Share your Steven Slate drumkits here...

Anybody have any Arch Enemy sounding kits they wanna share? I'd kill for that...so much power behind the drums.... /drool

Sneap put up a kick and a snare of his, they both have that sound.
I think they where Chimaera snare and kick, but I dont remember exactly.
Just look through the "Drum samples for metal" thread or how that shit is called.

awesome! found it, thanks! I am playing my electronic drums through Steven Slate drums...is there a way to add these .wav files inside of Steven Slate Drums so i can play with them? I know about drumagog, but I was just wondering if you can do this inside of SSD

Anybody have any Arch Enemy sounding kits they wanna share? I'd kill for that...so much power behind the drums.... /drool

Sneap put up a kick and a snare of his, they both have that sound.
I think they where Chimaera snare and kick, but I dont remember exactly.
Just look through the "Drum samples for metal" thread or how that shit is called.
Don't look through the "DRUM SAMPLES META!!!" thread. Pretty much all the links are down.

Erkan's big sample pack should have them.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/529782-sharing-my-collection-drum-samples-here.html

You have to download all the parts unfortunately. But, it's worth it!

honestly, i randomly pick snare in trigger, layer them, pitch them, adjust volumes etc until I'm happy.

...aaaaaaaand then that usually goes to an instance of aptrigga where i'm blending 4 or 5 one shot snare samples (stack mode) and blending that in like 30-50%.

actually, same thing w/kicks.

I actually tried Snare1z with a tiny bit of Snare1ssdr on the latest project im on.... I put a little 4:1 compression on it and some mild parallel comp, and then cranked the shit outta Gclip on it (8.5 gain).
Sounded very good!

I usually do a mix of Kick10, kick black, and or pantera. Kick 15 is decent. And Kick5 and 17 are okay.

Hate the tom selection, Quik Toms are about the only mildly usable thing for me....I hope Slate will add a better selection in an update.

...then that usually goes to an instance of aptrigga where i'm blending 4 or 5 one shot snare samples (stack mode) and blending that in like 30-50%.

actually, same thing w/kicks.

Interesting, must try this out sometime.

Tommy Lee snare almost for everything
Kicks really depends on...but Kick2 and 5 are very often used here...
:devil:

I'm actually a big fan of the Dreamkick with a tiny bit of post eq to bring out the click a bit, and scoop a tad of the middy "boxy sound".

I use snare 11 a lot, and blend it with a lot of different snares, depending on what the drummer prefers, and what kind of snare he has and how he has it tuned so it matches the tone of the snare in the room mic and overheads better.

I've also recently started blending a lot more with original snare tracks and using the original track to pick up a lot of the ghost notes and quieter stuff, then letting 1 or 2 other snares kick in for harder stuff.

quik toms are normally my go to, but I haven't experimented a lot with the others...

Since Slate now has TRIGGER to use for sound replacement, if I bought SSD Platinum would I be able to use the raw wavs with ApTrigga2 still?

Or do I have to buy TRIGGER?

Hi,

Just bought the SSD as well. So far I'm very happy with it. I really like the kicks and snares. Toms are okay, but as some mentioned before already, could be a bit better though. For the cymbals I still use my BFD2:)

There is one problem though I was wondering if any of you encountered this as well. When layering 2 bassdrums of often hear them flamming/out of phase, especially when I switch of the OH's on the samples. The routing is as simple as it could be, they both go to the same bus into PT, so this shouldn't be the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards, Ad

I think my question got ignored as this new page was created...

I was wondering, if I bought SSD EX or Platinum what exactly comes with it?
I know it's a whole software VSTi but does it come with .wav files I could use to sample in ApTrigga2?

yeah you get wavs of snares, toms and kicks

also you get .gog files and slate kontakt player with samples
Thanks!
Also, this is probably a really dumb question, but they're single sample wavs right? As in I don't have to slice them to use in something like Aptrigga2?

Can anyone confirm that you get the seperate .wav files with Platinum?
I'm hearing so many different answers from a lot of people and don't know who to believe.