Signals ZomBass 1.0 (Fender J-Bass Kontakt Instrument)

28583883.jpg

I tested the DI test tracks so I know ZomBass can sound very good but this test sample sounds super odd!

Here are the test files I did with DIs provided:

DIs Processed Only:

Unfortunately I didn't use the Distressor on this one...
Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anybody figured out how to change from pick to finger ? Also, I am fucking STOKED that there is a Kurt Ballou preset on the way. I thought I was going to stay away from presets and stick to my own processing, but if Kurt is going to make a preset then take my damn money!!!

Has anybody figured out how to change from pick to finger ?

If you go to "Envelope" on the ZB2 instrument in Kontakt and raise it it will have an attack like using fingers (I think I set mine to like 200-something to get that).

Without you guys buying a license from NI though, it'll work only 10 minutes in demo mode in the free version!

Program with a synth in MIDI, and when you're finished writing it out, switch to Zombass, print it, done.

5 songs takes less then 10 minutes.

Either Cubase doesn't show notes as numbers (included txt file for ZB2 shows as note numbers) or I just don't know how to view them that way, but in case anyone else needs this, these are the notes for the modifiers:

ZomBass%202%20Keys.png

Also, some groove grind using ZB2: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/794136/zombass2.mp3

Program with a synth in MIDI, and when you're finished writing it out, switch to Zombass, print it, done.

5 songs takes less then 10 minutes.

i know that, but there are people that don't and might take what you said the wrong way. just trying to help.

Either Cubase doesn't show notes as numbers (included txt file for ZB2 shows as note numbers) or I just don't know how to view them that way, but in case anyone else needs this, these are the notes for the modifiers:

Also, some groove grind using ZB2: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/794136/zombass2.mp3

I like you.

i know that, but there are people that don't and might take what you said the wrong way. just trying to help.

Of course, and I understand where you're coming from. But Zombass II is marketed as a Kontakt instrument. We don't have the finances or knowledge to program ZII to be a standalone product.
Maybe someday we will.

I like you.

Of course, and I understand where you're coming from. But Zombass II is marketed as a Kontakt instrument. We don't have the finances or knowledge to program ZII to be a standalone product.
Maybe someday we will.

Damn, if you guys could find a programmer, I could only imagine how much you could make off selling a standalone version, shit would rule. Hell, pitch the idea to Slate and see if they'll work with you guys to have a sweet new product or whatever? I dunno.

Damn, if you guys could find a programmer, I could only imagine how much you could make off selling a standalone version, shit would rule. Hell, pitch the idea to Slate and see if they'll work with you guys to have a sweet new product or whatever? I dunno.

You have to have money to make money first. :lol:

'tis a good idea however.

Are the velocity layers equally divided from 0-127? As in: ~0-31, ~32-64, ~65-95 and ~96-127.