Secret of Mana

Dick Sirloin

please... stay safe
Jan 6, 2004
So my roommate lent me this, having never played it myself, and says it's one of the best games ever for SNES. I only played 10 mins the other night, seemed pretty cool as a storyline, and I can already tell that it's going to be pretty complex. I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm not a big video-gamer, but I have a soft spot for the old classics... So, anyone who's played it: what about it makes it one of the best of all time?

There's no way it can be better than Zelda.

best game ever. zelda III is the second best. try playing it 2 player or 3 if you can, it makes it even more fun. if you require assistance, ask me; i've finished that game probably around 10 times by now and know the whole thing by heart pretty much.

<3 secret of mana

man i used to play that one area with the 4 seasons in that forest, running a loop around killing those damn bunnies, because I had to level everything up to the max.....

I would sit home on my summers off from school and do that from morning to night

Dammit, I was planning on playing this after I got back from my friends' place, but I got on here instead... Why did I start posting on forums again?!!?

You're just trying to keep me here for your sado-erotic fascination! Well it's not going to work!

Whatever happened to him, anyway? Did he finally get clothes-lined off one of those double-decker buses or what?

Doomcifer said:
Fuckin' A. No wonder kids have no imagination anymore. :loco:
if thats why kids have no imagination, no wonder I seem like an Imaginary Genius (wrong word made a funny, haha)... seriously, my imagination is like hardcore compared to everyone I know in person.

Then again, never owned a console nor a portable gaming system. Always used music, books or my *gasp* imagination, to entertain myself. Mostly the latter.

i think im like half way through this game or something. i have way too many emulated games and never finish any of em.

while we're here: Chrono Trigger (or Cross? whichever one's the old SNES one) rules.

Chromatose said:
any game where you have to kill an evil santa is great in my book
haha

secret of mana has perfect atmosphere and a great story. i only went through it once, like 10 years ago, but i can still remember a lot of different areas of the game because i played it so damn often. never played any of the other games in the series.