Slate Digital TRIGGER Drum Replacer - Now Available

Yes by default the retrigger value is set quite low, I would turn it up. 16th notes at like 300bpm are 50ms apart and that is preeeeetty quick ;) So you can raise it up to at least that value and it will let you smash the detail knob a lot lower without flams, which will result in tight triggering.

The plugin is awesome, it isn't perfect but a lot of that is probably because we are trying to trigger imperfect tracks. I think it really is as good as replacement plugins could possibly get, it is much much better than Drumagog and at least as tight as apTrigga, while providing a lot more functionality.

Really sucks that it's still useless to most people on the board since we can't use our own samples. Any word on that yet or is the release date still "well before June" (which is 7 days away....)?

Really sucks that it's still useless to most people on the board since we can't use our own samples. Any word on that yet or is the release date still "well before June" (which is 7 days away....)?

I mean, did anyone realllllly not see this coming? I bet no sooner than two weeks into June...

Id like to try it, but I have no ilok and wont get one to demo one product.
I think the price is a little high, considering its not REALLY a complete plugin. Not having the "Instrument maker" seems to be a huge thing for people who have Trigger. Using our own samples just MAKES SENSE!!!!!!! Why it was released without being complete... I dont think anyone will ever know. :erk: The fact that the instrument maker hasnt even been released yet is very troubling. I know Id be PISSED if I wasted all that $$ and got a half working product. Releasing something before its really ready just to get a "jump" on the market is a horrible idea. Maybe in a year after this plug is complete and working the way it should, I will buy it.
One of the first rules of business is to not promise things to your customers things that you cant or wont do. That just makes the competition look even stronger.
Anyway, for all the guys that took a chance on this plugin, I hope you get the instrument maker soon!!!:Spin:
Allthough...youd figure with all the pleading for the rest of the plugin, that it would have been finished fast...unless it wasnt really planned to be a part of it until people wanted their own samples.

BTW- I think a cheaper version of this plug should be available with NO SAMPLES....But THAT would be COMPLETELY useless without the missing "instrument maker". Oh well. :loco:

Hi Guys, I can see that there is still some confusion on the Instrument Maker. As I said, it will be out very shortly and you'll be able to make your own detailed sample layers for TRIGGER. Some here are acting like we plan on not releasing it which is ridiculous. The issue with the instrument maker was that it was so complex that it was a bit difficult to use, so we made it a lot simpler. It had to be tested and a manual needed to be written. As for it being useless as is, I'd think if the very top mixers in the world can live with the SSD samples since 2003, then people here should be able to deal with it for 30 days.

TRIGGER is an extremely powerful tool. We're getting demos sent from all across the world where drums were recorded in small practice rooms and basements, and were instantly turned into drums that sound like they were recorded in some of Hollywood's top studios.

If you have any issues with TRIGGER settings, feel free to send the track to our support team so they can find the right settings for you. Like any plugin, it will take a bit of time to find out what the controls do and how to set it for certain situations.

Alex
Customer Support

With all due respect to you guys, the only confusion ive seen with the instrument maker from your customers is why it wasnt released with the plugin to make it the complete plugin. As some have said before, there was never any mention of instrument maker until after people bought the plugin and wanted to know why they couldnt load their own samples.
I understand the Slate samples are supposed to be God's gift to production, but they arent the only samples around. They are good, but since there are many samples available, people wanna be able to have variety. To me atleast, it seemed a way to make the Slate samples the ONLY ones people use. I understand that the "very top mixers in the world" sometimes use Slate samples, but that doesnt mean everyone should wanna copy everything OTHER people do. Give the customers a choice. I know it would sell more samples the other way, but as youve seen, people like using other samples regardless of what the "very top mixers in the world" use. Alot of guys even like using samples made from the kit they are recording, and not someone elses samples.
Anyway, im not saying anything bad about the company or plugin, just pointing out things that should be obvious to a company...especially one with a customer support team. Also, I dont think it was ever answered why the plugin was released if it wasnt 100% ready and including the instrument maker one would need to use it the way the want.
I am not a Slate customer yet, as I dont have the extra cash right now to buy things like this ...but ive read the entire thread and just couldnt sit silent on this anymore. There seems to be alot of talking, but not alot of REALLY LISTENING to the customers. Like I said, im viewing this as a potential customer. Hopefully by the time im ready to upgrade my sample replacement plug, everything is good to go with this plugin. I just dont think releasing it before it was ready just to beat Drumagog 5 to the punch was worth it.

