Seem's we have about 1000 Puma's in Australia

Seuss%20giant%20cat.jpg

Whoa now that's a big cat ^^^^

I used to live up near Ballan off the Western Highway back around '89-'90 and twice I saw huge cats crossing the road. The first time was broad daylight, this massive feral cat sprinted across the freeway chasing a bird it had winged. It was the size of a medium dog at least and it was pale beige, almost white. My Dad and I both saw it as it ran out 50m or so in front of the car.

The second time I saw a huge black cat cross the road about 20m ahead of my car, but this was just at dusk so it was hard to make out details. It was definitely big, black and undoubtedly feline - could have been a panther, but more likely a really big black feral cat I guess. It was about the size of a puma though, it was that big. I even stopped the car to try and catch another glimpse of it, but it went to ground in some tall grass off to the side of the road and was impossible to spot again considering it was almost dark. I might add I didn't actually get out of the car!

An update dudes..

Yesterday afternoon while driving through Beech Forest towards Apollo Bay on a secluded dirt track, a large black cat ran across the road approx 10mtrs in front of the car.
The cat was about twice the size of an ordinary cat (so not really that big), but really bulky with a sleek jet-black coat. What stood out the most to me was the fact that the tail was really quite long and as thick as my arm!

I'm not saying it was anything more than a cat, but they are out there! Big, black and feral - a new breed perhaps?

Koich,
not a bad point. Our locl feral cat "controller" has had feral cat carcasses weigh 14Kg, while still being an athletic, lean animal.

Cross breed enough pig dogs (or other largeish domesticated breeds), and they'll throw back to wolves.

I'm pretty sure I spotted at least 1,000 cougars at Sydney Football Stadium alone when Bon Jovi were playing. I see no reason to discount Terry's claim as infeasible.