NO Insane McCain! NO Barack Hussein!

It's ironic that Palin is being crucified for not having any experience. It's classic projection. To take the focus off of the fact that Obama has been a Senator for ten minutes and written more memoirs than legislation. The VP candidate from the right is attacked over alleged inexperience. Ideologically Palin and Obama are very different. From an experience standpoint, they are similar in that they both lack it. The difference there being that Palin has actual accomplishments on her resume.

Are you high?

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2008/09/what_theyve_accomplished.html

Also, we're comparing a state like Alaska (population 670,053) versus Illinois (population 12,831,970). Going by experience alone, whether in business or government, he outstrips her quite a bit.

Are you high?

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2008/09/what_theyve_accomplished.html

Also, we're comparing a state like Alaska (population 670,053) versus Illinois (population 12,831,970). Going by experience alone, whether in business or government, he outstrips her quite a bit.

You think that candidates should be considered based on the size of the population of their home state? Obama didn't govern Illinois he was a Senator. Were you to compare Palin to Blagojevich. Your point might hold some water.
Anyone can go to a website and pull up "facts" from a pundit.
See:http://www.audacityofhypocrisy.com/2008/08/30/sarah-palin-vs-barack-obama/

Are you high?

Have a closer look at the truth behind Obama's resume. This article is 3 years old. So, it was written back when Obama himself was saying he was not ready to be POTUS.
http://www.analyzethis.net/blog/2005/07/09/barack-obama-embellishes-his-resume/

it's all about what version of "the truth" you wish to subscribe to. Big shocker for everyone, they all have skeletons in their closet.

though I must say Biden is growing on me, not is a presidental sense, he has no inner monolog and that's awesome.

Are you high?

that proves nothing, considering he didnt lead or have any sort of executive role in Illinois. he was a first-term senator that got into office under 'cloudy' circumstances.
she actually stepped into an actual governing role for Alaska. she was in charge and had to make executive decisions. she wasnt just riding on the back of everybody else's ideas and signing off a yay or nay vote.

Dubiously, nobody is commenting on this clip.

i posted that clip earlier and all i heard from anybody was: 'well... why didnt the GOP try to change it?'
it doesnt matter that they did but the Dems voted them down.

i posted that clip earlier and all i heard from anybody was: 'well... why didnt the GOP try to change it?'
it doesnt matter that they did but the Dems voted them down.

Nonesense. What bill specifically was voted down? And again, the housing crisis itself alone didn't produce the current credit crunch. A whole series of events lead up to it during the last 10 years.

You think that candidates should be considered based on the size of the population of their home state? Obama didn't govern Illinois he was a Senator. Were you to compare Palin to Blagojevich. Your point might hold some water.
Anyone can go to a website and pull up "facts" from a pundit.
See:http://www.audacityofhypocrisy.com/2008/08/30/sarah-palin-vs-barack-obama/

So if I understand you correctly, you won't vote for Mccain since he doesn't have the experience of Palin? Or is it just true for Obama?

The experience thing isn't relevant and isn't nearly as important as one's knowledge of the world. Mccain did himself great a huge disservice by picking Palin. There were at least a half dozen stronger candidates.

So if I understand you correctly, you won't vote for Mccain since he doesn't have the experience of Palin? Or is it just true for Obama?

The experience thing isn't relevant and isn't nearly as important as one's knowledge of the world. Mccain did himself great a huge disservice by picking Palin. There were at least a half dozen stronger candidates.

I agree, there were/are more qualified individuals that McCain should have picked. Even I can look past my alleged punditry to see that she was picked for reasons other than experience. Any of the other POTUS candidates from the right and even Lieberman would have been a better choice. None of them would have given the party the jolt that Palin has. In a country where likeability supercedes quality. Palin gave McCain the best chance to win. Palin wasn't picked because she was the best VP choice. She was picked because she is to the right what Obama is to the left. Short on experience and long on likeability. Obama is only there because America was down with the Clintons.
I am not voting for McCain. I am voting against Obama. Although, I live in New York so, it is usually pointless to vote if you are right of center.

I agree, there were/are more qualified individuals that McCain should have picked. Even I can look past my alleged punditry to see that she was picked for reasons other than experience. Any of the other POTUS candidates from the right and even Lieberman would have been a better choice. None of them would have given the party the jolt that Palin has. In a country where likeability supercedes quality. Palin gave McCain the best chance to win. Palin wasn't picked because she was the best VP choice. She was picked because she is to the right what Obama is to the left. Short on experience and long on likeability. Obama is only there because America was down with the Clintons.
I am not voting for McCain. I am voting against Obama. Although, I live in New York so, it is usually pointless to vote if you are right of center.

