Slate Digital TRIGGER Drum Replacer - Now Available

1 Other weird thing... the GUI in Cubase 5 on OS X looks like this: (huge blank area at the top)

TriggerGUI.png

Just tested the midi out in Cubase - works fine but has one kind of 'caveat' - when it records the note, it has the notes go on for quite a while (as in held until the next hit), so anything but a drum map/hybrid editor looks kind of weird.

Works a treat tho!

*edit*

Midi has to be aligned to the first drum hit, then the rest line up. Some standard latency as with any other type of bouncing.

*edit2* On further testing... MIDI is spot the fuck on, no need to line things up! Insane!

Long note thing is kind of a bitch still - when you start playback in the middle of that long note, it triggers a hit. if you start it at the beginning of a part with a snare before it, you'll hear that first hit on playback regardless of whether or not the not starts there.

Has to be some kind of fix for this - have a momentary type thing going on, rather than a hit and hold thing? Programming error methinks.

thanks man! sounds fucking promising!

Long note thing is kind of a bitch still - when you start playback in the middle of that long note, it triggers a hit. if you start it at the beginning of a part with a snare before it, you'll hear that first hit on playback regardless of whether or not the not starts there.

Has to be some kind of fix for this - have a momentary type thing going on, rather than a hit and hold thing? Programming error methinks. My fix in Cubase is to right click, functions, and "fixed lengths," which works perfectly, but people in other DAWs might have an issue without that function.

Is there an operation to "fix note length" like in Logic?
you could just select all notes and set them to be 1/8th note long.

I'm scraping on the surface atm.

One thing stand out to me:
It would be super awesome if we get the possibility to drag and drop the samples. For example drag and drop the third sample on position one, and stuff like that...

Just a thought, maybe with another update.

But I fall in love with Trigger, anyway.

Just a note, that TRIGGER's Midi input output is as good as any audio plugin i/o can be.. But that said, we are still at the limitations of the DAW software. There is no magic coding that can get around that. I would suggest you purchase TRIGGER to use on audio wavs with the MIDI stuff being an added convenience when necessary.

I think the download managers is part of the issue with dropouts. We have a fast connection here that today got up to 600kps... If you have a poor connection, I'd try WITHOUT a dl manager, and if you can't do that, we'll have hard copies shipping monday.

please post more demos using TRIGGER!

Steven
sorry steve, but what does this mean?
Kontakt and aptrigga can be triggered via midi just fine in PT
(drumagog is another story)
hows is this implemented in trigger? i really want it; i will prob just use it direct on the track, but i would like to be able to trigger it via midi created via Massey DTM if i want to

Unless I'm missing something (and everyone else is too) the MIDI features don't work in PT and Logic.

Can someone prove me wrong here?... (please)

*edit2* On further testing... MIDI is spot the fuck on, no need to line things up! Even when going from original track -> midi -> trigger -> bounce, the bounce is still lined up with the original track. This is gonna make life reaaally fucking easy.

good news, as i am going to use it exactly that way.

cheers
S.

I assume using the MIDI route you will have to do the sample alignment yourself however, if for instance you are triggering 6 or more sample snares alongside the raw as you might in a standard project? Really cool to hear that it aligns well to the raw drums. That's been the huge issue with just about every other drum replacer out there.

What would be really awesome is an expanded version of trigger made for DTM, which runs standalone outside the DAW, much like Drumtracker. I initially hated the idea of going outside the DAW for this, but after some time with it I really grew to love the flexibility in being able to just get in there, visually see and align all the triggers myself, and not have to work around the limitations of a DAW or plug-in format like RTAS or VST. Would make the side-chain exclusion stuff a breeze as it would have internal routing made specifically for this purpose without having to do crazy group track panning.

Sorry for the slight o/t
But taken from Masseys Facebook under the title 'under construction'
24370_417296123645_716998645_5208459_3308071_n.jpg

YOOHOO steven slate!! what the crack with midi in P.T?
need to know or my order may be delayed.....

No reflection on Slate Digital here, as they have been great, I just hate hate hate iLok. It needs to die a quick death and fade from memory ASAP.

+1. Sorry, but I hate the iLok & I'm voting with my dollars. I'll be happy to purchase with an alternative method, like RML does: Trusting your customers.

Sorry for the slight o/t
But taken from Masseys Facebook under the title 'under construction'
24370_417296123645_716998645_5208459_3308071_n.jpg

New/updated version of Massey DTM, that's more or less how the current version looks. DTM is the best plugin in the world. Like Drumtracker but built into the DAW. Doesn't run in realtime or anything, you get to analyze the audio and manually adjust things.

That's the beauty of Audiosuite plugins. They give developers the flexibility to code things like DTM, which are basically new "functions" built into Pro Tools. No other DAW really lets you code plugins like that, everything has to be done as an online/realtime insert, not an offline process. That's why Vocalign rules in Pro Tools and is annoying in Logic.

Closer inspection shows a "samples" button. I'm thinking this plugin will allow you to generate an AUDIO file that has all the drum samples you want to use preplaced to match up with the trigger points you set in the interface.

So basically, you click an audio region, run this "DMA" plug of Massey's as Audiosuite. Analyze the region, check the hit points and make sure it has everything right (including velocities which are indicated by the height of the yellow lines), then set up what samples you want to use in the "Samples" window, then drag and drop a generated wav file from the Audiosuite interface onto a new track.

THIS WILL BE FUCKING AMAZING. I will switch back to Pro Tools for this.

EDIT: Those 5 blocks at the bottom look like maybe they would hold the samples you are going to use? 5 random samples per layer or perhaps 5 layers with x samples each?

New/updated version of Massey DTM, that's more or less how the current version looks. DTM is the best plugin in the world. Like Drumtracker but built into the DAW. Doesn't run in realtime or anything, you get to analyze the audio and manually adjust things.

That's the beauty of Audiosuite plugins. They give developers the flexibility to code things like DTM, which are basically new "functions" built into Pro Tools. No other DAW really lets you code plugins like that, everything has to be done as an online/realtime insert, not an offline process. That's why Vocalign rules in Pro Tools and is annoying in Logic.

Closer inspection shows a "samples" button. I'm thinking this plugin will allow you to generate an AUDIO file that has all the drum samples you want to use preplaced to match up with the trigger points you set in the interface.

So basically, you click an audio region, run this "DMA" plug of Massey's as Audiosuite. Analyze the region, check the hit points and make sure it has everything right (including velocities which are indicated by the height of the yellow lines), then set up what samples you want to use in the "Samples" window, then drag and drop a generated wav file from the Audiosuite interface onto a new track.

THIS WILL BE FUCKING AMAZING. I will switch back to Pro Tools for this.

EDIT: Those 5 blocks at the bottom look like maybe they would hold the samples you are going to use? 5 random samples per layer or perhaps 5 layers with x samples each?

What like sound replacer? ;)