Showcase announcement... Final 2 bands confirmed!

That is a sweet line-up for the pre-party "showcase".

Of course, it'll be cool to get to hang with Cellador again! :headbang:

IMG_1274Medium.jpg

lots of stuff...

Thanks for the kind words. However, the changes you want are not sound from a financial standpoint. People tend to forget that I am in this business to not only provide a high quality show, but to make money as well.

The name change was discussed in depth earlier. The original intent of the pre-party was for unsigned bands. Shane I discussed the direction of the night and decided we wanted to bring it up a notch. Showcase is specifically intended to showcase bands that have performed that were crowd favorites that fall within the "no repeat for 2 years rule" or simply cannot get back on the main show due to my roster selection. Freak Kitchen, Vanden Plas, Circle II Circle, and Circus Maximus fit the criteria. I also want to augment the main show because it is becoming harder and harder to guarantee a sell-out as compared to the past when all the bands were making their debut.

As for the 3 day aspect, that will *NEVER* happen regardless of how much the Showcase is considered the unofficial first day. The financial budget, planning, and logistics remain separate. Shane is fully aware that there may be years where he cannot get a strong lineup and he will need to make his own decision based on his numbers. Last year's show was considered strong as well and did not come close to selling out. This year the cards just fell into place for him and I'm thankful for that.

If you combine the three nights into a single show and bump up the ticket price, then you put me back into a position of financial risk. Are you willing to gamble over $100,000 on that when there is nothing to really win from doing as you suggest? I have said many times that I will NEVER lose money on this festival again or it will cease to exist.

As for Cellador and the Showcase, it is a matter of perception. I heard the same complaint about Virgin Steel this year. My philosophy is that the higher quality the lower bands are, the better the festival is going to be. Shane shares my belief.

Why not enjoy the showcase/festival for what it is instead of questioning what it isn't?

Great good getting Cellador! These guys are awesome and I'm sure they'll impressed many.

I feel bad for everyone who's had to miss them due to the tours they've been on when they've come through your town. Y'all need to move to the Twin Cities, where SwordLord and SeaStorm are in the house! :p We've had them open for Gamma Ray and Avian as well as Sonata Arctica. I can't wait to see them again! Totally great bunch of guys; very cool to work with. I can't say a bad thing about them. Wait 'til you hear the singer!

Wow, what a great three days this'll be!

Why not enjoy the showcase/festival for what it is instead of questioning what it isn't?

Glenn;

I intend to. I did not drop money for the badges to complain. However, since the showcase is becoming more and more in line to what PP USA is, why not just call it Day One. Only thing I questioned.

I still say grabbing Cellador was sheer genius on Shane's part.

Peace,
Ray C.

I always thought of a "showcase" was to show off unknown and unsigned acts, in the hopes that they will be picked up by a label in the US.

Glenn has pretty much summed it all up, but I would like to say a couple of things. First off, sorry for the lack of posts regarding all of the great responses. I just started a new job working a bunch of hours, and the wifie is 8 months Pregnant :) Girl # 2 on the way!!!!!

I started the "Showcase" out to put unsigned acts in the limelight. I still remain firm to that with one band, the opening band... That being sais, the offers to play from larger acts I just could not pass up.... After all this festival is about the fans, and personally I believe that they as a whole would prefer to see Vanden Plas, Circle 2 Circle, Freak Kitchen, Dreamscape etc more than a band like Krucible headline this fest.....

I took a life of it's own, and I ran with it with Glenn's blessing and support.

I am happy with the way it has turned out and the direction it has taken.

I walk the fine line between promoter and musician. Believe me it is a VERY fine line, and there are many grey areas.

Glenn has shown me the light in regards to this, and I will continue to follow his lead without completely sacrificing my original intent.

That make sense?

Shane

Great good getting Cellador! These guys are awesome and I'm sure they'll impressed many.

I feel bad for everyone who's had to miss them due to the tours they've been on when they've come through your town. Y'all need to move to the Twin Cities, where SwordLord and SeaStorm are in the house! :p We've had them open for Gamma Ray and Avian as well as Sonata Arctica. I can't wait to see them again! Totally great bunch of guys; very cool to work with. I can't say a bad thing about them. Wait 'til you hear the singer!

Wow, what a great three days this'll be!

Hahaha, yea, the move up here is the greatest thing I have ever done. I have made some kick ass friends, you included Jason, and I am getting my ass kicked at concert after concert, not to mention getting my face ripped off during Cellador's set opening for Gamma Ray last May. That was the first I had ever heard of them, and it was amazing. Less than a month away until Belladonna! I am stoked. HALO!

Brent

Way.
To.
Go.

You lined up another terrific show, Shaney. There is no one I'd rather laminate with (or for) in the whole world ;) Can't wait to see you and congrats again. I'm psyched to see Krucible live......FINALLY!!! YAY!

Glenn has pretty much summed it all up, but I would like to say a couple of things. First off, sorry for the lack of posts regarding all of the great responses. I just started a new job working a bunch of hours, and the wifie is 8 months Pregnant :) Girl # 2 on the way!!!!!

Congrats on baby #2! Pickles & ice cream!

J-Dubya

I always thought of a "showcase" was to show off unknown and unsigned acts, in the hopes that they will be picked up by a label in the US.

I started the "Showcase" out to put unsigned acts in the limelight. I still remain firm to that with one band, the opening band... That being sais, the offers to play from larger acts I just could not pass up.... After all this festival is about the fans, and personally I believe that they as a whole would prefer to see Vanden Plas, Circle 2 Circle, Freak Kitchen, Dreamscape etc more than a band like Krucible headline this fest.....

I took a life of it's own, and I ran with it with Glenn's blessing and support.

I am happy with the way it has turned out and the direction it has taken.

I walk the fine line between promoter and musician. Believe me it is a VERY fine line, and there are many grey areas.

Glenn has shown me the light in regards to this, and I will continue to follow his lead without completely sacrificing my original intent.

That make sense?

Shane
Makes perfect sense to me. Rock on, Shane!

Kudos, Shane!
I'm looking forward to seeing your band, as you have assembled an awesome lineup. I like Cellador quite a bit as well, and I'm one of the many who agree that a show like this is where they belong, as opposed to the tours on which they've been playing. This should prove to be a fun night, indeed.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

This is awesome!:) Having Vanden Plas, Krucible, and Cellador definitely helps to balance out the whole fest! Woo hoo! Great bands that use a higher register high quality singing which I cannot ever seem to get enough of! Awesome stuff Shane!:) Thank you thank you!:) You rock!

Cellador and Krucible will be great to see.
1.Cellador is the second coming of Helloween.
2.Krucible features Lance King on vocals.
3.Enough said!