School Smells

JonnyD said:
I Vot e so I can have the right to bitch ... I love those ppl that dont vote yet bitch about it all and then tell me I have no right to tell them they have no right to bitch ... just kinda pisses me off
You can tell me I have no right to bitch because I don't vote JD! I just wouldn't agree with you. :D I look at it this way: I could vote and bitch or I could not vote and bitch. By not voting I save a step and use my time more usefully!

What sucks is that I didn't get into REAL metal until I left high school and just a few months before I moved from California. So now when I hang out with my friends it goes something like this,

"Hey letz lissen to sum MEEtallicah"
-the next day-
"Hey letz listen to sum MEEtallicah"
-the next day-
"Hey letz...

You get the idea. They are still fun to hang out with and all but I can't take listening to metallica over and over and having to beg them to keep from playing Slipknot because "Joey Jordison is like, the fastest drummer I've ever seen!"

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
You can tell me I have no right to bitch because I don't vote JD! I just wouldn't agree with you. :D I look at it this way: I could vote and bitch or I could not vote and bitch. By not voting I save a step and use my time more usefully!

I'm not lecturing you TSO or bitching about the bitching right. But I'll let go my point of view regarding voting.

Lots of country are no democracies (many of them oil/military allies of US). The common citizen, the people have NO RIGHT to vote for a candidate of their preference, to be heard or to be supported by a congresspeople.

Since both in US and CR we can vote and is free to do, I choose to do it (even if I vote BLANK to show my protest with the corrupt political establishment). I DO vote, because so many cannot do it worldwide, the less I can do for the privilege of my freedom is voting as an act. :cool:

Well, I admire your dedication, Wyvern. I'm not nearly so dedicated. I'm not going to make a trip down to the nearest grade school, stand in line for an hour (or more), just for the priviledge of voting BLANK. That just seems like such a waste of time to me.

The politicians are always complaining about voter turnout. "Only 50% of the people even turn out to vote!" Well, there is the message right there. It's written in big red fucking letters on the wall. People don't turn out to vote because they are discouraged with the system and don't feel there is a candidate worth voting for. Maybe if they re-vamped the system to something more logical and more easily understood, more people would take the time to vote.

But hey, I say more power to you and JD. It's good that some of us discouraged citizens are still willing to take the time to voice their opinions. I admire you for that. But not so much that I feel obligated to do the same. I don't feel I have to vote because I live in a free country. Rather, I feel I have the right NOT to vote because I live in a free country. I guess I'm still just a rebel, even at 40 years old!

blehhhhh im in school again, and this fag is playing some rap shit on the computer next to me :yuk: before, i used to wish that i was old enough to vote, but i doubt i will, because i dont believe that any of the candidates are ever good. but yeah, im gonna get to class before im late, peace out :wave:

i was listening to my customized launchcast station (its alright, but plays too much death metal for my taste) and Kiss was on, so i just drowned the rap out, lol he got pissed :tickled:

Winner said:
If I gave half a shit and voted, I would have voted for bush just to say fuck you to all the left brain shit heads who have no touch with reality :D
Vote next time then. I wish the liberals would articulate their thoughts better & at least have evidence to back their weak arguements. Unfortunately, most get defensive & take off running with their tail between their legs.
I had a supervisor that was an ex-hippie from Texas & she didn't "like" Bush, when he first got elected. I asked her "why?" She replied "because he's stupid!"
She kept on rambling about that. Keep in mind that this is an "educated" person with 6 years of schooling & a masters degree, and all she can say is that "he's stupid?!" Jesus Christ "WE" will be paying the social security for these mellon heads in next 15-17 years!!!!

sixxswine said:
Vote next time then. I wish the liberals would articulate their thoughts better & at least have evidence to back their weak arguements. Unfortunately, most get defensive & take off running with their tail between their legs.
I had a supervisor that was an ex-hippie from Texas & she didn't "like" Bush, when he first got elected. I asked her "why?" She replied "because he's stupid!"
She kept on rambling about that. Keep in mind that this is an "educated" person with 6 years of schooling & a masters degree, and all she can say is that "he's stupid?!" Jesus Christ "WE" will be paying the social security for these mellon heads in next 15-17 years!!!!

Actually, he IS stupid. But, I can say a shit load more than that.
1) He's a warmongering hypocrite.
2) He lies so he can get people killed.
3) His social stances are counterpoint to mine.
4) His,so-called plain speaking, "America is the freest country in the world so we can do whatever the fuck we want," bullshit attitude pisses me off.
5) His idea of leadership involves only one thing, what HE wants.

Thrax

Those are hardly reasoned arguments Sixx was asking for. Sixx was not asking for these claims that you are making without backing them up. If you don't know the difference between an argument and a claim look it up.

If can you back up your claims, than please do. Now you are proving the point Sixx was making.

Btw, I am going to keep a very sharp eye on this tread! I want to see some honest and rational arguments, not people shouting arbitrary claims to each other. If you make a claim be prepared to back it up!

So I will not be looking at what you are saying, up to a certain point of course, but *how* you are saying it. And I don't care if you are pro or anti-Bush.

Hawk
UMOS Moderator

I actually dont understand people that get really worked up about politics. Apparently their life is so fucking easy that they have nothing better to do.

It just seems to me that people need to think more for themselves and stand up for what they believe. Not because its the cool thing or the anti-establishment thing, but because they care. I honestly dont care. Fuck, if you get some rich asshole who has never worked a day in his life making policies I dont like, regardless of what "political party" they belong to, its easy, just dont fucking follow it.

