, resume buying and selling equities at normal prices, and restore value to your 401k in good time.

Jurched

C-Span is boring, i'll admit, but there are some good tidbits to find about what is really going on out there.
it seems a certain party WANTED regulations on these out-of-control lending practices, but another certain party wouldnt have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
C-Span is boring, i'll admit, but there are some good tidbits to find about what is really going on out there.
it seems a certain party WANTED regulations on these out-of-control lending practices, but another certain party wouldnt have it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs

Why wasn't a single regulatory bill passed then? Um, everybody knew what was going to happen and no one did anything. There have been a bizillion congressional hearings on all these matters and nothing was done. If you think it's just an issue of Democrats, you are insane.

Also, the housing market was just the trigger. The current economic meltdown has much more to do with the failure of the derivatives market which was insanely unregulated. In other words, if firms weren't allowed resell their bad mortgages (cooking their books along the way) then it wouldn't have had such a ripple effect to insurance companies, other banks, etc. The bad lending practices of F & F were only the beginning.

Don't worry. That's just the fat fucks knee-jerking over the awful reality that they didn't get a cruise ship loaded with free money from all of us. They'll get over it, resume buying and selling equities at normal prices, and restore value to your 401k in good time.

Jurched

:lol::lol:

Well, it depends what your 401K was in!

I am very glad the bill failed. It is indeed time for a recession to let the corporate babies who couldn't control themselves collapse. We'll be better off in the long run.

Why wasn't a single regulatory bill passed then? Um, everybody knew what was going to happen and no one did anything. There have been a bizillion congressional hearings on all these matters and nothing was done. If you think it's just an issue of Democrats, you are insane.

Also, the housing market was just the trigger. The current economic meltdown has much more to do with the failure of the derivatives market which was insanely unregulated. In other words, if firms weren't allowed resell their bad mortgages (cooking their books along the way) then it wouldn't have had such a ripple effect to insurance companies, other banks, etc. The bad lending practices of F & F were only the beginning.

It all boils down to the housing market. Real Estate Agents, Mortgage brokers/lenders. I was buying a house this year, and these fucking people STILL try and pull the same scam tactics they screwed people into 3 years ago.

Talk to a Real Estate Agent, Mortgage broker, found out their qualifications. Most..were lucky to pass their licensing tests on the third try..

these firms wouldnt have made the risky loans if it wasnt for Dems pushing it, in the first place. Slick Willie was so worried about popularity and his status as 'first black president' that he didnt care about the long-run damage. it's ridiculous that the Dems are getting a pass on this thing. the grand bulk of the problem is in their laps.

these firms wouldnt have made the risky loans if it wasnt for Dems pushing it, in the first place. Slick Willie was so worried about popularity and his status as 'first black president' that he didnt care about the long-run damage. it's ridiculous that the Dems are getting a pass on this thing. the grand bulk of the problem is in their laps.

No, No. No and No. The long-term damage comes from the fact that banks were largely deregulated in the last 10-15 years. Clinton signed many of these bills but most were created by for and pushed for by people like Phil Gramm who helped bring us things like Enron. Again, bad loans isn't really the issue here. If it were we'd only see one or two mortgage firms fail and not entire global markets. (Also, a lot of people made a lot of short-term profit off these mortgage deals.) No, we are facing a serve meltdown of banking (commercial and other) and insurance firms because there use to be many laws that walls between such firms. This, in turn, leads to a serve credit crunch which we will be facing for the next year to two. This is what happens when you let corporations run the government. They melt the economy, run away with the money, and then cry for more.

Republicans thought you could undo all the laws that were passed after the Great Depression to protect Americans from such nonsense. Democrats, also beholden to their corporate paymasters, went along for the ride. THE BULK OF THE PROBLEM LIES WITH THE ENTIRE GOVERNMENT.

Blaming Clinton because he wanted to be "black President" is shockingly stupid. But again, and it's quite clear, you don't understand economics or anything that doesn't come in the form of sound bite. Look, this is too serious of a problem to be an idiot about. It really is.

