Should we expect an announcement this week?

I honestly am not into those genres that much so I really have no clue. Maybe Entombed (I think they have a new record coming out), maybe I could do a show (the guys from Immortal's solo thing) that would be really cool and do some Immortal stuff too. Maybe Opeth playing Black Rose Immortal and then leaving. lol

I think the ticket prices for Powerfest would have to be astronomical to get someone like Heaven & Hell. Rob and Chris have talked like the ticket prices will be lower this year than last year. I think it was like 60 bucks for two nights last year.

Britt

Yeah, that was my initial thought too when reading the Heaven & Hell comment. I do agree they would fit well, though keep in mind Rob indicated no more doom. Granted, Dio era Sabbath is more trad metal than doom, but still. Also, ticket prices would be astronomical, esp if the max capacity is only 2000.

Hmmm....

From Blabbermouth:

HEAVEN AND HELL To Play Additional U.S. Dates This Spring - Feb. 19, 2007
HEAVEN AND HELL drummer Vinny Appice has reportedly been telling the press in recent interviews that the band will be touring the U.S. sooner (around April-May) than the late summer plans (August) the band had originally announced. This has now been officially confirmed in a posting on HEAVEN AND HELL bassist Geezer Butler's official web site, which also reveals that rehearsals for the tour began today (Monday, February 19) in Los Angeles.

HEAVEN AND HELL's only confirmed U.S. concert this spring is currently scheduled for March 30 at the Radio City Music Hall (capacity: 6,000) in New York City. Tickets for that show officially sold out approximately 45 minutes after tickets went on sale on January 26.

HEAVEN AND HELL will kick off a world tour with 11 Canadian dates beginning March 11 in Vancouver, British Columbia, and wrapping up March 28 in Ottawa, with opening acts MEGADETH and DOWN. Additional U.S. dates will come later in the year.

The shows are expected to only feature material from Dio's era with BLACK SABBATH, including three new songs that were recorded for the upcoming anthology "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years" that's due April 3.

HEAVEN AND HELL is also planning to hit Europe, Asia and Australia, and the band expects to be on the road until the end of the year.

Thanks guys! After the extremely hectic day I've had today, I very much enjoyed reading this thread.:)

I can really tell that you guys are just as anxious about getting the headliner confirmed as we are. ;) Going nuts...:loco: o_O :loco:

Time to fix myself a drink & chill out...we'll talk again tomorrow. :kickass:

Just a reminder about the Pearl Room: while the total capacity may be somewhere around 2000, only a fraction of that (500? Maybe a little more?) would be able to see the stage.

And even if it was a "true" 2000, they aren't getting Heaven & Hell! I don't imagine the members of that band are out of contact with their agent.

And even if that hint hadn't been given, they still wouldn't be getting Heaven & Hell!

Neil

Just a reminder about the Pearl Room: while the total capacity may be somewhere around 2000, only a fraction of that (500? Maybe a little more?) would be able to see the stage.

If I remember reading correctly - Rob stated the capacity was 2000, but that the number (assuming everything went as planned and the show was in great demand) would be kept to around 1500.

skyrefuge said:
And even if it was a "true" 2000, they aren't getting Heaven & Hell! I don't imagine the members of that band are out of contact with their agent.

And even if that hint hadn't been given, they still wouldn't be getting Heaven & Hell!!

Ah, who else but the immortal Jon Schaffer taught me to "stand alone".

Still, you're probably right, just like everyone else - but name another band that fits all the said criteria that would be far less high profile? Candlemass with their new singer perhaps? Ah, but Rob stated no more pure "doom" bands. Name some bands you damn guru you.

Jason

Candlemass is about the size of band I would expect for the headliner, and seeing that their new singer will be performing on Friday night it could be possible for him to pull double duty. Still though, Rob kind of ruled out Doom bands a while back.

Britt

Sure, sure.. I mention CANDLEMASS and Rob reads ME the riot act!!!!
You guys do it, and get away with it... :lol:

(IE - I had been on Rob like flies to shit about getting Candlemass)

Candlemass isn't a huge draw. First off, they no longer have Messiah. Second, as part of a much stronger line-up (Nevermore, Trouble, Evergrey, Falconer, etc.) at BW & BW and with Messiah, only 900 tickets sold in totality. Plus, how many people that are huge into Candlemass, aren't already interested in a show that already features Solitude Aeturnus and Saturnus?

Zod

Now Wintersun would be a great pick....they are gaining lots of momentum in the states....lots of the kids are talking about them. I thought I saw them on the cover of some teen magazine....they coul dbe the next Backstreet Boys...may want to get them Rob before the break huge.

They would be an excellent pick... I have it on good authority, that the number of Wintersun fans in the greater Chicago area recently cracked double digits.

Zod
That's probably true .. haha. It's proving hard to pick a headliner that really fits. I'm having a hard time thinking of any bands that have an exclusivity factor, and can really draw well.

Britt

The best local metal band to ever grace Chicago would sell out the place instantly. Crucial Taunt. Props to whoever knows who I'm talking about :)