Solens Rötter release date

if its any help. å should sound like something halfway between A and O in french. Or also very similar to the icelandic ó.

A and O in french with canadian(quebecan) accent you mean...it's quite different from the traditional french pronounciation...I'm sure you know that.

I watched a french canadian show about a bunch of kids who formed a union for mcdonnald's workers and their pronounciation for the word "pas"(french negation) sounded just like swedish på

From the Napalm site:

With Solens Rötter, or "The Origin of the Sun", the band returns to its roots, deeply anchored within traditional Nordic soundscapes, and further strengthening them by blending in the elements that modern Metal has to offer. The ever-so-present Folk influence, including flute, harp, and violin arrangements, merges skillfully with the technical prowess of both drummer, guitarist, and session/live bassist Johan Lindgren to create poignant and versatile songs that can only be the work of VINTERSORG. An eloquent symbiosis of hymn-like passages, cold Black Metal, and Nordic music, crowned by Vintersorg's impressive vocals that prefer to focus this time around on nature and its poetic language than on the scientific perspectives of previous releases.

Sounds killer! :Smokin:

Nidhögg;5932101 said:
From the Napalm site:

With Solens Rötter, or "The Origin of the Sun", the band returns to its roots, deeply anchored within traditional Nordic soundscapes, and further strengthening them by blending in the elements that modern Metal has to offer. The ever-so-present Folk influence, including flute, harp, and violin arrangements, merges skillfully with the technical prowess of both drummer, guitarist, and session/live bassist Johan Lindgren to create poignant and versatile songs that can only be the work of VINTERSORG. An eloquent symbiosis of hymn-like passages, cold Black Metal, and Nordic music, crowned by Vintersorg's impressive vocals that prefer to focus this time around on nature and its poetic language than on the scientific perspectives of previous releases.

Sounds killer! :Smokin:

Sounds killer indeed!
Yet it doesen't sound like anything that Mr. V has spoken of earlier. He has clearly stated many times that Solens Rötter wont be a "Till Fjälls/Ödemarkens Son 2" and Napalm's description sounds exactly like that... I am suspicious regarding this info and will remain so until the man himself states otherwise...:confused:

well, the å sounds like the spanish O? in some Vintersorg songs, Mr V proununciates like that

ex:

sång = spanish: song
går = spanish : gor (?)
härnadståg = spanish hernadstog (?)

I think the spanish proununciation is very closer to the swedish except for the 3 additional letters: ö, ä and å, not included in the spanish vocabulary and some others like u (iu), j (i), etc...... I don't have so much problems to sing and to pronunciate the Vintersorg songs and words...

Yet it doesen't sound like anything that Mr. V has spoken of earlier. He has clearly stated many times that Solens Rötter wont be a "Till Fjälls/Ödemarkens Son 2" and Napalm's description sounds exactly like that... I am suspicious regarding this info and will remain so until the man himself states otherwise...:confused:

I'm thinking the same... Maybe the guys on Napalm thinks SR is a huge approach to the TF or ÖS times, but Mr V doesn't...

If the songs are similar like TF or ÖS I'll be happy for a long long time xP

well, the å sounds like the spanish O? in some Vintersorg songs, Mr V proununciates like that

ex:

sång = spanish: song
går = spanish : gor (?)
härnadståg = spanish hernadstog (?)

I think the spanish proununciation is very closer to the swedish except for the 3 additional letters: ö, ä and å, not included in the spanish vocabulary and some others like u (iu), j (i), etc...... I don't have so much problems to sing and to pronunciate the Vintersorg songs and words...

i suppose everyone can adapt the pronunciation to his own language, i mean, i'm italian and if i have to write down the prounciation of härnadståg i would write exactly hernadstog as borkanagar did (spanish and italian are very similar), but for an english speaker probably would be different.
for example in swedish there are groups of letters that sound exactly like other italian groups of letters, with different writing of course...for example:
stjärn=sciern so "stj" is similar to the italian "sc" (we have a soft sound if sc is associated with soft vowels like i and e, we have an harder sound with a,o,u similar to swedish skald=scald). and it was very funny reading in my little swedish-italian dictionary the traslation of some italian words into a swedish pronunciation, for example: ombrello (umbrella) was written something like åmbrellå.

