set times

blackeyed

original rude boy
Nov 7, 2003
england
www.faceparty.co.uk
some of this is in the present tense and some of it is in the past...it did happen in the past, i just started reliving it thats all

I'm sick to death of bands doing club nights.

Went to see a band called Moving Units, discopunk sorta stuff, and they are only on their first release so they are largely unknown - so they dont get a proper gig in the UK they get a shitty, 'Some Crap Music Night At Some Crapper Venue Presents: Moving Units'

So they are only coming on at 11pm because the club night doesnt finish till 2am and they only have one dj to finish, but Lo and Behold, the last train outa Manchester to Liverpool Limestreet is at 11.17pm, its going to take us 17mins to get to Piccadilly Station from the Roadhouse.

Plus I forgot my ticket and had to pay an extra 7 quid.

Anyway got a tshirt an ep and a badge for a band i STILL havent seen live. I feel so cheap.

it sucks indeed, been there too, my sympathy claire

what about moving to a big bad city yourself?

aah that's always hatefull , i had the same once with Tom Helsen, but he started earlier for me :D and he played my faverite songs first so i could listen to them.. (but only just three songs :( bloody trains! )
btw check him out on www.tomhelsen.be

and i had the same with Mogwai once but i said fuck off and stayed cause it was an amazing gig.. then i had to sleep in the trainstation.. and i can assure you .. you don't wanne do that in Brussels, never again... :ill:

marginalé said:
aah that's always hatefull , i had the same once with Tom Helsen, but he started earlier for me :D and he played my faverite songs first so i could listen to them.. (but only just three songs :( bloody trains! )
btw check him out on www.tomhelsen.be

and i had the same with Mogwai once but i said fuck off and stayed cause it was an amazing gig.. then i had to sleep in the trainstation.. and i can assure you .. you don't wanne do that in Brussels, never again... :ill:

:lol: i've slept in stations before but I just didn't fancy it this time round, it's started to get really cold over here lately.

cheers for the link too ;)

yeah it's to cold for trainstations at this time of the year, i did it a few times before, but most times i find a place to sleep or another way back home

you like singer songwriters btw? or that style of music?

yeah dashbourd confessional are great..

my turn again..

check out 'Mono' on www.mono-44.com

it's a bit like mogwai but waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better in my oppinion.. and a bit less hard
when you open the site, there is this guitar playing, well that piece of music is my faverite.. i can listen to it for hours :worship:

WOW how fucking cool is that website!!!!!!!! nice one Dries, you can be my new best friend :D :Spin:
the onnly shit thing is that all the music is is 40sec samples :( so sneeky bastards such as myself cant avoid purchasing :(

hang on......................right have listened to ALL of the samples.......dead impressed like

i've started listening to this sorta stuff alot more, Isis' more recent stuff, been listening to Sigur Ros for ages and Cult of Luna's latest album too!

Thanks a lot for that link Dries, think I might buy 'Walking Cloud...' although i like 'One Step More..' too from what i heard of the samples.

blackeyed said:
ah bollocks missed the tour too.

and you can only get the tshirts from the gigs.

i'm a serious tshirt whore these days
they are comming back in the beginning of next year so keep an eye on the site :)

i'll be there for sure.. no mather where they play..
i saw them at the Pukkelpop festival this year and it was just AWSOME :headbang: :worship: best gig of the summer :headbang: (or at least in my top 5 )

yeah i was only so disappointed because they played in liverpool - right under my nose!!!!

Mono have got me finding some really decent Japanese bands too, so thanks again, i love it when you discover bands spontaneously. :D