So I accidentally bought the disapproved DoDS reissue

Ssengnihton

New Metal Member
Apr 18, 2007
… with the “new” logo and ugly reaper on the cover.
Got it from a mailorder whose description said “label: No Fashion”, so I thought… well, that maybe No Fashion made another re-release or something.
Now what I received is that Black Lodge thing.

Of course I’m thinking about sending it back (haven’t opened the seal yet… difficult to resist because I wanted to listen to it of course)… *sigh*
What would you do? Send it back?
But damn I want this album!

I’ve been looking for Dance of December Souls for quite a while and haven’t found any other reissue (and of course not the original version either).
Is there any chance of a “proper” re-issue anytime soon?

Now start bashing the newbie for being so stupid (and for starting a topic which has been discussed already here) or just tell me what you would do.

first of all no one is going to bash the n00b for something that's not his fault
secondly
http://cgi.ebay.com/KATATONIA-Dance-Of-December-Souls-Ihva-Elohim-Meth-DI_W0QQitemZ180102036577QQihZ008QQcategoryZ307QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

thirdly you can keep it...even though it's not approved it's still great music and you buy the approved version additionaly or you can send it back ask for a refund and get your copy elsewhere.
now where I live the only DoDS that are sold are the black lodge jewl case and the black lodge digipack...you make the math

Actually I received my Discouraged Ones re-issue today and there was included a flyer which advertises the Peaceville re-issue of DoDS with..... the ugly reaper cover and the new logo! Now how did the guys approve of that?!

that was a misstake by the label's artwork department.
ofcourse it wont have that cover. we will continue in the "inverted colors" tradition of the originals. im writing liner notes to this release as we speak.

Your accident shall be forgiven. Redeem yourself with a donation to Katatonia, destroy the offending filth, and sacrifice three virgins to Satan under a full moon in the mists of autumn.

Got it from a mailorder whose description said “label: No Fashion”, so I thought… well, that maybe No Fashion made another re-release or something.

Of course I’m thinking about sending it back (haven’t opened the seal yet… difficult to resist because I wanted to listen to it of course)… *sigh*

I’ve been looking for Dance of December Souls for quite a while and haven’t found any other reissue (and of course not the original version either).

Now start bashing the newbie for being so stupid (and for starting a topic which has been discussed already here) or just tell me what you would do.

Don't be afraid dude we're friendly,plus we need newbies here...So welcome,but keep posting don't be a "one post" newbie;)

if it's not approved by the band I don't think they're getting any cash for it
I believe Black Lodge could release the album earlier under license and then the license expired and they continued making and selling the cd's against the law...
that's the rumor i heard and it's a pretty good reason to boycott a label.

Being the owner of the biggest collection of Katatonia artifacts in the world....I must admit I bought it.....for collections sake.....I also promised to bring it to the show and let Anders destroy it.....but I forgot it... I also have the original.....and if they commanded me to shove it up my ass....shit it out on a piece of cardboard and do some oldschool breakdancing on it....then I would.....but I dont think they would want me to go though all that....:puke::)

oh....and a big welcome to you as well....we are probably the most well behaved metal forum.....stick around man!

I also have the original.....and if they commanded me to shove it up my ass....shit it out on a piece of cardboard and do some oldschool breakdancing on it....then I would.....but I dont think they would want me to go though all that....:puke::)

now u just gave us more ideas for bonus footage on the upcoming dvd pal! :heh: