Seriously ... what the fuck is djent?!?

.....follow my steps

1)you need to tune ur guitar atleast to g#.....or just (a) which is more preferable

2)dont feel sad if u own a 6 stringer.......... people will tell you how you need to buy a ****ing 8 stringer or a 7 stringer.....dont listen to those bastards unless your very rich....

3)you need to get ur hands on pod farm or revalver mk-3,they are amazing,no matter what tone you want.

4)if u wish to go through a simpler way,go to www.sevenstring.org and download periphery's patch for pod farm.

5) improve on your playing technique,coz djent picking brings most of the sound you wish to have .

best of luck

6)get a thicker gauge for strings, (.13) will do it

and yeah check out my band if u like djent bands.....

www.myspace.com/inexileindia

green12-zombie-hand-0409-10162228.jpg

Hey, that can explain some of my writer's block I've had recently... :)

Ever since I tuned down and adjusted my g33tar to A#, I've been able to make a couple songs and that's it. I feel very limited somehow, and I'm running in circles and not many riffs that spawn in my head sound good when I actually play them on the guitar.

However... I look at this as a challenge, I will not give up on this tuning just yet, I'm aiming to use and abuse it and make a whole bunch of songs and THEN I can move on :)

Oh btw dan weapon, admit it, you play in C because it's extremely fun to play along to Devin's stuff, amirite? ;) It's been a while since I did that... I miss it!

I play in C too, because it's a good compromise for a lot of things. Also, D dropped C is a cool tuning because you can play a lot of stuff, higher or lower, and still sound good.

I've loved to chill in CGCGCE like devin, it's a fun tuning, but quite weird. I quite compose stupidly in this tuning, but I love to use its "open" abilities, using the drone of the G or C notes to fill the space around some 3 string chords.

i described Djent as follows....

other rock/metal guitars go dun dun dun or chug chug chug...
Djent goes jih-jih-jih-gent gentgentgent meedlymeedly wahah wahnah

the guitar makes a "gent" sound instead of dun or chug due to it being overly processed or compressed etc

also i like to think of it as the fast food of metal...
fast food to some ppl = over processed and bad
fast food to me = delicious

Djent to some ppl = over processed tones and bad
Djent to me = delicious
:wave:

Periphery, Fellsilent, The Nocturnal, Chimp Spanner and of course the shugg and bulb

and this whole time I thought djent refered to the odd timing of the bands music not their tone.

seems weird to me that a genre spawned from a guitar tone and not the music.

and this whole time I thought djent refered to the odd timing of the bands music not their tone.

seems weird to me that a genre spawned from a guitar tone and not the music.

doesn't seem that weird to me...think about what sets apart different styles/subgenres of rap or electronic music - it's usually just a different sound in the kick, keys/synth, etc.

or imagine johnny cash recording "ring of fire" to some distorted-ass guitars...shit would be shifting gears from country to hard-rock/metal with no change in the composition of the song

doesn't seem that weird to me...think about what sets apart different styles/subgenres of rap or electronic music - it's usually just a different sound in the kick, keys/synth, etc.

or imagine johnny cash recording "ring of fire" to some distorted-ass guitars...shit would be shifting gears from country to hard-rock/metal with no change in the composition of the song

I respectfully disagree

My fav dance artists are Justice and Shpongle. If you switched the sound sets of those two bands Shpongle wouldn't turn into a dirty disco dance group and Justice wouldn't turn into a psy trance group.

Haha I love Sybreed's guitar tone on Antares. It doesn't sound like a guitar at some times, and I absolutely love that. Why does every band go for that authentic tube amp sound? I think it's so much fun when I hear something that is completely out of the ordinary... but of course, it still has to sound good, so it's hard to do anything wild really. When a 14 year old kid slams his Metal Zone infront of his 15 Watt Peavey, it doesn't sound good. But when these guys like Sybreed do... whatever they do, it sounds awesome haha.

I'd love to know more about Sybreed's tone, if anyone knows anything about it.

(btw, didn't mean to imply that tube amps are boring, it's just that I happen to love stuff that are a bit wild and out of the ordinary, ESPECIALLY if it's a tube amp that is going ape shit! :D)

1. Sybreed rule. One of my favorite bands around these days. I love their overall sound as well, and agree that traditional amp/cab does not always equal better. In this case, not only is it fitting and cool for the music (granted, I may be a bit biased as my band rolls with the "cybermetal" kinda approach as well) but it stands out from the egads of generic metal guitar sounds out there. :D

2. Straight from Drop's mouth (er, keyboard, really):

"Slave Design is only 4 layers recorded with a Line 6 POD Pro (the really 1st one).

Antares had 4 layers of the same POD and 2 more layers of the plug-in Amplitube (also the good old one).

3rd album: 4 layers of POD, and this time I recorded DI-tracks together and put them in Amplitube."

Yup, the OLD POD 1.0 --> computer, keep in mind the that version of the Recto sim is in the X3 stuff due to popular request for it. You're welcome. :dopey: I've also got the the stems for 'Doomsday Party' from the remix contest, and like a good amount of bands with huge guitar tones, the bass sound is really doing a good amount of the work. Gutsy stuff.