Slate, I need some help with Trigger settings. Do I just PM TRIGGER_support, or should I email someone on the support team? What's the email?

I just dont think releasing it before it was ready just to beat Drumagog 5 to the punch was worth it.

I guess thats it really, they had to get in there first to be sure a good chunk of the business went their way,
- whether the software was ready or not,
Im happy with trigger so far and can handle the wait for now but i too was under the impression (and just took for granted) that it would have the same features as Drumagog (Wav loading).

wow dudes patience... and RTFM!

You guys make it sound like it will never be fixed or it will be years. I understand most companies take years to get updates out, but Slate Digital has been more than responsive.

They are active in forums, quick to respond to E-mails, even willing to help you with settings for your drums!!

The reason why my guess was due to market pressure... ie. this forum and thread... pushing and asking and asking and whining.. WIth major threats like "Well I guess I will by Drumagog instead," not even taking into account the product values... just availability.

As a developer, when things go wrong it can be a bitch to figure it out, and you can't put a timetable on that and there are only so many hours in a day.

There are so many products at NAMM that are announced, not even close to working form. Some take years to actually hit the market. Look at the timeline of hundreds of product announcements vs. release dates. Especially at trade shows, holy crap!

So because of that market pressure, I think they LISTEN more than we do actually. Half the people on the forums can't even read the manual to follow the iLok instructions... and that is easy. Imagine them trying to figure out a complicated instrument maker?

And it has only been a couple of months... big deal. They are responding with updates and will release when it is ready... which is right around the corner. They also don't have a huge development staff and their plugin is revolutionary IMO.

Oh... life on the bleeding edge. Think of it like if you are cooking and every minute someone comes in "is it ready?" then going.. well did you do this, and this could you maybe do this and this.. oh and this and this... then leave....and come back a minute later.. and you go.. HERE take this carrot GTFO till the meal is ready... know what I mean?

As Alex has been saying for a few pages now, we intended on releasing the instrument maker with the plugin but I decided to revamp it to make it better. Plain and simple. The plugin has been out for three weeks, and by the fourth week you'll have the instrument maker. If you want to hear your own samples, you can load the singles right now. But overall, TRIGGER delivers the absolute best multi channel drum replacement engine to your DAW that the industry has ever seen, and that is no lie.

If you want "incomplete", how about a drum replacement program that forces you to manually fix almost every hit and use multiple instances just to get a complete part.. since that is what was on the market before TRIGGER.

I'm just a bit amazed that after countless updates on the status of the instrument maker, some people here are acting as if we are holding it back for some sneaky reason or that it doesn't exist. Folks, we have no agenda. My guys have been doing 80 hours of overtime making this thing be the absolute best multi layer sample maker the industry has seen. So chill out, and in no time you'll be loading your own multi samples in to TRIGGER. Till then, make sure all your edits are nice and clean.

Steven

Like i said im happy with trigger and happy to wait,
but i get the feeling from reading this thread that most people who are sounding off, wish they would have been told in advance of buying the product that they wouldn't be able to load thier multi layer wavs straight away.
I have no complaints personally and i think Slate/YellowMatter have the best support ive seen in a long time from anyone,
Thats just the feeling i get from some peoples posts.

As i wrote this Steven posted his reply, - a great response IMO

Think of it like if you are cooking and every minute someone comes in "is it ready?" then going.. well did you do this, and this could you maybe do this and this.. oh and this and this... then leave....and come back a minute later.. and you go.. HERE take this carrot GTFO till the meal is ready... know what I mean?

Naw, once again, terrible anology.

This is like if I were cooking a meal, asked a bunch of my friends to smell it because it truly did smell great, then told them a specific time when it would be ready, pushed that time back by an hour or two, and then finally served the meal.

Part of the meal, that is - you get your chicken breast and your steamed vegetables (forgot to pass out utensils at first, also - my bad! got those covered now, though), but I conveniently leave out the mashed potatoes and gravy which were specifically identified before. I only tell you that these mashed potatoes will take another 2 or 3 hours to cook when you specifically ask me "hey dude, where are those super awesome potatoes you promised earlier?"

