'Something good happened today' <--You? Post here!

I just got a phone call from the company where I went to my last job interview. I am going there on monday to discuss my eventual employment in a time-limited project. The job I originally applied for is still vacant, the process of finding the right person and compiling the actual job description will take a lot longer they said. They didnt want to lose contact with me, and they said i had great references so I think I've got this project employment if I want it.

Something EXCELLENT will happen today at 16:00.
My vacation starts at that point, 5 weeks of utter silence on
the phone part of my life or at least calls I wanna take, I have
been so pooped the last 2 weeks it's not even funny.

Dark_Jester said:
Press-pass? Does that mean you have full backstage privileges? If so, congrats :D

Thanks :) I can´t go everywhere, (that would be an Access All Areas Pass) but a bit more than the "normal" visitor. Besides, I pay with my writing and not with money :D And... passes are just cool ;)

yeah, I see that lots of good things seem to happen to everyone, luck to everybody =)

Something good happend!

I found a warm place in the PC Pool - it`s very frosty in the other part of the room ... Iceland has moved ;)

Now my fingers doesn`t have to be cut of the mouse anymore! :hotjump:

@Dan: congrats. The best of luck for you in getting the job.

@LadyCal: haven't seen you around in a while (or maybe I've been under my rock and dreaming too much). WB.

My good news: I got to see an awesome Coldplay concert on tv. I taped it so yay. (I don't have the latest release yet; I keep on buying metal CDs).

I also got the results of an IQ test I did back. For what it's worth, they say my IQ is way above average (higher than that of a university degree graduate). I thought it was average, so I'm pleasantly surprised. Now that I know I'm way smart, here comes my plan for world domination. :D j/k

Miolo said:
today i met rahvin by accident. but he disappeared. :cry:
'member that cappuccino i was sort-of holding when you met me? well, half of it ended on my shirt and pants, due to extreme hotness of the subject and extreme clumsiness of the other subject. i couldn't bear staying in front of your fellow students looking like something that crawled out of a bog. :erk:

edit: btw, how can you be home already? last (and only) time i went to your place it took me three hundred thousand years. and i met you no more than 90mins ago, and you were knee-deep in university bureaucracy.

friday came again. hurrah! i get to hang out with my best friend tomorrow. hurrah hurrah! i can spend all night on the couch in front of the tv. hurrah hurrah hurrah!

damn, i love fridays.

rahvin said:
edit: btw, how can you be home already? last (and only) time i went to your place it took me three hundred thousand years. and i met you no more than 90mins ago, and you were knee-deep in university bureaucracy.
it's teh power of summer. with yesterday being a holiday, the schools closed and what not, the town is almost empty. it took 10 minutes from uni to home, which is, in fact, a world record. :D

let's hope i can replicate when i leave my office in about 45'. i have a semi-meeting with a teacher from the u, to go get a coffee somewhere, but i'm all hayfeverish and sick so i'll just head for home. it's impressive the number of appointments i don't want to keep these days.

cooking dinner for v. nice guy tomorrow. and hoping not to be hung over in the morning, too.

@rahvin: ouch. please do make an effort. please, do.