Jurched

Ask&YoullBeSorry
May 10, 2005
Calais, Maine (not France)
Yesterday, I asked my barber which candidate he supported. He said to me,

"If God had wanted me to vote, He would've given me a candidate."

To which I responded, "Here's something for yer bumper sticker:"

"NO to Insane McCain, NO to Barack Hussein!"

What in the fucking HELL is the matter with our political system these days? I still can't get to grips with the reality of our situation.

Why I hate INSANE McCAIN: The man is off his rocker. It must be extreme irritability owing to his age and constant flashbacks to his POW time or something.

He's more a democrat than a republican, and his appalling record in the legislature proves he cannot be trusted in the executive. He'll simply rubberstamp everything his marxist comrades throw him from Capitol Hill. (In this regard, he WILL be another Bush term, because Bush simply decided everything Congress passes must be constitutional.)

Even worse, his foreign policy spells out a period of endless military intervention and conflict. Do you have any idea who his foreign policy advisor is? NO?! A certain Randy Scheunemann. A war profiteer and lobbyist for foreign governments. It is he who urged Bush into war with Iraq. And, it is he who urges Insane McCain into conflict with Russia over that backward shit-hole called Georgia, because he's paid by the Georgian government to do so!

FUCK McCain and his fat lobbyist war-profiteer buddy! If this Scheunemann scumbag is well-known, I'd hate to think how many invisible special interests are pulling Insane McCain's strings.

Why I hate BARACK HUSSEIN: The man is a follower, NOT a leader. He is exactly what the Democrat Convention portrayed him: an average man with average talents, unbecoming of high office, and an easy dupe for smart criminals like Tony Reszko.

WE ARE IN so much fuckin trouble if Barack Hussein becomes President. I mean, his Insane opponent is dangerous because of his old connections to fat lobbyists, but this naive Barack Hussein character will be swarmed by Clinton's brutal leeches, and he won't know how to wet his beak the way Bill did. Read my muthafuckin lips: Corruption on a breathtaking scale.

Even worse..., need I mention it? Yes, I'd better. Here's an honest question from a guilt-free white guy who deplores the continued slavery of the dark-skinned people by our political system:

"Do we need the racial liability of Barack Hussein?"

Every time the Congress, specifically GOP members, happens to reject a Barack Hussein initiative, will we really need to hear the "its only because the President is black" retort?

Every time some white supremacist nut-job tries to blow away Barack Hussein on the basis of his skin colour, will we really need the resulting race riots and destruction and suffering in all of our majour cities?

DO we really need this extra trouble?

Gimme your thoughts, people. I'm having trouble just swallowing these days...

Jurched

as usual, my love, you summed it up perfectly.

i have NEVER liked McCain and i wont vote for him.
however, weighing up the situation, i will vote against Obama and that means putting my mark beside 'McCain' on the ballot.

not voting isnt an option. at this point, it would be the same as voting for Obama and there's no way i want that on my conscience.

I can understand your feelings on the matter, Sue. But I have "voted against" my entire life:

1992- Against Bill Clinton
1996- Against Bill Clinton
2000- Against Algore
2004- Against John Kerry

Not to mention:

1992- Against Rep. Rosa DeLauro
1994- Against Rep. Rosa DeLauro
1996- Against Rep. Rosa DeLauro
1998- Against Rep. Rosa DeLauro
2000- Against Rep. Rosa DeLauro
2002- Against Rep. Rosa DeLauro
2004- Against Rep. Rosa DeLauro
2006- Against Rep. Rosa DeLauro
2008- PRESUMABLY Against Rep. Rosa DeLauro

Needless to say, I'm getting disillusioned with all of this.

Now, what's all this about Sarah Palin for VP? Don't know anything about her. My first instinct is, this election is turning into a freak show of external appearances, as though Americans can only vote for a ticket in the 21st century if some sort of bigotry is involved.

If this Gov. Palin is a conservative in addition to being a republican, perhaps we can hope that some time in February 2009, McCain could lose his temper, suffer a brain hemorrage, and see Palin sworn in as provisional president.

...Too much to pray for?

Jurched

I can understand your feelings on the matter, Sue. But I have "voted against" my entire life:

1992- Against Bill Clinton
1996- Against Bill Clinton
2000- Against Algore
2004- Against John Kerry

Not to mention:

1992- Against Rep. Rosa DeLauro
1994- Against Rep. Rosa DeLauro
1996- Against Rep. Rosa DeLauro
1998- Against Rep. Rosa DeLauro
2000- Against Rep. Rosa DeLauro
2002- Against Rep. Rosa DeLauro
2004- Against Rep. Rosa DeLauro
2006- Against Rep. Rosa DeLauro
2008- PRESUMABLY Against Rep. Rosa DeLauro

Needless to say, I'm getting disillusioned with all of this.

Now, what's all this about Sarah Palin for VP? Don't know anything about her. My first instinct is, this election is turning into a freak show of external appearances, as though Americans can only vote for a ticket in the 21st century if some sort of bigotry is involved.

If this Gov. Palin is a conservative in addition to being a republican, perhaps we can hope that some time in February 2009, McCain could lose his temper, suffer a brain hemorrage, and see Palin sworn in as provisional president.

...Too much to pray for?

Jurched

i can understand your disillusionment and it looks like this is going to be another one of those elections to vote 'against' somebody.

Palin was an unusual choice. i want to check into her voting background a little more, but what i do know is that she's had more experience than Obama in governing. heh...

what i have heard is that she's a strong conservative, so i'm hopeful.

...Too much to pray for?

Jurched

Do you really want a woman that could go into menopause at any moment running the country? Nukes would be dropping everywhere:lol:

Michal Savage has promised that he will develop a Nationalist party in 2009. Based on preserving our Borders, Country, Culture. Thats where I'm headed. The two parties candidates are so indistinguishable to me corrupt and flip floppy I probably will have to sit this one out. I feel as Jurched does. I am sick of voting against the people I hate rather than the person I want.

I don't plan on voting but both choices don't seem that bad after 8 years of the chimp in office..Although he is entertaining. I'm going to miss his sound bites.

I have already gotten used to the fact that when I go to the election, I vote AGAINST, not FOR.
If I were an American citizen I'd certainly go vote. Against Obama.

I have already gotten used to the fact that when I go to the election, I vote AGAINST, not FOR.
If I were an American citizen I'd certainly go vote. Against Obama.

Palin sounds like a good choice. she's both fiscally and socially conservative.

i love that Obama is saying she's 'inexperienced.' she actually has more experience in an executive role than him. he has about 140 days of active duty as a senator. she served as a mayor, and then spent the last 2 years as governor of Alaska.

she's relatively young [44] and nice looking, so should we start the countdown to when somebody on the left starts crowing that she and McCain must be having an affair?

she's relatively young [44] and nice looking, so should we start the countdown to when somebody on the left starts crowing that she and McCain must be having an affair?

Whoa! Visualize that one. Grandpa and his little granddaughter. Its almost like... paedophilia!

No, I was almost swooned by Miss Alaska's positive attributes. Suddenly, I awoke from the fantasy and remembered: "Insane McCain would be President. Hot Palin would only be Vice-President. And who ever voted for a vice-president??

Did anyone cast a vote for V.P. Mondale? (neither 1976 nor 1984!) Or V.P. George Bush? Or Algore? Or Dick Cheney?

Who the hell was gonna vote for Algore because Liebermann was gonna be the first Hebrew V.P.? Who was gonna vote for Kerry because Edwards was gonna have the best hair in V.P. history? Would ANYONE vote for Obama just because he tried to weigh down his hot air balloon with an old Senator like Biden, who's full of even more hot air?

But then, we live in crazy times. Perhaps the mould of histoire will be broken by Miss Alaska.

....Even though a rickety crank with a very short wick and no loyalty will be in command, not the hot gun-slinging Skirt from Skagway.

Jurched

Whoa! Visualize that one. Grandpa and his little granddaughter. Its almost like... paedophilia!

No, I was almost swooned by Miss Alaska's positive attributes. Suddenly, I awoke from the fantasy and remembered: "Insane McCain would be President. Hot Palin would only be Vice-President. And who ever voted for a vice-president??

Did anyone cast a vote for V.P. Mondale? (neither 1976 nor 1984!) Or V.P. George Bush? Or Algore? Or Dick Cheney?

Who the hell was gonna vote for Algore because Liebermann was gonna be the first Hebrew V.P.? Who was gonna vote for Kerry because Edwards was gonna have the best hair in V.P. history? Would ANYONE vote for Obama just because he tried to weigh down his hot air balloon with an old Senator like Biden, who's full of even more hot air?

But then, we live in crazy times. Perhaps the mould of histoire will be broken by Miss Alaska.

....Even though a rickety crank with a very short wick and no loyalty will be in command, not the hot gun-slinging Skirt from Skagway.

Jurched

she definitely makes the McCain ticket more appealing.

