So I got the DJ @ my goth club play Lucretia My Reflection by Warrel

Dead_Lioness

Godless
May 31, 2002
Arlington, Virginia
Visit site
...and at least 10 people came to me after the song was playing and we all danced to it, and wanted to know who sang this awesome cover, and where did I get it... :kickass:

I made this DJ at the club a CD collection of good songs (that can also work for the club, more on the metal side..) and the first song he chose was that great cover.
Everyone loved it! Covers like this make me oh-so happy.

yes.

:erk: I didn't find it to be a good cover at all, and it's certainly not a song I would/could dance to... but then again you said 'goth' club so that explains a lot.

Ha!

As soon as I saw "Undefined" as the last post in this thread, I knew it was gonna be something nasty.

Thanks for being predictable, Joe :kickass:

How is it nasty? I really don't find it to be a good cover, kind of a downer on an overall awesome CD. And I have never been to a 'goth' club, but I know that metal and rock in general are not that great at parties or club to dance to. Good rap and dance/house ftw in those situation. But to each their own, someone has to agree that metal sucks for party music.

Yes%2CVirginia%2CThereIsASantaClausClipping.jpg

How is it nasty? I really don't find it to be a good cover, kind of a downer on an overall awesome CD. And I have never been to a 'goth' club, but I know that metal and rock in general are not that great at parties or club to dance to. Good rap and dance/house ftw in those situation. But to each their own, someone has to agree that metal sucks for party music.

So honestly then, what are you adding to the thread other than your fevered ego and so-called opinion? You're insulting the song, you're insulting K's choice of nighttime pastime, and NOW you're trying to bring it into a discussion of if metal works at parties?

There you go, Joe! Bring up a topic of discussion once in a while, not a holier-than-thou condemning of everyone's tastes and opinions!

And shave that stupid beard while you're at it, babyface.

Good rap and dance/house ftw in those situation.

Close. Good rap rarely get's played in clubs, occasionally. It's usually gonna be that "If you wild, do the Stanky Layyyg" type of rap. T-Pain shit, or poppy what Beyonce's doing.

Then some really awesome house music "juuust daaaaance, I've had a little bit too muuuuuch, o o o o"

Close. Good rap rarely get's played in clubs, occasionally. It's usually gonna be that "If you wild, do the Stanky Layyyg" type of rap. T-Pain shit, or poppy what Beyonce's doing.

Then some really awesome house music "juuust daaaaance, I've had a little bit too muuuuuch, o o o o"

Hey, if they played the Stanky Leg at the places I go, you bet your ass I'd be dancin' on tha flo'!

Sometimes I'm in the mood for some minimal techno or dubstep if I'm ever out at the clubs, but I'm a bar guy. Bars mean rock. That's just my styyyle.

And as far as metal at parties go, usually modern metal is trash (there's nothing that dries out girls panties faster than Pro Tooled modern bullshit), but the old school thrash, death metal, punk, etc. played at the right time can really blow things up--in the best way possible.