Should we expect an announcement this week?

I think it's fairly safe to say at this point that the "blow the roof off" act previously referred to has likely fallen through. I would surmise that the "If you're not into bands cut from the same techy cloth as Martyr, then I'm guessing you won't be too excited about who we're getting as the final band....Don't like it? Tough...shit happens!!" comments are indicative of Plan B in motion.

Jason

No, that just means that the pool of bands we have would fit that description...one of which would still help really put us on the map. However, Plan B is ready & waiting in case Plan A falls through...which will still be a killer lineup. :kickass:

I disagree..."techy/technical" is a LOT less vague, than progressive.

Guess it's just a matter of opinion.
I mean, some here think Nuclear Assualt and Exodus are technical.
If those bands are technical, than practically EVERY 80's thrash band should be defined as technical.
(Though tough critics would say that there were truly few technical thrash bands, such as Coroner, VoiVod, etc...)

Tis all a matter of opinion. Doesn't matter much to me.
Just the point being that when someone states a band is progressive or technical, it isn't always so clear...

Guess it's just a matter of opinion.
I mean, some here think Nuclear Assualt and Exodus are technical.
If those bands are technical, than practically EVERY 80's thrash band should be defined as technical.
(Though tough critics would say that there were truly few technical thrash bands, such as Coroner, VoiVod, etc...)

Tis all a matter of opinion. Doesn't matter much to me.
Just the point being that when someone states a band is progressive or technical, it isn't always so clear...

Ah...I guess I know what you mean. NA & Exodus definitely have some technical parts, but I guess what I meant is that the majority of the music by "techy" bands is technical...not just sporadic parts.

Also, someone who listens to pop rock might think Metallica is a techy band. I guess I was just assuming everyone here was on the same page...I understand your point now.

Although, I thought I was being clear when I said that the bands being considered are all basically cut from the same cloth as Martyr...and that's NOT to say that they all sound similar to Martyr either. :p

Oh, I'm also forgetting Cryptopsy, who are also from that 'Canadian (Or Quebec) Technical Death' scene.

All 3 (Martyr, Quo Vadis, and Cryptopsy) have 2 common parts which I can tell from this point:

A) All 'Tech' death metal from Quebec.
B) Daniel Mongrain is or was a member of all 3.

No, that just means that the pool of bands we have would fit that description...one of which would still help really put us on the map. However, Plan B is ready & waiting in case Plan A falls through...which will still be a killer lineup. :kickass:

So you're saying that Plan A.1 didn't work, but in the event that Plan A.3 doesn't pan out, then Plan A.2.c will take preference over Plan B.1 even though Plan A.3.iv might be more available than Plan A.2. But if Plan A.3.a comes through, then you'll cancel Plan B.1.b and rearrange the order of Plan A.2.b and Plan B.0.a? Because if that's what you're saying, then it's just silly and I can't understand it anymore.

Ken

I guess I am unfamiliar with this "tech metal" genre.
Are any of the bands mentioned above "headliner" worthy?
I seriously don't mean any disrespect to these bands.
I simply am unaware of their appeal or popularity, which is why I ask.....

So you're saying that Plan A.1 didn't work, but in the event that Plan A.3 doesn't pan out, then Plan A.2.c will take preference over Plan B.1 even though Plan A.3.iv might be more available than Plan A.2. But if Plan A.3.a comes through, then you'll cancel Plan B.1.b and rearrange the order of Plan A.2.b and Plan B.0.a? Because if that's what you're saying, then it's just silly and I can't understand it anymore.

Ken

Sheesh... what are you? A Mathematics professor?

Quo Vadis - Headliner, would draw a crowd.

Cryptopsy - Not so sure. I'd watch them, thats for sure.

Right now I'm pretty determined on hitting the fest for Solitude Aeturnus and Novembers Doom... A nice headliner would be the icing on the cake (I want some cake), so to say.

Here's the funny thing about Quo Vadis: they're not tech. Not remotely. They just get associated with tech death because of their proximity to Martyr. They're just melodic death. Very good melodic death, but not technical.

Ken

Ken, you've officially reinstated that "brain ache" I had. :zombie:

Here's the funny thing about Quo Vadis: they're not tech. Not remotely. They just get associated with tech death because of their proximity to Martyr. They're just melodic death. Very good melodic death, but not technical.

I'd beg to differ, to an extent. I think Day Into Night was a more technical album (Hunter/Killer for instance), where as yes, Forever and Defiant Imagination are more melodic, but still have a technical side to them.