Similar bands to Opeth

wankerness said:
The most christian band ever? I take it you've never heard a single other christian band of any sort in your life, then. I didn't think they had any christian stuff in their lyrics at all until the last album (if they even have any now, I thought they just SAID they were christian so they'd get distributed by that bigger label without having any of it in their music). Not to mention they're far less of an insult to compare opeth to than most "satanic" music or CoF or CC. "Burial" and "Undeceived" are awesome.

what

affinityband said:
Its funny because its almost like NFU in a way. Unfortunatley this tart doesnt seem to have even heard the 'basic' things even the casual music listener shouldve heard lol.

Yes, lets all reduce ourselves to listening to the basic stuff...

*Puts on the Beatles*

wankerness said:
I only like a few of these as much as Opeth, but they're the closest I can think of to quality and career longevity in the whole metal/hard rock scene:

Pain of Salvation
Isis
Neurosis
Katatonia
Anathema
My Dying Bride
NoMeansNo
Ulver

And Django Reinhardt and the Beatles.

Do you contribute to ruthless reviews by any chance???

Kir-ir-Bannog said:
Do you contribute to ruthless reviews by any chance???

No, but I do live on their forums. One of the guys on the site is a raving Opeth/NMN fanboy but as far as I know he doesn't care about the rest, not to mention most of the other stuff he likes is crap.