Slate Digital TRIGGER Drum Replacer - Now Available

Instrument Maker is working great here, thanks guys. Just a little annoying bug though, on my system you can't see all the columns in the first row without maximising. If you try and scroll you get this:

triggerbug.png

The other rows display fine but not this one, and resizing the whole window will display them all, it's just the scroll function that seems to be misbehaving. Running OSX 10.6.2 on a Macbook Pro here.

Instrument Maker is working great here, thanks guys. Just a little annoying bug though, on my system you can't see all the columns in the first row without maximising. If you try and scroll you get this:

triggerbug.png

The other rows display fine but not this one, and resizing the whole window will display them all, it's just the scroll function that seems to be misbehaving. Running OSX 10.6.2 on a Macbook Pro here.

I've had the same issue, though it wasn't the first row. On OSX 10.5.8 on a Macbook.

MAJOR props to everyone on the Trigger team for listening to people and getting their suggestions incorporated into the plugin so quickly. :kickass:

Finally got my iLok yesterday and spent a bit of time fiddling around with some of my more pain-in-the-arse tracks. Managed to get a snare with the worst bleed ever (stupid me in college stuck an omni or at least figure 8 mike on a snare and didn't check till everything was to tape so it's basically like a room mike in the centre of the kit) and managed to get it triggering almost right in about 20 minutes just using the suppression feature. I'm confident it wouldn't take too much more to get it 100% and this would probably be one of the most poorly recorded snare tracks (at least for bleed) ever - to get drumagog to play nice with it I had to manually go through and boost each snare drum hit by an arbitrary db value just to so it could distiguish each hit. Obviously this destroyed the initial track as well..

Finally got my iLok yesterday and spent a bit of time fiddling around with some of my more pain-in-the-arse tracks. Managed to get a snare with the worst bleed ever (stupid me in college stuck an omni or at least figure 8 mike on a snare and didn't check till everything was to tape so it's basically like a room mike in the centre of the kit) and managed to get it triggering almost right in about 20 minutes just using the suppression feature. I'm confident it wouldn't take too much more to get it 100% and this would probably be one of the most poorly recorded snare tracks (at least for bleed) ever - to get drumagog to play nice with it I had to manually go through and boost each snare drum hit by an arbitrary db value just to so it could distiguish each hit. Obviously this destroyed the initial track as well..

its unbelievable how good this software works, with less to no effort:)
I just wanted to learn the suppression mode, and tried it with an kick-room mic.
Worked perfectly!!!!

Steven, give us more of this amazing software.
When the mastering suite and the console emulations hold to the promisses you made, then mixing ITB is going to have a major step-up.

Trigger performs very nicely. Simple to use yet functionally very detailed. Let's me stay in the vibe zone when mixing. Looking forward to more from the Slate team.

I just used Instrument Maker for the first time. It seemed pretty easy, but I haven't tested the samples yet. However, no matter what mode I selected on the AMG drop down, every time I opened a created sample set, the AMG was set to Snare Standard. I even tried resaving with the new AMG mode and it still wouldn't save (it would always default to the Snare Standard).

Hi Steven and Alex, I finally got a free moment to start loading the slate samples manually into the instrument maker per your suggestion (so I could exclude hits that sound out of place... at least to me anyway) here's a couple I wrote down from the dream snare(my fave!) if you want to check it and maybe hear what I'm talking about. don't get me wrong they sound good but just out of place with the set they are in when on a straight blast beat, when it comes to rolls and slow to moderately fast stuff they sound fine to me...but I get alot of grindcore bands. In the past I would open up drumagogs sample window and watch the samples and just mute the hit/hits that didn't work with the blast.

when I'm auditioning them in the instrument maker I'm just clicking back and forth on them as fast as I can to see what sounds out of place(to me anyway) lol

Dream Z1 hard 3
Dream Z1 crack 3
Dream Z3 crack a3
Dream Z3 crack a4

(oh yeah I'm loading these off the 3.0 disk too)

thanks for the great product I'm just tying to help out. looking forward to the mastering plugs!!!

^&#$*&# %)(*&#PAYPAPL!$*@$&*!()#&%)(*@#$&%(*#$&
So....last week I've ordered Trigger. Payed with PayPal, for some numbnuts reason this transaction was put "queued". Why? I have no clue why. Never had this before, now all of a sudden they apparently have new rules when you have a bankaccount linked with my PayPal. Anyhow, payment has been withdrawn from my bankaccount, on may 30, but apparently from PayPal wants me to wait until june 4 until they will get my payment of the queue. Which means I still have 4 days of waiting ahead... @#$%^&*PAYFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

finally got the chance to try TRIGGER (didn't make sense to me before I had the instrument maker).....
and I gotta say it triggers really nicely, very accurate and precise, even from less than perfect tracks.
unfortunately I have to say that Aptrigga "sounds" better dunno why and how to describe it (had the same feeling with drumagog, which IMO sounds much worse than aptrigga), but when I'm using the same samples and replace with aptrigga it sounds better/different than replaced with Trigger (oddly enough this is especially true for the SSD Samples), so I guess my future workflow will be a combination of both....
first I'll load a trigger-spike into TRIGGER and use that to create a very clean trigger track, which again I'll use for triggering samples with aptrigga...wish it wouldn't have to be that complicated, but TRIGGER just deals with less than optimal tracks better than the other programs, so I'll be using both in the future

finally got the chance to try TRIGGER (didn't make sense to me before I had the instrument maker).....
and I gotta say it triggers really nicely, very accurate and precise, even from less than perfect tracks.
unfortunately I have to say that Aptrigga "sounds" better dunno why and how to describe it (had the same feeling with drumagog, which IMO sounds much worse than aptrigga), but when I'm using the same samples and replace with aptrigga it sounds better/different than replaced with Trigger (oddly enough this is especially true for the SSD Samples), so I guess my future workflow will be a combination of both....
first I'll load a trigger-spike into TRIGGER and use that to create a very clean trigger track, which again I'll use for triggering samples with aptrigga...wish it wouldn't have to be that complicated, but TRIGGER just deals with less than optimal tracks better than the other programs, so I'll be using both in the future

What do you mean Lasse? Sounds worse than aptrigga? How can it sound worse if it's just a mechanism playing back the same sample without touching it? Did you really hear less quality? If you did that's a bit shocking :OMG:

also dont realy understand what you mean bro?!?!
I only did a quick test with Trigger and for my taste the samples sounded the same like in drumagog, the only difference is, that everything works now how it should do....

I think Lasse isn't alone with that statement. Someone else posted something similar and said the SSD samples in aptrigga sound better (or different) from Trigger.

i find just the opposite. i'm doing new mixes where I used to have aptrigga and now i'm using TRIGGER. The kicks are night and day.. they sounded flabby with aptrigga but very tight with TRIGGER.. this is when mixing with the original track. When you're just using the sample it doesn't matter.

Alex