Songs from the s/t cd..your feedback requested!

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
I spoke to MJR a bit earlier today, & it seems that while they may not redo the entire s/t cd after all, they may rerecord some of the songs while they work on recording a new cd instead, & release them as an EP or some such thing. Bear in mind, this is all a MAYBE right now, nothing is set in stone.

That said, Mike wanted me to ask what songs ya'll would want them to redo from the first cd if they didn't redo the whole cd..say if you had to choose five or six songs, which ones would you choose?

actually, i agree with everything dado said except shades of grey... i don't know why but this song makes me want to vomit... i think this is the one thing that russ couldn't possibly make any better.

theodyssey said:
actually, i agree with everything dado said except shades of grey... i don't know why but this song makes me want to vomit... i think this is the one thing that russ couldn't possibly make any better.
That song is just too tr00 and kVlt that people have a hard time to stomach it. :D

i guess only real symX fans "get it" huh??? :D

Just something about that song... drives into my brain... ugh. Bad times. It's one of the few songs that i have actually physically cringed while listening to it.

theodyssey said:
i guess only real symX fans "get it" huh??? :D
Uhm yeah, like totally!! That song is only for tr00 underground X-ers with it's deep nihilistic and philosophical meaning that can be understood by us, the musical elite. Posers will never get it!!!
[/bullshit mode]

Too each his own, I guess. :cool:

LOL!!!! That's totally awesome. I guess i have to totally immerse myself in all that is X to truely understand the genius that is Shades of Grey *cue awe-inspiring chords*

I go with Dado's list, including "Shades of Grey". I am curious to see what Russ would do with it. It would be a challenge for them if they're up for it...could just blow us all away. I don't underestimate their talent and creativity. :Spin:

Shades of Grey
Shades of Grey (club remix)
Shades of Grey (orchestral instrumental version)
Shades of Grey (house/trance version)
Shades of Grey (Latin dance remix)

ProgMetalFan said:
Shades of Grey
:worship:
Don't forget Shades of Grey ethno/folk version for the Albanian market.

ProgMetalFan said:
Shades of Grey

You forgot: Shades of Grey (karaoke version)

But anyway, Absinthe and Rue, for sure.

Does it make me any less of an X-er if I've never heard the self titled album before? Well, I listened to the clips at the website, and holy crap I won't even comment on the vocals :loco: ...anyway, I thought Raging Season totally sounded like Queen :D so they should do that one. And the cool guitar lick I heard on Premonition made me want to vote that one too. But basically any song they do will be fine with me :cool:

sorry guys,,, but I believe ANY song Russ sings would be AWESOME!!:OMG:

But here's my list

Premonition
Absinthe and Rue
Shades Of Grey
Taunting the Notorious
A lesson before Dying