Start questioning shit and dont let small cocked shit bags who think they are important push you around. You have a short time on this earth, try to enjoy it.

As a final note, I think most liberals fail to realize that you need someone aggressive and strong willed in a position of leadership, otherwise you get walked on. I think if even half of the people stateside knew what it was like to live virtually anywhere else on earth they would stop spouting their fuckin hippy ass "lets all get along" shit. It may sound nice, but reality does not play nice.

Personally, I think a lot of the problems with politics today is that Americans are to sheltered from reality and really dont know how well they have it and just how rich they actually are.

Fuck goverment, live for yourself.

First off I'm a casual poster here and not really a regular...I hope this doesn't pose a problem regarding the post I'm about to make, So I might as well tell you now that this isn't a post looking for trouble but rather questioning your post below..So here we go....

Why do you care about how things are said in this post and want to "keep a very sharp eye on this thread" What do you care?? I mean you're the
Moderator not the Censor..Right?? As long as people aren't threatening or really, REALLY harrassing each other (And lets face it that's not the M.O. of this board) You really shouldn't be involved at all....Right??

I'm sorry man but it just seems to me like a total power trip to post the type of response you did...I mean hell, I voted Bush, And am a crazy Conservative, Christian, 2nd Amendment Loving supporter of the "Warmonger" And don't agree with a single thing that Thrax said (To be honest he sounded retarded)
but if that's how he feels than so be it...He really doesn't have to justify his comments to you or anyone else on the board..Does he?? He didn't threaten, harrass or even swear at anyone...But rather just sounded a little soft.

Again man, not looking to make even an ounce of trouble here...I really like the vibe of this board and how people do things here...But your post comes off like an 8th grade hall monitor telling kids to stop running in the halls.

Do me a favor and don't take this post personally...It's just an outsider observation to your post..

Hawk said:
Thrax

Those are hardly reasoned arguments Sixx was asking for. Sixx was not asking for these claims that you are making without backing them up. If you don't know the difference between an argument and a claim look it up.

If can you back up your claims, than please do. Now you are proving the point Sixx was making.

Btw, I am going to keep a very sharp eye on this tread! I want to see some honest and rational arguments, not people shouting arbitrary claims to each other. If you make a claim be prepared to back it up!

So I will not be looking at what you are saying, up to a certain point of course, but *how* you are saying it. And I don't care if you are pro or anti-Bush.

Hawk
UMOS Moderator

Hawk said:
Thrax

Hawk
UMOS Moderator

I going to give a little grain of salt to this whole thing. In a dead forum I use to attend we had a no politics rule. As anti-democratic as may sound was designed to avoid threads on a delicate issue that 99.9% of the time will lead to confrontation. And it worked damn well.

Actually I am shocked. We have a political and a religious discussion going on here at UMOS and neither have self-destructed (yet) like most threads of these topics do. I guess that just goes to show what a unique gathering of people there are here at UMOS. All kinds of different viewpoints and nobody really got snotty or overly rude. I enjoyed them immensely, but I almost click on them with a grimace on my face lately. I'm just sure someone's gonna say something to set someone else off...and it will ruin the whole thread.

It's cool we all get along. Actually Im on a finnish black metal forum site and they
have a lot stricter rules than UMOS. I mean they deleted playlists and the mods want
you to explain why you like/dislike on that paritcular band or the cd of that band and
plus when you review a movie you have to put a Spoiler Alert warning if you give away
too much of the film or your post gets deleted. Hell there first rule is "Our forum is
not a democratic one!" ppl in Europe have different views and rules when it comes
to mannerisms and the way you talk to each other I know I was stationed in Germany
for a couple of years!

well.....we definaltey got off the topic here, but there's still more stories to tell! Hawk, you havent told us what your experience was like! i know theres more people who havent shared.....so lets get to it!

I wont let this thread die o_O

Ok As the rest of you I hated school with a passion. I have grown up in a very bad neighborhood and I did not get the chance to learn much of the school there. Later at high school most of the people in my class were already criminals. They would beat up the teachers and the school did nothing about it. After two years in hell I decided enough was enough. I stayed home and started to work.

After a few years I discovered it was great learning about the topics you can choose without someone telling you what you should do or how you should do it. I started to read everything I could get my hands on. Then after 15 years a friend told me that I should try and study history to be a history teacher. I pointed out to him that I did not have the qualifications to be admitted to college. Then I learned that if you could show you could cope with the educational level you would be admitted.

Well, to make a long story short, I was admitted and got myself a BA in history. But I never forget what it was like to hate school and the teachers that try to boss you around!

Hawk said:
Ok As the rest of you I hated school with a passion. I have grown up in a very bad neighborhood and I did not get the chance to learn much of the school there. Later at high school most of the people in my class were already criminals. They would beat up the teachers and the school did nothing about it. After two years in hell I decided enough was enough. I stayed home and started to work.

After a few years I discovered it was great learning about the topics you can choose without someone telling you what you should do or how you should do it. I started to read everything I could get my hands on. Then after 15 years a friend told me that I should try and study history to be a history teacher. I pointed out to him that I did not have the qualifications to be admitted to college. Then I learned that if you could show you could cope with the educational level you would be admitted.

Well, to make a long story short, I was admitted and got myself a BA in history. But I never forget what it was like to hate school and the teachers that try to boss you around!

truly an inspirational story, thanks for sharing :wave: