Slate Digital TRIGGER Drum Replacer - Now Available

WOW!

I just added a beautiful snare sample to a full album with all the articulations, flams, & ghost notes in 2 hours! 12 SONGS!

This is going to be suuuuuuuch a time saver!

Not every update is going to change the world guys. This update addresses two things:

-MIDI in Pro Tools and Logic
-Optimized the Engine for even better reproduction of the softest ghost notes

I appreciate the nice comments guys and look forward to hearing some tracks. I'll see if I can post a snippet of the new George Lynch "Souls of We" record I'm mixing.. it has TRIGGER on kick and snare.

If you didn't get the email, check your junk mail.. also make sure your email client accepts all emails from:
@slatedigital.com
@stevenslatedrums.com
@stevenslate.com

Slate

Hello Everyone,

I'm TRIGGER programmer :)

This is 1.1 update change log:
- Cubase/Nuendo 3 crash on mono channel fixed
- Improved triggering engine. Now it triggers softest notes more accurately. Increasing Detail parameter does not affect triggering accuracy anymore.
- Expanded MIDI out functionality. Now external MIDI devices (sound card MIDI out, virtual MIDI cable) can be used to send triggered notes. You may need a software like Midi Pipe to be able to use MIDI out in hosts, which don't support MIDI out from plugins (Logic, PT). Also now you can send MIDI signal to hardware directly from plugin.

Please, be informed that MIDI accuracy is very host/machine dependent thing. There is a lot of info about it on different websites (e.g.: Logic Pro Help :: View topic - External Midi Instrument delay).

At last we finished TRIGGER update, and now we threw all our efforts into the Instrument Maker finalizing. It will be released before June.

Also in the end of this week I'll start to do TRIGGER video tutorials with example projects for every host. I'll show how to setup triggering, how to use MIDI and Leakage Suppression :)

So those offsets, are still just par for course with the way it works in Cubase? Once the MIDI is looped back into an instance of Trigger, it's phase accurate? Crazy. Will have to try this out.

FWIW I used Trigger's midi out/in last night on a mix and had absolutely no issues and didn't have to nudge a single hit... came out pretty sick. Converted kick/snare to midi via Trigger, then used Trigger again for the samples.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/392637/Bands/ARTS/ARTS 503 051810.mp3

*Edit* I'm in Cubase, FWIW.

obviously getting instrument maker out is the most important thing right now, just a couple of questions about future stuff....

you mentioned about linking the dynamics and velocity curves in an upcoming version, that still going ahead?

also I saw (I think it was actually Steven) on Gearslutz saying about moving kick drums back a couple of ms and then bouncing to a new wav and loading that in - would it be possible to get an ms delay on each channel, just so we can alter it from in the mixer. there are 2 bass drums I love blending together, but its usually at different amounts depending on the mix - when they are phase aligned the low end gets too much, and the shape of the attack changes a lot too, would be nice to have the option of just tweaking it about directly in trigger.

Figured I'd better pull the trigger (haha?) before the Aussie dollar slips any more..... Was getting a bit excited about testing it out on some old mixes soon until I realised I don't have an iLok... d'oh! Next on the shopping list, I suppose..

you didn't get the email, check your junk mail.. also make sure your email client accepts all emails from:
@slatedigital.com
@stevenslatedrums.com
@stevenslate.com

Slate
I didn't get the email, but I got every other Email from slate (for ssd and trigger). Also nothing in my spam folder, and hotmail doesn't delete mails, just send them to the spam folder.. :cry:

If you didn't get the email, you will in about ten minutes.. It was people who bought hard copies.

I like the idea of slaving the dynamic and velocity curves.. thats on que.. I also like the nudge idea... again, on que for future updates.

So I'm downloading Trigger right now.... Does it include all the SSD samples? So I can clear my drive of SSD to save room?

So I'm downloading Trigger right now.... Does it include all the SSD samples? So I can clear my drive of SSD to save room?

If I remember correctly there were 4 files when I downloaded, one was the plugin, then there were separate files for kick, snare, and toms

If I remember correctly there were 4 files when I downloaded, one was the plugin, then there were separate files for kick, snare, and toms

Yeah I'm getting them all right now, but for some reason when I downloaded SSD it seemed like the files were much bigger.... So I'm afraid to delete SSD but I could really use the room...

Yeah I'm getting them all right now, but for some reason when I downloaded SSD it seemed like the files were much bigger.... So I'm afraid to delete SSD but I could really use the room...

SSD = kontakt player, kontakt instruments & samples, separate folders for wavs, separate folders for gogs, and it also included cymbals

Trigger = Trigger plugin itself, trigger files (samples inside), and it doesn't include cymbals

SSD = kontakt player, kontakt instruments & samples, separate folders for wavs, separate folders for gogs, and it also included cymbals

Trigger = Trigger plugin itself, trigger files (samples inside), and it doesn't include cymbals

Ah that explains it. Thanks. I'll leave my SSD samples in place.

Did I read somewhere here that Slate will be doing cymbals especially for people who've asked for it here? I'm sure I read something to that effect, or at least he said he'd be providing something especially for people who asked for it on here, can't find it in the thread now though... Any ideas?