So i love Katatonia... What now??

daimonion

Jan 6, 2004
I started listening to Katatonia in november. Since then I've gotten all of their cds, and still want more! I haven't really heard any bands like Katatonia, and was wondering if you guys on this board have any good advice as to what to check out next. It doesn't have to be any copy-cats, but something in the same vein that gives you some of the same feeling.

Thine you said? Which is their best album?
I've heard My dying bride ofcourse. Very good band. Also heard the new one songs of darkness, words of light. And it f***ing kills!

I would Recommend "Rapture - Songs For The Withering" - Very much in the style of the old Katatonia (without reaching their dizzy heights of course ;) )

AND HEY!!! HERE'S ANOTHER ONE WHO*S GOT "SONGS OF DARKNESS, WORDS OF LIGHT"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEY HEY HEY!!! GIMME GIMME GIMME NOWWWWWWWWWWW!

daimonion said:
I started listening to Katatonia in november. Since then I've gotten all of their cds, and still want more! I haven't really heard any bands like Katatonia, and was wondering if you guys on this board have any good advice as to what to check out next.

Kill yourself!

daimonion said:
Thine you said? Which is their best album?
I don´t know really. I love "In therapy", but I´ve only heard one track from their debut, "A town like this". The song, "This town", is really good and I think it has better vocals! It´s not easy to get the hands on that album, though.

Also, they are working on a new album, tentatively titled "The dead city blueprint". Chech their website, http://www.thine-online.com for more info!