Yup. :headbang:

The key difference, though, is still knowledge. Palin, who I believe is largely putting on act, tries so hard to be an "ah shucks Hockey Mom" and thinks that is useful in solving the world's problems. Sorry it ain't. Obama, who I lost interest in a long time ago, gives great speeches and is smart but was one of the weakest Democratic candidates in terms of his credentials. He appeals to youth, which is both good and bad.

I've given up voting against candidates. Horrified by Bush's incompetence, I voted Democrat for the first time in years in 04 (I overwhelmingly vote third party), I regret it not because I had anything against Kerry who was just a bland politician, but I just decided I am more interested in candidates (be it someone like Ron Paul or Ralph Nader) who are willing to speak the truth about the real problems we face in this country. Both Paul and Nader for example have long been complaining about the role of the Fed, how corporations are in bed with both parties, and the real lack of democratic choices we have.

Yup. :headbang:

The key difference, though, is still knowledge. Palin, who I believe is largely putting on act, tries so hard to be an "ah shucks Hockey Mom" and thinks that is useful in solving the world's problems. Sorry it ain't. Obama, who I lost interest in a long time ago, gives great speeches and is smart but was one of the weakest Democratic candidates in terms of his credentials. He appeals to youth, which is both good and bad.

I've given up voting against candidates. Horrified by Bush's incompetence, I voted Democrat for the first time in years in 04 (I overwhelmingly vote third party), I regret it not because I had anything against Kerry who was just a bland politician, but I just decided I am more interested in candidates (be it someone like Ron Paul or Ralph Nader) who are willing to speak the truth about the real problems we face in this country. Both Paul and Nader for example have long been complaining about the role of the Fed, how corporations are in bed with both parties, and the real lack of democratic choices we have.

in other words, when you step into that booth, you fart, then you go home.

OMG! That's exactly what I do! You are so smart! So ethical! So wise! So Moral! So Logical!

Seriously, you should try a meth habit or something. It might help your brain.

OMG! That's exactly what I do! You are so smart! So ethical! So wise! So Moral! So Logical!

Seriously, you should try a meth habit or something. It might help your brain.

yes. obviously, it's helped yours a great deal. o_O

Dear, sweet Sue! Never change, my love~

But that's what I intend to do... I have every intention of eating beans, drinking seltzer, stepping into the hallowed worshipful halls of voting, and BREAKIN WIND LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA! I'm gonna treat every 75-year-old volunteer in that place to my imitation of a Cigarette Boat on Lake Placid!

That's precisely what this election deserves. Anyway, it'd be mostly a stab in Barry Osama's direction: my entire town is one big fuckin Obama-Biden sign.

Jurched

I wish Ross Perot was running again, that guy was a trip. I miss Dana Carvey's impressions of him, and Phil Hartmann did an awesome job of poking fun at his running mate.

I wish Ross Perot was running again, that guy was a trip. I miss Dana Carvey's impressions of him, and Phil Hartmann did an awesome job of poking fun at his running mate.

i agree.
i loved that guy!
he had me when he bought editorial time on some network and slammed Bill Clinton. he had charts on placards, showed one that was the map of Arkansas. the next showed a pie chart of Arkansas industry, indicating that the biggest export from Arkansas was chickens. he then showed a placard with a picture of a chicken and proclaimed, 'BILL CLINTON WILL TURN US INTO A NATION OF CHICKEN PLUCKERS!'

i LOST IT!!!
then i went out and voted for the guy. :lol:

Oh, me too! Every time I think of 92, I remember that SNL sketch of Carvey's Ross Perot and Hartmann's Admiral Stockdale in the car. Perot's droning on and on about policy, while Stockdale's blurting out "I want an ice cream!" :lol:

It gave me a false impression of Stockdale, though. There was a case where a VP pick was simply not suited for politics, even though he was a genius in his field. I was watching an interview of him only a few years before his death, at least 10 years after SNL and others made him out to be a retard. He still had quite a sharp mind.

Jurched

Oh, me too! Every time I think of 92, I remember that SNL sketch of Carvey's Ross Perot and Hartmann's Admiral Stockdale in the car. Perot's droning on and on about policy, while Stockdale's blurting out "I want an ice cream!" :lol:

It gave me a false impression of Stockdale, though. There was a case where a VP pick was simply not suited for politics, even though he was a genius in his field. I was watching an interview of him only a few years before his death, at least 10 years after SNL and others made him out to be a retard. He still had quite a sharp mind.

Jurched

The skits were funny as hell. I liked when Perot (Carvey) told Stockdale to get out of the car and look for something (I forget what), then Perot hits the gas and speeds off. Perot was laughing, and said "I finally got rid of him", a minute later, Stockdale is running up and catches Perot. That had me rolling :lol:

I know Stockdale wasn't an idiot, the man went through a lot in the military.