Slate Virtual Mix RACK

I had VMR in Reaper in Win7 that kept crashing. I had an old Intel Q6600. I went and upgraded to latest i7 and mainboard, and haven't had so much as a hiccup. That was the only time I had issues with any Slate plugin.

Might be worth considering if it's time for a hardware upgrade?

Would be great if guys with crashing experiences would say what plugin formats, daw etc.
you use or have tried when crashing, to see if there's similar behavior/patterns.

I run Slate plugs at vst2 x64, Reaper x64, Windows 7 x64 (i7@2.8ghz, 8gb ram, hp-machine bought in 2010),
and every plugin still opens instantly and have never crashed, not once.

That said, I don't use them so often, but when I do..

Can you create an FX chain with a dozen of them, or a template with 50 of them, and load, quite, load, quit the session without problem? And compare with one with only waves plugins (as a comparison benchmark). In my case doing so is very very unstable and long, and random :/
vst 2 64bit Yosemite latest reaper i7, 16gb ram 1600 MacBookPro late 2013 with super fast PCIe SSD.

Hardware upgrade for me is a no-no, I basically have the latest mac laptop with standard components, they probably have 10 of them in their offices, plus a shitload of old ones for compatibility tests !

The reason why this time I contacted them two months ago is that VMR is supposed to be the flagship and the loader of everything else. Now if the "box" does not work, nothing will inside and we are screwed. That doesn't sound too good of a future if nothing is fixed properly.

Yesterday, I launched a mixing sesh and the 2 EQ modules were missing. Errr... I switched to my OS clone and eveything was ok. I switched back to my main OS SSD and it was ok. A bit frightening tbh. My next mixes won't included Slate plugins. It's a shame, they're great sounding plugins :/

Any news on the VCC 2.0? I can't find anything recent besides the Pro Tools Expert interview at Winter NAMM

Yesterday, I launched a mixing sesh and the 2 EQ modules were missing. Errr... I switched to my OS clone and eveything was ok. I switched back to my main OS SSD and it was ok. A bit frightening tbh. My next mixes won't included Slate plugins. It's a shame, they're great sounding plugins :/

I'm actually considering tracking or printing slate plugins for this reason. As, in the end, I do not play too much with their settings and usually put them to warm up tracks and add harmonic distortion, I think I'll feel safer using input Fx chains to track into them, or printing VCC, and have only reliable plugins in-session. I'm a bit tired of having VMR as the absolute only buggy plugin in my whole library inside of Reaper. Having a lot of slate plugins in a huge session feels dangerous as well, while say my Waves or reaper plugins don't even flinch ever.

We've had extremely great feedback regarding VMR stability and as I look at our support tickets, there are very few for VMR. Having said that, there is an update coming out next week, and it further reduces the already low CPU by another 20-40%. I'll have to check if there are any other specific fixes. Thanks for the discussion.

VCC 2.0 tomorrow.

Cheers,
Steven