No, No. No and No. The long-term damage comes from the fact that banks were largely deregulated in the last 10-15 years. Clinton signed many of these bills but most were created by for and pushed for by people like Phil Gramm who helped bring us things like Enron. Again, bad loans isn't really the issue here. If it were we'd only see one or two mortgage firms fail and not entire global markets. (Also, a lot of people made a lot of short-term profit off these mortgage deals.) No, we are facing a serve meltdown of banking (commercial and other) and insurance firms because there use to be many laws that walls between such firms. This, in turn, leads to a serve credit crunch which we will be facing for the next year to two. This is what happens when you let corporations run the government. They melt the economy, run away with the money, and then cry for more.

Republicans thought you could undo all the laws that were passed after the Great Depression to protect Americans from such nonsense. Democrats, also beholden to their corporate paymasters, went along for the ride. THE BULK OF THE PROBLEM LIES WITH THE ENTIRE GOVERNMENT.

Blaming Clinton because he wanted to be "black President" is shockingly stupid. But again, and it's quite clear, you don't understand economics or anything that doesn't come in the form of sound bite. Look, this is too serious of a problem to be an idiot about. It really is.

and yet, you're still in here pitching.
wow.

No, No. No and No. Republicans thought you could undo all the laws that were passed after the Great Depression to protect Americans from such nonsense. Democrats, also beholden to their corporate paymasters, went along for the ride. THE BULK OF THE PROBLEM LIES WITH THE ENTIRE GOVERNMENT.

Yes yes, the entire government is to blame. But you do yourself a serious disfavour by flying off the handle when Sue points out some ugly truths.

Bringing up Bill Clinton merely reminds me of the Lewinsky affair, when all Clinton's admirers could do is say, "all politicians are philanderers and cheaters." True, but dodges the main issue: Democrats, and especially one particular democrat, were far worse.

And so it is today with the Financial meltdown!

Democrats with their maniacal and savage goal of centralized planning are leading the charge in overthrowing our economy and taking direct control of it! Stupid incumbent oligarch republicans are trailing along in hopes of carving out their own little empires.

Think I'm full of shit? Answer me this, my friend.

WHY are only Democrats out there saying, "Now's not the time for blame, now's for fixing the problem."

Why? WHY???

BECAUSE THEY ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF IT! From what I've read, this Fannie/Freddie bullshit is a hundred times more costly and corrupt than Enron and guess what? I don't see Ken Lay's ghost advising Insane McCain, but I do see Jim Johnson advising Obama, even though this dirty criminal bought Washington while padding himself with fat bonuses equal to a thousand failed mortgages!!

Now's not the time for blame, Obama? Of course not! His campaign would split apart, as would the campaigns of ALL the Democrat leadership!

Jurched

Yes yes, the entire government is to blame. But you do yourself a serious disfavour by flying off the handle when Sue points out some ugly truths.

Bringing up Bill Clinton merely reminds me of the Lewinsky affair, when all Clinton's admirers could do is say, "all politicians are philanderers and cheaters." True, but dodges the main issue: Democrats, and especially one particular democrat, were far worse.

And so it is today with the Financial meltdown!

Democrats with their maniacal and savage goal of centralized planning are leading the charge in overthrowing our economy and taking direct control of it! Stupid incumbent oligarch republicans are trailing along in hopes of carving out their own little empires.

Think I'm full of shit? Answer me this, my friend.

WHY are only Democrats out there saying, "Now's not the time for blame, now's for fixing the problem."

Why? WHY???

BECAUSE THEY ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF IT! From what I've read, this Fannie/Freddie bullshit is a hundred times more costly and corrupt than Enron and guess what? I don't see Ken Lay's ghost advising Insane McCain, but I do see Jim Johnson advising Obama, even though this dirty criminal bought Washington while padding himself with fat bonuses equal to a thousand failed mortgages!!

Now's not the time for blame, Obama? Of course not! His campaign would split apart, as would the campaigns of ALL the Democrat leadership!

Jurched

I don't see where you think I disagree with you. I have nothing to say in defense of the Democrats except they weren't the party in control which is a lame defense.

What ugly truths does Sue point out? Half truths learned from talk radio? In fact, her post essentially says that Republicans tried prevented the melt-down, which is insane. This is huge, endemic problem to how government has related to wall street for the last thirty years. Turning it into a Partisan issue is insane.

Also, note when the bailout passes the House, what it will take it get House Republicans on board. You really think they won't cave when the bill includes acceptable "sweetners?" Hey, I hope they don't, but don't kid yourself either.

