Show us your studio 2011 [room / racks / backline]

our rehearsaal / rec-room is finally finished... enjoy ;)
17_klein.jpg

18_klein.jpg

19_klein.jpg

20_klein.jpg

The room is gorgeous, and the treatment looks great, but for real, GET THOSE MONITORS ON SOME STANDS AT EAR LEVEL :loco:

You've got everything else going, just improve the monitoring situation, and you'll be banging :headbang:

thanks guys! :) was a lot of hard work, mostly done only by my two hands...

The room is gorgeous, and the treatment looks great, but for real, GET THOSE MONITORS ON SOME STANDS AT EAR LEVEL :loco:

You've got everything else going, just improve the monitoring situation, and you'll be banging :headbang:

yeah i know ;) this will be the next investment...

cheers, markus

Heres a few pics from my band Shardborne's recording
Pic quality no the best but oh well, I share the space with another guy (if6was9) on this forum.

DSCF3105.JPG

DSCF3106.JPG

DSCF3107.JPG

DSCF3111.JPG

DSCF3112.JPG

My new mixing room is slowly coming together, so here's a crappy cell phone pic until the room is finished:

pikisaarentyohuone.png

The superchunks look fucking awesome in real life, the picture makes them look quite shoddy :/ Still need to build a new desk, hang a cloud above the sweet spot, put up some creative lighting, get a stand for the Explorer and so on and so on, but at least I can work here now!

That monitor looks massive compared to everything else.
27" iMac?
Lol, sexy room though.

Yeah, 27". I'm gonna have to compensate it with a bigger desk and hopefully a new monitor pair in the near future :lol:

Niiiice Jarrko. How do you like the sound of the room now?

You can't escape the fact that it's a small room, but it actually sounds pretty healthy now. I haven't done any proper measurements as of yet, but I'm not hearing any huge problems besides some funky spike at around 160-180Hz. The room sounds a lot better than the two previous rooms I worked out of, that's fo'sho!

At the moment I have 50kg's of concrete slab insulation as superchunks on the front corners, 4 Ecophon absorbers (great for mid and hi freqs) on the early reflection points, 2 more of those a little further back to reduce flutter and a total of 10 rockwool bass traps on the back wall and corners plus some leftover concrete slab insulation in the corners.

You can't escape the fact that it's a small room, but it actually sounds pretty healthy now. I haven't done any proper measurements as of yet, but I'm not hearing any huge problems besides some funky spike at around 160-180Hz. The room sounds a lot better than the two previous rooms I worked out of, that's fo'sho!

At the moment I have 50kg's of concrete slab insulation as superchunks on the front corners, 4 Ecophon absorbers (great for mid and hi freqs) on the early reflection points, 2 more of those a little further back to reduce flutter and a total of 10 rockwool bass traps on the back wall and corners plus some leftover concrete slab insulation in the corners.

Good to hear that you're happy with the improvement.
Mind if I ask what dimentions your room is? It looks to be a similar size to what I will have to work in, though I fear yours could be a little bigger, so your "can't escape the fact that it's a small room" comment worries me a little.

Your looks neat, I like it. But that's still far from sufficient, IMO. I've got quite a bit more rockwool as superchunks, broadband absorbers, a big cloud and a lot of leftover stuff and I still feel the urge buy a ton more. I can hear some slight issues in the sweet spot, although it's gone quite a long way from the beginning. More obviously - there are quite noticeable variations of the low-end when you walk around the room.

Good to hear that you're happy with the improvement.
Mind if I ask what dimentions your room is? It looks to be a similar size to what I will have to work in, though I fear yours could be a little bigger, so your "can't escape the fact that it's a small room" comment worries me a little.

It's 3.05m x 4m x 2.7m (W:rofl:xH), so about 12 square meters. Quite a bit smaller than the last room I was in, but I still like it more :)

Your looks neat, I like it. But that's still far from sufficient, IMO. I've got quite a bit more rockwool as superchunks, broadband absorbers, a big cloud and a lot of leftover stuff and I still feel the urge buy a ton more. I can hear some slight issues in the sweet spot, although it's gone quite a long way from the beginning. More obviously - there are quite noticeable variations of the low-end when you walk around the room.

Yeah, never said it was sufficient - a small room can't have sufficient treatment to get it completely flat, as it would take way too much mass considering the room's dimensions. At some point I'll probably experiment with superchunking the rear corners, too (they are now covered wth broadbands and bass trap panels), but to be honest, right now I've got more panels in the room that I can conveniently fit here.

I didn't want to start a new thread, so I think this is an appropriate place to ask this question since it's studio equipment.

http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/studio-xps-9100/pd
Is this computer too good to be true? Looking at the specs the price seems kind of awkward for them.
I plan on recording or mixing for bands once I get enough equipment to do so in a professional manner, and plus I really want a faster computer.
Is there any cons to this setup?