Nidhögg;5932101 said:
From the Napalm site:

SAMPLE! SAMPLE!:loco:

i suppose everyone can adapt the pronunciation to his own language, i mean, i'm italian and if i have to write down the prounciation of härnadståg i would write exactly hernadstog as borkanagar did (spanish and italian are very similar), but for an english speaker probably would be different.
for example in swedish there are groups of letters that sound exactly like other italian groups of letters, with different writing of course...for example:
stjärn=sciern so "stj" is similar to the italian "sc" (we have a soft sound if sc is associated with soft vowels like i and e, we have an harder sound with a,o,u similar to swedish skald=scald). and it was very funny reading in my little swedish-italian dictionary the traslation of some italian words into a swedish pronunciation, for example: ombrello (umbrella) was written something like åmbrellå.

Sure. Italian is very similar to the spanish... I think the people who his native language is english could have more troubles than us with the proununciation, but talking about the vocabulary they could have some advantages. there's a lot of swedish words very similar to english, even the proununciation it's the same or very closer, but the written way is different, like sök- seek

in general you're right but the example you gave "stjärn" doesn't fit the case
since stjärn is pronounced (in english) styern and not shern but the italian sc certainly applies to most sk kö kä tj sj in swedish...it's really easy to explain in russian since it has 2 different letters for hard and soft sh(in english) sounds...the easiest way to explain it is "something between sh and ch"

edit: my mistake, stjärn is pronounced shern

Solens Rötter

Bravo:D I was just going to say 'This all really has a lot to do with the release date of Solens Rötter'.

Lazy people.:/ Why not open a new topic or something? Nothing personal, it just sucks that I get excited about every post in this thread (expecting some more news about the album or whatever) and then I get something totally off topic.:/ It's obvious that you're having an interesting discussion, but still... it wouldn't hurt to start a separate topic about it.

211vintersorg.jpg
Not that large, but anyway...
1.Döpt i en Jökelsjö05:25
2.Perfektionisten04:17
3.Spirar och Gror06:32
4.Kosmosaik05:31
5.Idétemplet04:52
6.Naturens Mystär05:00
7.Att Bygga en Ruin05:29
8.Strålar05:10
9.Från Materia Till Ande05:48
10.Vad Aftonvindens Andning Viskar04:49
Total playing time52:53

Couldn't find the complete tracklisting on V-official nor on Napalm Records' site, but it was available on Metal-Archives. This definitly means that the record is to be found somewhere on the internet.
Anyhow, a cool thing that I just have to mention here is of course the title of the first track; "Döpt I En Jökelsjö". This is also the title of that old piece of lyrics that Mr. V wrote sometime between "Ödemarkens Son" and "Cosmic Genesis" and was intended to be used for the song "Astral And Arcane" before it was turned into English lyrics. I wonder if still is the same lyrics...? If so, here it is (copied from the old .txt-file I found on my cpu):

Döpt i en jökelsjö

Isvind, frostvind i armodsbunden skrud
En ljudfylld fristad åt vinterrikets sändebud
Han som föddes under polstjärnan, i sträng köld
Under stormslitna skarvidders gnistrande sköld

Elementens symboliska avbild,
Den dödskallevita snögestalt
Med norrskensblicken flammande vild,
Som blixtrar i samklang med allt

Vishjärtad och med skuldror som alpkedjor vida,
Det äventyrsalstrande landskapets medelpunkt
Med istidsdraken "Fader jökul" vid sin sida,
Omgedd av kristallklart vatten som krusas lugnt

Döpt i en jökelsjö,
Skåda högfjällscermonin!
Med glaciärvärldens deltaö
Välvd i periferin
En vintrig kröningsrit
Med vinden som poet
Fjättrar denna eremit
I sin universalitet

En stjärnkarta står ristad på hans rygg
Av drakens frostklor, som stillsam och skygg
Väser dess sprickbildning i ett underligt kvad,
Den ohörda klagan, som ett oskrivit titelblad

Dopfunten, en vak i glaciärskorpans yta,
Stormen tjänar som energisk psalm
Knäböjd på frusen bädd ses han flyta,
På solmejslade block, på vattenkristallers malm

Iskolosser påbyggs varje sekund och minut
Det arktiska kungadömets monark ligger stolt
Hans karga rike verkar segra till slut
Över den likbleka solens trevande revolt.

Döpt i en jökelsjö,
Skåda högfjällscermonin!
Med glaciärvärldens deltaö
Välvd i periferin
En vintrig kröningsrit
Med vinden som poet
Fjättrar denna eremit
I sin universalitet

Written by Vintersorg

Oh, how I adore those beautiful lines. Can't wait to hear this record - I have a feeling it's going to be a true masterpiece!

BTW - I found the tracklisting at -> http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=147964