Should we expect an announcement this week?

That's probably true .. haha. It's proving hard to pick a headliner that really fits. I'm having a hard time thinking of any bands that have an exclusivity factor, and can really draw well.

Britt

I totally agree. Knowing that budget, time frame and who is available is going to be a HUGE factor in this...I am totally out of ideas who is being asked. I am hoping for someone to help draw the people in. I am really looking forward to next years show with Elvenking.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are ELVENKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!"
(crickets, hand clap by Bob, followed by more crickets) :lol:
I kid I kid.

Seriously though, the fest is 2 months away.
Keep in mind there are THOUSANDS of potential fans who don't even know about this festival yet. Not everyone who attends shows are on these boards 20 times a day looking for updates.

Bah! It was light humor I guess. I was doing a search on major Chicago metal bands and that came up.

Having grown up in a Chicago suburb I had never heard of any local metal bands. I guess I wasn't in the scene... but still... so I was searching.

I totally agree. Knowing that budget, time frame and who is available is going to be a HUGE factor in this...I am totally out of ideas who is being asked. I am hoping for someone to help draw the people in. I am really looking forward to next years show with Elvenking.
Ladies and Gentlemen .. for the 3rd consecutive year we present your headliner .... Morgana Lefay !!

Britt

Bah! It was light humor I guess. I was doing a search on major Chicago metal bands and that came up.

Having grown up in a Chicago suburb I had never heard of any local metal bands. I guess I wasn't in the scene... but still... so I was searching.
If you would have said Radakka I would have got a little bit excited. I liked two of their discs quite a bit, and never did get to see them live. Still though, they are far from a headliner.

Britt

If you would have said Radakka I would have got a little bit excited. I liked two of their discs quite a bit, and never did get to see them live. Still though, they are far from a headliner.

Britt

Ah-ha! Another Radakka fan - they are by far my favorite band to ever pop up from the area. Jon Dobbs and Dean Maltese have set up shop in Slick for the past few years - goovy, slower, but still just as melodic as Radakka was. A few tunes from the first album are tossed in their set.

Check em out at www.slickband.com. Unfortunately I don''t think there are any sound samples available on the net. Great live band.

Michael Posch and Randy Jostes are in a Dio-era Sabbath tribute band called Heaven and Hell that plays around the area as well. Haven't had a chance to see them yet, but everything I've read has mentioned that they're pretty damn good.

Ah-ha! Another Radakka fan - they are by far my favorite band to ever pop up from the area. Jon Dobbs and Dean Maltese have set up shop in Slick for the past few years - goovy, slower, but still just as melodic as Radakka was. A few tunes from the first album are tossed in their set.

Check em out at www.slickband.com. Unfortunately I don''t think there are any sound samples available on the net. Great live band.

Michael Posch and Randy Jostes are in a Dio-era Sabbath tribute band called Heaven and Hell that plays around the area as well. Haven't had a chance to see them yet, but everything I've read has mentioned that they're pretty damn good.
Thanks for the info ... I'd really lost all track of things Radakka. It's actually been quite some time since I've listened to them. Malice and Tranquility was exceptional, and Requiem For The Innocent was also quite good. It's been 12 years since M&T was released. I need to fire those onto the Ipod this evening. I'll check into Slick .. sounds interesting.

Britt

Arrrrrgghh!!!! IWho in the world could it realistically be???? Stryper covering all old Gorgoroth tunes? A full blown Nelson reunion complete with pink backdrop? A brand new Motorhead side project called "Lemmy and the Warthouse Five"?

Arrrrrgghh!!!! IWho in the world could it realistically be???? Stryper covering all old Gorgoroth tunes? A full blown Nelson reunion complete with pink backdrop? A brand new Motorhead side project called "Lemmy and the Warthouse Five"?
It's either one of those or Pat Boone doing some metal classics.

pboone2.jpg

Queensryche maybe?
You never know, but I'd doubt it. They don't seem to fit in real well with the other bands that are playing that night .. Thurisaz, November's Doom, Saturnus, and Martyr. Queensrychye does still draw a good crowd up around Chicago. They usually will play back to back, and sometimes even three dates in a row at the House Of Blues.

Britt

I saw Slick open up for I think Whitesnake it was? It was somebody at the house of blues and I yelled out for some Radakka tunes and the dude singing then said I was showing my age and must be in my 40s...I'm only 27 :(

They don't seem to fit in real well with the other bands that are playing that night .. Thurisaz, November's Doom, Saturnus, and Martyr.

I still hope for Symphony X. It would fit well because with the growling, grunting, screeching, and all around caterwauling that will take place earlier in the night, we'll need a good dose of powerful melodic vocals to cleanse the palate - sort of like Heavy Metal Sherbet. :)

Ken

I still hope for Symphony X. It would fit well because with the growling, grunting, screeching, and all around caterwauling that will take place earlier in the night, we'll need a good dose of powerful melodic vocals to cleanse the palate - sort of like Heavy Metal Sherbet. :)

Ken
I'd be all for it ... they should have some new material ready to go as well. I've seen them six times before, but they would be a welcomed addition to me given all the the doom and death that awaits us that Saturday night.

Britt