Soundtrack of your life

Hannu--

maybe these?
"Self Esteem" by The Offspring and "Where the Slime Live" by Morbid Angel? (both are grrreat songs!!)

I also found the other two already mentioned, but can't think of the fifth...

Originally posted by Hannu Mutanen
Bingo, correct, onneksi olkoon! So, now we have but the last one to discover. (A nod to the so-called avant-gardists here...)

Woo! I rule! :)

To the original post:
I don't care about the lyrics that much, so I'll just list the top5 songs that have musically been the most important songs of my life:

Kreator / "Terrible Certainty" --- changed my life. i wasn't into ANY music before i heard this song.
Kreator / "When the Sun Burns Red" --- my favorite songs of all time. never fails to cheer me up at least a little bit, when i'm feeling down.
Megadeth / "Holy Wars..." --- one of my favorite songs ever. so powerful. great lyrics as well.

well.. I'll leave it to those three. :)

Alone - Amorphis
True Belief - Paradise Lost
Crown of Sympathy = My Dying Bride
Lost Control- ANathema
at loss for words- Dark Tranquillity

Originally posted by dill_the_devil
"Three Libras" by A Perfect Circle - at the time I really, really liked a girl who really wasn't interested in me at all, but I didn't realise that until after I'd been egged on by friends to tell her how I feel and ask her out. I was promptly knocked back. So when I heard Maynard singing 'I threw you the obvious and you flew with it on your back', I felt he was singing my song.

yeah i love that song although id prefer the lyric Save, instead of see, in the you dont, you dont, you dont, save me. oh well its good anyway.

Exit Music would have to be there,

Losong my religion

In the arms of sleep - smashing pumpkins

Raindrops and sunshowers - smashing pumpkins

sacred and profane - SP

Daphne descends - SP

oops, ive shosen loads of SP, oh well

Paranoid Android - Radiohead (well actually most of ok computer, and the bends, and about 5 songs of kid A, and then creep.)

sorry, for choosing too many

"Three Libras" by APC.. I think this song got a lot of people in the same way. Maynard has a way with lyrics (as does Trent Reznor) that allows a lot of listeners to associate very closely with the music. It's mainstream, but it's good music. Talented and challenging.

Thanks for mentioning it, dill_the_devil.. :)

Arcturus-Painting my horror

Yes, that is correct! Well done, Melancholia.

Well, I have to congratulate the lot of you! You did much better than I expected.. (even though I expected problems with "Self esteem", mostly... and with Pink Floyd thrown in there to lead some astray, perhaps.)