After 4 hours I tell you that the potatoes are just cooling down and the gravy is just about ready to be poured on top.

As is, I've not yet received my mashed potatoes, and I'll be goddamned as an Irishman if my meal is complete without potatoes.

Naw, once again, terrible anology.

This is like if I were cooking a meal, asked a bunch of my friends to smell it because it truly did smell great, then told them a specific time when it would be ready, pushed that time back by an hour or two, and then finally served the meal.

Part of the meal, that is - you get your chicken breast and your steamed vegetables (forgot to pass out utensils at first, also - my bad! got those covered now, though), but I conveniently leave out the mashed potatoes and gravy which were specifically identified before. I only tell you that these mashed potatoes will take another 2 or 3 hours to cook when you specifically ask me "hey dude, where are those super awesome potatoes you promised earlier?"

After 4 hours I tell you that the potatoes are just cooling down and the gravy is just about ready to be poured on top.

As is, I've not yet received my mashed potatoes, and I'll be goddamned as an Irishman if my meal is complete without potatoes.

fair enough...bad analogy.

But the question is why were the potatoes hours later? If it really was out of spite that is one thing. But if it is because your stove broke or the initial pot cracked, or some other thing completely out of your control. Or some slight misplanning. Ie. it took 2 hours for the water to boil when it should normally take 30 minutes. Especially if it is the first time you have made this meal in a completely new kitchen. Or try in 4 completely different kitchens in 3 different languages.

Damn you are right... bad analogy.

But I would hope that your friends would understand and give you the benefit of the doubt. And were all friends here, right? Especially with how much knowledge Slate has shared on here and his awesome samples and huge hookups for us.

In development land shit just comes up all the time and we have had to release things as low as 30% complete. Damn now that I think about it, no product I have done has been 100% where I want it, that is why there is version 2 and 3 and 4. Sometimes you spend hours solving a single stupid problem because of some undocumented host/OS feature or bug. I spent a solid 60 hour week trying to figure out a simple undocumented "feature" writing a module for an Oracle DBMS. Took about 10 hours to write the rest.

I guess I would rather have the potatoes be late and be awesome than get them crappy. Plus in the development and typical software update cycle vs. typical eating times, I would say the potatoes are 5-15 minutes late so far. Hours to me would be years. Damn there I go again.. ok I am done.. :lol: :puke:

fair enough...bad analogy.

But the question is why were the potatoes hours later? If it really was out of spite that is one thing. But if it is because your stove broke or the initial pot cracked, or some other thing completely out of your control. Or some slight misplanning. Ie. it took 2 hours for the water to boil when it should normally take 30 minutes. Especially if it is the first time you have made this meal in a completely new kitchen. Or try in 4 completely different kitchens in 3 different languages.

Damn you are right... bad analogy.

But I would hope that your friends would understand and give you the benefit of the doubt. And were all friends here, right? Especially with how much knowledge Slate has shared on here and his awesome samples and huge hookups for us.

In development land shit just comes up all the time and we have had to release things as low as 30% complete. Damn now that I think about it, no product I have done has been 100% where I want it, that is why there is version 2 and 3 and 4. Sometimes you spend hours solving a single stupid problem because of some undocumented host/OS feature or bug. I spent a solid 60 hour week trying to figure out a simple undocumented "feature" writing a module for an Oracle DBMS. Took about 10 hours to write the rest.

I guess I would rather have the potatoes be late and be awesome than get them crappy. Plus in the development and typical software update cycle vs. typical eating times, I would say the potatoes are 5-15 minutes late so far. Hours to me would be years. Damn there I go again.. ok I am done.. :lol: :puke:

I don't think he did it out of spite at all - I just think that he should've mentioned up front "Hey guys, in order to release TRIGGER right now instead of a month later, it won't include the Instrument Maker. Sorry about that."

That's all. The unmentioned, blindsided, us having to ask before it was addressed thing was just a completely marketing failure, and shouldn't really be seen as anything else. I won't say it's a business mistake, as I'm sure it was to get people to jump aboard the TRIGGER train WELL before Drumagog5 came out, rather than a week or so before it, but it was a bit of a bait-and-switch tactic.

We're accepting before and after mp3s of pre and post TRIGGER for our website. If we choose your before and after mp3, we'll credit you on the site. I look forward to some mp3 links.