songs SX should cover

dargormudshark

Sep 25, 2003
houston,Tx
www.dreamspaceonline.com
I was listening to Queen's Princes of the Universe the other day and I thought that this would be an awesome cover for SX to do. I was wondering what some other people thought about them actually covering that song. Maybe the guys will see it and give it some thought, If i'm right they like Queen quite a bit. I have always thought that the heavy stuff was real Queen and Rainbow stuff influenced and the Epic stuff was influenced Kansas. I think it would also be cool to hear them do some Kansas too.

i think symx should cover the following songs:

DNR - Testament
Hook in Mouth - Megadeth
Seasons in the Abyss - Slayer
Everything is Nothing - Sentenced
The Grand Grimoir - God Dethroned
A Moment of Clairity - Death

The whole of jeff waynes "the war of the worlds" cd.

It would be perfect for them to do.

*drools*

ULAHAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

theodyssey said:
i think symx should cover the following songs:

DNR - Testament
Hook in Mouth - Megadeth
Seasons in the Abyss - Slayer
Everything is Nothing - Sentenced
The Grand Grimoir - God Dethroned
A Moment of Clairity - Death

Them covering the sentenced song might be kind of interesting. Even though I am not a big Death fan It would still be intersting hear I think.

A Kansas epic ("Song for America" comes to mind) would be ideal to cover... sort of a "hats off" to one of the band's biggest influences.

By the way, about the Queen talk... the chorus of "Church of the Machine" has Queen written all over it, I think. It's quite safe to say Mercury & co. have been one of the major influences of SX... I can also hear a glimpse of John Deacon in Miller's playing every now and then!

I think they soulh cover Rainbows "Gates of Babylon"...i always imagine SX playin that tune when i hear it...its just so right...

M.

Symphony X cover Slayer and Megadeth? That seems a little bit of a stretch, especially "Hook in Mouth". It just seems like it's not SX's style.

TotenMitMacht said:
Symphony X cover Slayer and Megadeth? That seems a little bit of a stretch, especially "Hook in Mouth". It just seems like it's not SX's style.

So Six Feet under can do Jimi Hendrix and slayer can do iron butterfly, but I suggest symphony x playing something different and you question me? How dare you.

I know they were going to do a cover cd for the fanclub.. but I didnt get to join that yet to find out if it eventuated yet. Before I wasnt in a position to join, now that I am, I'm thinking its already half way through the year and I'm about 6 months too late so I dont know if I should join yet or wait until next year.

Anyway, there was already talks of the cover cd before.

One song they should do,

Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
( seeing they are quite good at multivocalstuff and romeo could crank that guitar solo up a little , some neoclassical stuff here and there.... ;) )

and maybe "the Musical Box" by Genesis
( I don't know if it is one of their primary influences but It would be damn intresting hearing them cover that.)

SilentRealm said:
Anyway, there was already talks of the cover cd before.

Hence the reason for the answers I gave

And I think sfu and slayer are hardly morons. Anyone who has influenced as many bands as they have, regardless of if you like them or not, definitely are doing something right. Progsnob.

hit me baby one more time- britney spears

I think this would be a hilarious cover. And russel could do go all crazy at the end as he does in wicked

Give me a SiiiiiIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiinIIIiIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIiIiIGGGGGNNNNNNN
hit me baby ooooonnnnneeee mooooorrrreeooeeeore tiiiiiiIIIIIIIIiiiiiiimmmmee:)

theodyssey said:
Hence the reason for the answers I gave

And I think sfu and slayer are hardly morons. Anyone who has influenced as many bands as they have, regardless of if you like them or not, definitely are doing something right. Progsnob.

To each his own.

I am not a progsnob I like Bad Company, Ac/Dc and a bunch of other stuff that is extremely overrated and kind of lacks musicianship.

Wicked Inferno said:
hit me baby one more time- britney spears

I think this would be a hilarious cover. And russel could do go all crazy at the end as he does in wicked

Give me a SiiiiiIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiinIIIiIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIiIiIGGGGGNNNNNNN
hit me baby ooooonnnnneeee mooooorrrreeooeeeore tiiiiiiIIIIIIIIiiiiiiimmmmee:)

I agree. Romeo should also add a trademark legato tapping solo in the bridge.