What ugly truths does Sue point out? Half truths learned from talk radio? In fact, her post essentially says that Republicans tried prevented the melt-down, which is insane. This is huge, endemic problem to how government has related to wall street for the last thirty years. Turning it into a Partisan issue is insane.

Also, note when the bailout passes the House, what it will take it get House Republicans on board. You really think they won't cave when the bill includes acceptable "sweetners?" Hey, I hope they don't, but don't kid yourself either.

Oh hey, I never kid myself. There are enough highly compensated public sevants out there to kid me!!

I perused Dodd's 6-page outline of this EESA bill, looking for the sweeteners. Huh, all that fucking bribery must be lost somewhere in the 450 page version.

Sweeteners! Shhhhiiiiiiaaaattt! And after both of those fucked-up muthafuckin FUCKERS in Friday's presidential debate wagged their little fingers about earmarks and corruption, how they'd fight this fucking Christmas present swap-meet, how they'd veto bills stuffed with pork.

Those goddamned pieces of Presidential SHIT!

Ehh... why am I blowing a gasket over this? Its as though I expected better from people named Insane McCain and Barack Hussein.

Jurched

pal.jpg

Lol, that "debate" was nothing more than pure comedic gold. No wonder republicans are labeled as dumb and outdated.

pal.jpg

Lol, that "debate" was nothing more than pure comedic gold. No wonder republicans are labeled as dumb and outdated.

Dealing in generalizations is a behavior of the stupid. The only ones who think Republicans are dumb and outdated are the same great thinkers that speak only in terms of Dem vs Rep. Your little flow chart could just as easily have Obama's name on it and the word "change".

In regards to last nights debate. Palin didn't have to come in and blow everyone away with her knowledge of foreign policy or the budget deficit. All she had to do was come in and not make any mistakes. She did just that. Biden on the other hand had a golden opportunity slip through his fingers. How many times has he run for president? How many years has he been in office? While his # of years in office dwarf his accomplishments. He certainly has done more and has more experience than Palin. With that, I expected him to absolutely bury Palin. He didn't. Not at all .From an issues standpoint, I give the debate to Biden. From a standpoint of who reached the American people more and identified with them more. Landslide in favor of Palin.

It's ironic that Palin is being crucified for not having any experience. It's classic projection. To take the focus off of the fact that Obama has been a Senator for ten minutes and written more memoirs than legislation. The VP candidate from the right is attacked over alleged inexperience. Ideologically Palin and Obama are very different. From an experience standpoint, they are similar in that they both lack it. The difference there being that Palin has actual accomplishments on her resume.

I perused Dodd's 6-page outline of this EESA bill, looking for the sweeteners. Huh, all that fucking bribery must be lost somewhere in the 450 page version.

Sweeteners! Shhhhiiiiiiaaaattt! And after both of those fucked-up muthafuckin FUCKERS in Friday's presidential debate wagged their little fingers about earmarks and corruption, how they'd fight this fucking Christmas present swap-meet, how they'd veto bills stuffed with pork.

Those goddamned pieces of Presidential SHIT!

Jurched

Ah yes, among the many golden things included were:

1. Sec. 503. Exemption from excise tax for certain wooden arrows designed for use by children. (Page 263)

Current law places an excise tax of 39 cents on the first sale by the manufacturer, producer, or importer of any shaft of a type used to produce certain types of arrows. This proposal would exempt from the excise tax any shaft consisting of all natural wood with no laminations or artificial means to enhance the spine of the shaft used in the manufacture of an arrow that measures 5/16 of an inch or less and is unsuited for use with a bow with a peak draw weight of 30 pounds or more. The proposal is effective for shafts first sold after the date of enactment. The estimated cost of the proposal is $2 million over ten years, according to the Joint Committee on Taxation.

The Oregon senators were the initial sponsors of the provisions. According to Bloomberg News, the provision would be worth $200,000 to Rose City Archery in Myrtle Point, Oregon

Some crises indeed if there is time for tax credits for wooden arrows. This, no doubt, will help the middle class as Obama says! Oh, Mccain would totally voted against these type of things! Sarah Palin is feeling your pain and winking at you! You betcha!