If you don't like either candidate, then vote for someone on the independent ballot. I voted for Perot in 92 because I didn't like Bush or Clinton. Giving your vote to someone you don't like doesn't make any sense.

I used to vote straight republican, because I used to be in the Marines, and the republicans tended to take care of the military. But after 8 years of Bush, there's no way in hell i'm voting republican. I always thought democrats were good for the economy, but cut back on the military and were soft on terrorists. Also, I felt it was better to have a republican in as president during a time of war. Yes, we needed to go to war with Afghanistan after 9/11, but we had no business going into Iraq this time, we had no justification. We would have been justified during Desert Storm, and got more help from other nations, instead we already lost over 4,000 men & women plus thousands of other injured. Because of that, I'm not voting for McCain, I feel he'll continue in Iraq.

In my opinion, all politicians are liars and crooks, you just have to find the lesser of 2 evils. I don't know if I'm voting for Obama or an independent. But after 8 years of Bush, gas prices well over $3 a gallon, the housing market in the gutter, and health care expenses high as hell, there's absolutely no way I'm voting republican.

What is so amusing Hussein instead of Obama?

Uhh! Its like the first grade here. Hussein rhymes with McCain, brainless. (Obama only rhymes with Osama, but unfortunately THAT would-be Presidential candidate died years ago.)

looks to me like you have a problem with his non english last name?

Indeed I do! I have a majour problem with that "Islamic, Homosexual, Long-Legged Mack-Daddy Emissary of the Devil, Barack Hussein Obama!"*

*Quoting the Honourable Reverend James David Manning, of course.

Jurched

I don't like either at all. Both have proved their willingness to change their mind to take the safest, most pandering positions during the campaigns so far. McCain: off shore drilling (um, outside of federally protected lands, this is a states-right issue so whether you are for it or not is fucking meaningless, but way to pander.) Obama lost me on his Fisa switch (so he's for more pointless government agencies so to look tough).

I'll probably vote third party again, but if forced to pick between the two, I'd go with Obama because Mccain's foreign policy is horrible. Also, Mccain's VP is terrible. Anyone not smart enough to leave Alaska shouldn't be anywhere near the White House.

Palin and Obama are equally inexperianced. Obama's VP pick at least has been around but for fuck's sake this election is just as crappy as the last one.

Palin and Obama are equally inexperianced. Obama's VP pick at least has been around but for fuck's sake this election is just as crappy as the last one.

actually, Palin has more experience on an executive level than Obama.
she's served on the city council, served as mayor, then as governor.
the people in Alaska seem to love what she's done.

Obama's experience is limited to voting on what other people have put in front of him.

When Bush took office, gas here in Northern VA was around $1.20-$1.40, health insurance for a family of 4 was around $100-$125 a month, and houses stayed on the market for 1-2 weeks before they were sold. 7 1/2 years later, gas prices are between $3.40-$3.60 a gallon, health insurance for a family a 4 is between $650-$725 a month, and the value of the homes in the area dropped 20-25%, houses are on the market for months and foreclosures have skyrocketed. These are reasons enough for me not to reward the republican party with my vote. There's no way any should reward the republican party with their votes, unless they're in the oil companies (or have stock in them), in the health insurance industry, or super-wealthy. Yes, the candidates aren't great, not by a long shot, but no one should reward the republican party with their votes, vote independent if you don't like Obama, it's better than giving it to the republicans. I vote for Billy in 08'. President Milano!!!!

If you don't like either candidate, then vote for someone on the independent ballot. I voted for Perot in 92 because I didn't like Bush or Clinton. Giving your vote to someone you don't like doesn't make any sense.

I used to vote straight republican, because I used to be in the Marines, and the republicans tended to take care of the military. But after 8 years of Bush, there's no way in hell i'm voting republican. I always thought democrats were good for the economy, but cut back on the military and were soft on terrorists. Also, I felt it was better to have a republican in as president during a time of war. Yes, we needed to go to war with Afghanistan after 9/11, but we had no business going into Iraq this time, we had no justification. We would have been justified during Desert Storm, and got more help from other nations, instead we already lost over 4,000 men & women plus thousands of other injured. Because of that, I'm not voting for McCain, I feel he'll continue in Iraq.

In my opinion, all politicians are liars and crooks, you just have to find the lesser of 2 evils. I don't know if I'm voting for Obama or an independent. But after 8 years of Bush, gas prices well over $3 a gallon, the housing market in the gutter, and health care expenses high as hell, there's absolutely no way I'm voting republican.

i thought you were a soldier.
:err: