sneap forum band - anyone interested in mixing this?

Krank reamp tracks are up. Didn't reference any mix, just took a shot in the dark.

Here is a sample with RAW guitars (no HP/LP, eq, etc...)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gktuzmdnj02

I thought people would prefer to download a sample rather than downloading all the WAV's and then realising that they didn't like the sound. :lol: A narrow cut around the 6400 mark removes a lot of the dreaded fizz.

Full Wav's are here:
http://www.mediafire.com/guitarhack in the "Destroyer" Folder
(currently still uploading one file)

The MP3 Sample Clips, WAV's do not.

Krank reamp tracks are up. Didn't reference any mix, just took a shot in the dark.

Here is a sample with RAW guitars (no HP/LP, eq, etc...)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gktuzmdnj02

I thought people would prefer to download a sample rather than downloading all the WAV's and then realising that they didn't like the sound. :lol: A narrow cut around the 6400 mark removes a lot of the dreaded fizz.

Full Wav's are here:
http://www.mediafire.com/guitarhack in the "Destroyer" Folder
(currently still uploading one file)

The MP3 Sample Clips, WAV's do not.

thanks a lot for that - clips sound really good!
just out of interest what was your setup for the reamps?

i'll try get the .wavs uploaded on to the original server as well so everythings together in one place if thats cool with you?!

This should be better: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/307242/mix/darkershadesofgreenmaster3.mp3

I've used 2 Tracks 5150 (Sm57) and 2 Tracks of the Mesa. Both equally loud.

yeh sounding pretty decent - will be interesting to hear other peoples opinions on this if poss?! - ive listened to the actual track about 5 billion times now haha

can kinda pick up a slight HF buzz on the guitars in some places - think they're actually from my 5150 reamps - not sure if a little eq could remove some of that?? - i'll probably that a go when i get round to my mix...

only other thing i could suggest is maybe put a little reverb on the cleaner vocals at the end - kinda sounds quite dry as it is and you can pick out that bits pretty processed! again just suggestions- as I said its completely up to you guys what you wanna do with the mix! let me know what you think anyways!

http://www.box.net/shared/00m7zcmjpl

heres my quick go at the song

only about 1-2 hours work on it so far

addictive drums
revalver and logic 8 plug ins haha :)

not sure if im a fan of revalver yet though

G

oh and theres no vocals because i was concentrating on getting hte main mix right first :p

just realised that the snare is far far to high up in that

2nd attempt

http://www.box.net/shared/jddu5t7f3s

hey - yeh the first mix noticed the snare being far too high in the mix, second mix is a lot better. generally sounds really good - a couple of things i can notice which others might not....

Sounds like you used the midi drums? If so did you follow the midi map read me i put in the zip file? Something seems missing with one of the toms -not sure which one though. I think what was supposed to be the china cymbal you've put in as like a ride kinda sound, and the ride bell is a splash. I'd also see if could thicken up the tom sound a little?! Also as I mentioned before the song ends with a fade out but guess you could put that in along with the vox later on :)

Not sure if that cymbal you put in the at the start is intentional but I like it! But yeh sounding pretty decent so far - look forward to the one with the vox!

Anyone else have any thoughts on these mixes?!

hey - yeh the first mix noticed the snare being far too high in the mix, second mix is a lot better. generally sounds really good - a couple of things i can notice which others might not....

Sounds like you used the midi drums? If so did you follow the midi map read me i put in the zip file? Something seems missing with one of the toms -not sure which one though. I think what was supposed to be the china cymbal you've put in as like a ride kinda sound, and the ride bell is a splash. I'd also see if could thicken up the tom sound a little?! Also as I mentioned before the song ends with a fade out but guess you could put that in along with the vox later on :)

Not sure if that cymbal you put in the at the start is intentional but I like it! But yeh sounding pretty decent so far - look forward to the one with the vox!

Anyone else have any thoughts on these mixes?!

midi - yeah i did use the midi drums as i find it quicker to edit / mix when i have less time on my hands.
I didnt notice the read me as i was just in the frame of " new song, fucking play time" :p

i'll take what you've said into mind and post a new track later tonight if i get bored or tomorrow.

Also i might do a revalver vs line 6 see which one you like the sound of more.

Then finally i'll go to the vocals and have a play there.

Oh and yeah the beginning china hit was intentional :p I changed the drums slightly in the short break down you guys have so that the double pedal first time around followed the guitars perfectly and then 2nd time round lead the guitars if you get me.

G

midi - yeah i did use the midi drums as i find it quicker to edit / mix when i have less time on my hands.
I didnt notice the read me as i was just in the frame of " new song, fucking play time" :p

i'll take what you've said into mind and post a new track later tonight if i get bored or tomorrow.

Also i might do a revalver vs line 6 see which one you like the sound of more.

Then finally i'll go to the vocals and have a play there.

Oh and yeah the beginning china hit was intentional :p I changed the drums slightly in the short break down you guys have so that the double pedal first time around followed the guitars perfectly and then 2nd time round lead the guitars if you get me.

G

cool - yeh I reckon once you've made those amendments things should be sounding pretty tasty. anything you wanna play around with or try out for comparison/add in etc. is all fine with me. the things you've added in so far all work well anyway :) - think there might be just that last bar of drums where you've changed the pattern - might work better if you copy and paste one of the parts from that final end bit as they're all the same, just on a fade out

cool - yeh I reckon once you've made those amendments things should be sounding pretty tasty. anything you wanna play around with or try out for comparison/add in etc. is all fine with me. the things you've added in so far all work well anyway :) - think there might be just that last bar of drums where you've changed the pattern - might work better if you copy and paste one of the parts from that final end bit as they're all the same, just on a fade out

sure man i'll keep it in mind.

your band got a myspace or anything ?
the writing is really nice btw congratulate the guitarist for me on how tight the riffage is

Thanks G1, I tracked the guitars for all the tunes. David wrote basically everything. I just put my own spin on some of the leads....

Nice stuff dude.

I've given you an add on myspace btw.

new stuff tomorrow!

Gave this a couple of hours today, mixed Guitarhacks Krank with 2 tracks of my Fireball

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/407118/destroyer_freddrik mix.mp3

good work! really like some of the panning/layering stuff you've done work with the vox there... guitar tone also sounds impressive! will have a few more listens when i get a moment tomorrow sometime (can crank up the volume a little more then :headbang:) - only thing i can maybe add at the moment is just inorporating the fade out in there...

thanks - again, anyone elses feedback on these mixes would be appreciated aswell! :)

I'm gonna have to make a quick demand on the vox... VoxHigh and VoxLow tracks should always be panned center - these are the layered tracks and I want them in the same spot, for obvious reasons. Main1 and Main2 are teh main lines, and thus should be centered as well. I included a stereolows file as a really low growl panned hard l/r, use that for width/power in the sections it has it.

I hate to be a vocal nazi, but I wrote the stuff pretty specifically. Sorry!

Really cool songs you´ve got dudes, I like it a lot!

I´ve got some other stuff I have to finish, but I´ll definitely give this a go!