Song Survivor - Morbid Angel - Blessed are the Sick round 1

Vote for the 3 weakest tracks on Blessed are the Sick

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At least I didn't vote for Fall From Grace.

It was a tough choice, the entire album is great. I only voted for it cause it narrowly lost out to the other tracks.

Haha no, there are definitely weaker ones. But I have a firm top 3.

This one is turning out to be more interesting than I imagined actually. Clearly few people who have voted agree with my favourite tracks.

Seeing “Fall From Grace” live is probably the highlight of my concert times. As well as a couple of Slayer songs.

Fall from Grace is just abut MA's "Victim of Changes" imo.

That being said, a lot of people here have argued that Victim of Changes isn't even Priest's "Victim of Changes".

I might have to purchase that long sleeve t-shirt you posted CiG. Goddamit! I’ve spent a fortune recently on CDs and other music related stuff. Also eyeing up the Slumber of Sullen Eyes and Nespithe hoodies!

Reactions: CiG
I’ve been thinking Candlemass, either of the first two. Or Slayer Hell Awaits. I usually go off what albums got a lot of votes on the yearly threads because then people actually vote. Kinda want to do A Blaze in the Northern Sky as well.

Reactions: CiG
I'm cool with all of those choices, especially Hell Awaits and A Blaze in the Northern Sky.

I'm considering doing a one off song survivor of my own, Realm of Chaos. Already a few games going though so I'll put it in my back pocket.

Reactions: Phylactery
Also Ride the Lightning! Because I think my favourites from that album are pretty different to what most people would vote for. I absolutely adore the title track for example.

Feels disconnected, in a bad way. I guess it's largely the poor drumming, he doesn't play to the riffs at all, like there's some cool twisty riffage but often he just blasts over it
I agree but at least Fall from Grace has that while the title track doesn't and just plods along.

I have never heard Pete Sandoval’s drumming referred to as poor. You both need to clean your ears out. He’s always been one of the most tasteful blasters out there imo. Never just blasts for the sake of it. The only criticism I can think of is that it doesn’t sound as forceful as on Altars of Madness. But that has more to do with the production than the drumming itself.

I don't like the production of the album, but from the many times I saw Morbid Angel live playing that one, I would say it's pretty good.

If they ever jump on the full-albums-live bandwagon I'd give the album another shot that way.

Voted for the title track, Abominations & The Ancient Ones.

Can't believe HBB called Pete Sandoval's drumming on Fall From Grace "poor". Wtf are you smokin' man?

It's probably technically fine or whatever, he does all sorts of stuff on it, it's a busy song, but there's not an ounce of groove to be found. It's more soulless than most modern tech-death that gets the same criticism.

I agree but at least Fall from Grace has that while the title track doesn't and just plods along.

The songs are adjacent to each other in my autistic track ratings list. I could probably relisten and agree with you.

Reactions: jimmy101