Similar bands to Opeth

i think Enslaved is the only band i could draw a decent line of comparison to Opeth with. and obviously its not really because the songs sound the same, but both have similar approaches to their respective sub-genres of metal music, and both are pretty close in the level of creativity and can hold my attention at this juncture.

wankerness said:
Yeah, Enslaved definitely should have been on my list. Long career and tons of albums, almost all of which are good.

As long as you don't count anything released after Eld...

My Man Mahmoud said:
As long as you don't count anything released after Eld...

Christ you're a musically conservative asshole when it comes to black metal (and, well, everything else I've ever seen you post about), what do you actually like that's been produced in the last year?

i thikn opeth sound a lot like most satanic music, cradle of filth and cannible corps and iron maiden, extol...

i mean all those bands have the acoustics and the growly vocals, and are all satainic so its very simliar

Soilworker said:
i thikn opeth sound a lot like most satanic music, cradle of filth and cannible corps and iron maiden, extol...

i mean all those bands have the acoustics and the growly vocals, and are all satainic so its very simliar

You forgot johnny cash and bob dylan

Soilworker said:

rofl you have to be kidding

affinityband said:
lol extol are the most christian band ever. It can only be a joke.

The most christian band ever? I take it you've never heard a single other christian band of any sort in your life, then. I didn't think they had any christian stuff in their lyrics at all until the last album (if they even have any now, I thought they just SAID they were christian so they'd get distributed by that bigger label without having any of it in their music). Not to mention they're far less of an insult to compare opeth to than most "satanic" music or CoF or CC. "Burial" and "Undeceived" are awesome.