The Soundtrack Of My Life...

Luz

Cowgirl From Hell
Oct 18, 2004
Alcoholocaust Land.
www.opeth.com
I want to share with the rest of you, when was the first time I listened to Opeth.
When my best friend introduced me into the “Opeth World”, was 5 or 6 years ago I think.
He lended me My Arms, Your Hearse... and what can I say about that beautiful record? I was completely astonishing. Nice mellow parts, an incredible violence and screams, desperation and sadness, the necessity of claming for help -and finally- an exquisite voice made for make you cry like a baby until you fall asleep.
I’ve found (with total honesty) the soundtrack of my life.
Every person in life has the same and stupid ups and downs, and we spend the whole life trying to be happy, trying to find the love of our lives and if we can: start a family. Others find happiness helping poor people. Other people adjust their lives with simple things (like me) And that’s life, very simple, but really really hard to get on well with.
Opeth is like life itself, has every condiment, has every tear shed for the moon and stars, has every shadow; that ones who are hiding in the night awaiting for someone to rescue. Has a feeling with each one of us because we are all different, but we meet in the same point. Even if we think different, our way of feel music it’s the same.
When I’ve heard that record my search came to an end. It was like I’ve finally found myself.
I was so desperate... I couldn’t share it as much as I wish because the words are not invented yet, and it’s so personal that hurts, hope you’ll undestand this.
I was so lost and sad, maybe disgusted with myself that my life was becoming a living hell. Of course Opeth, did not save my life because if I say it I would be a completely idiot, but they transported me to an imaginary life... to a magic world where I can be what I want, and believe me, that’s amazing to me, visualize a different reality sometimes is the best option, trying to fly to another world, with my own laws, my natural flaws, but with a smile on my face.
That’s why I love this band, because I have learned that sometimes when I think I must be the only person in this earth who feel this kind of things, I’m not the only, not anymore.
So this is the soundtrack of my life: My arms, your hearse.
Maybe some of you will think that I am the most pathetic girl on earth, but this is me. Ignore it or not, it’s me.
Thanks for have spent a few seconds reading this and thanks for understand English, it is not my native languaje.

Luz.-

I'm from the USA. I've have chatted with a few Argentinans and find them a very passionate people that attach deep meaning to their lives no matter how simple. Hey, thanks for sharing your feelings about Opeth's music. I'm sure the guys in Opeth will be touched by your post if they get a chance to read it.

One of my favorite quotes and don't know where it comes from: "Never regret what someone else told you to do."

Peace! Keep it long! :wave:

God, if you hadn't written that you are female, some idiots would soon commence joking about how pathetic you are.

I have a question: Why is a single concept record the soundtrack of your life?

After reading your post, I'd say Opeth's whole discography is more like the soundtrack of your life, not just MAYH, because, it's ..well.. a concept.

Sure, you can relate to the main character but those 'shadows' you referred to, they do partly apply to that record but the whole opeth discography offers you more shadows...

eck... I hope you get what I'm trying to say .. it's late and I'm german, I am sorry.

Yeah Longinus, maybe I would say that the whole discography IS the soundtrack of my life, but that one is more than special to me because it came in a certain part of my life. Of course I understood what you said, cheers friend.

\m/

Luz.-

Luz said:
I want to share with the rest of you, when was the first time I listened to Opeth.
When my best friend introduced me into the “Opeth World”, was 5 or 6 years ago I think.
He lended me My Arms, Your Hearse... and what can I say about that beautiful record? I was completely astonishing. Nice mellow parts, an incredible violence and screams, desperation and sadness, the necessity of claming for help -and finally- an exquisite voice made for make you cry like a baby until you fall asleep.
I’ve found (with total honesty) the soundtrack of my life.
Every person in life has the same and stupid ups and downs, and we spend the whole life trying to be happy, trying to find the love of our lives and if we can: start a family. Others find happiness helping poor people. Other people adjust their lives with simple things (like me) And that’s life, very simple, but really really hard to get on well with.
Opeth is like life itself, has every condiment, has every tear shed for the moon and stars, has every shadow; that ones who are hiding in the night awaiting for someone to rescue. Has a feeling with each one of us because we are all different, but we meet in the same point. Even if we think different, our way of feel music it’s the same.
When I’ve heard that record my search came to an end. It was like I’ve finally found myself.
I was so desperate... I couldn’t share it as much as I wish because the words are not invented yet, and it’s so personal that hurts, hope you’ll undestand this.
I was so lost and sad, maybe disgusted with myself that my life was becoming a living hell. Of course Opeth, did not save my life because if I say it I would be a completely idiot, but they transported me to an imaginary life... to a magic world where I can be what I want, and believe me, that’s amazing to me, visualize a different reality sometimes is the best option, trying to fly to another world, with my own laws, my natural flaws, but with a smile on my face.
That’s why I love this band, because I have learned that sometimes when I think I must be the only person in this earth who feel this kind of things, I’m not the only, not anymore.
So this is the soundtrack of my life: My arms, your hearse.
Maybe some of you will think that I am the most pathetic girl on earth, but this is me. Ignore it or not, it’s me.
Thanks for have spent a few seconds reading this and thanks for understand English, it is not my native languaje.

Luz.-

Thats cool, I know what you mean about the imaginary life thing

Well, Blind Guardian still sucks and Edguy is still just decent.

What's your favorite MAYH track luz?

I would have to say is When...
When transports me every time I hear it (I've been listening more than 9870 times I think for the last 6 years) The last part is so beautiful...you feel like you are beyond help... When can I take you from this place? Damn... I cry everytime when I hear it.
Also April Ethereal is great or Demon Of The Fall... but I have to say WHEN is my fave track.
And what's your fave track?

\m/
Luz.-

Another smart person has arrived!

Well then again I don't know you at all so I should just stop, but I agree with the thing you said about people all wanting the same basic things but taking life differently... no one seems to understand that anymore.

Well I'm agree with you, If you're not understand that basic things in general, maybe that kind of people don't give a shit about anything and anyone. I know exactly what does it means, and if you understand it you are a simple human who seeks that little things in life preparing you to be a person with values, a grown up person, an adult.
Cheers for been so different to the rest.
\m/
Luz.-

Thanks for the touching story. Music is very powerful and I'm happy to see it touch someone else's life. Especially since it is Opeth! 'When' is a great song on a great album.

@Luz: Hell yeah! I completely agree with you about My Arms, Your Hearse. This is a terribly emotional album for me at times (see my thread), including now, and sometimes (including now) it is almost painful to listen to. To clarify a bit, I'll just say there's a girl I really like, but I can't do anything about it right now for reasons I won't go into, so I'm kind of stuck. So the lyrics and everything on this album is just very personal to me. I think one of the most intense, or heartbreaking, parts for me is in Karma, when the music stops except for Mikael's 'Ahhhh', and then the music comes back in, but slower and so much sadder. And then his scream right there... m~_~m Ah, man, that whole song (that's definitely the 'clencher' song for me on that album... it just builds up to that song).

So yeah, \m/ T_T MAYH T_T \m/ !

Ryan

My favorite is actually the amen corner. But it's an album full of hits, so the quality never drops, not even with credence because of the song's lyrics.

Wow! I've never thought it would be like this, ever!
Thanks for everyone who have share that little things...
And...Fuck... I've never realized people would like that simple parts like "Karma" (Hell...I REALLY thought I was the only one...LOL)
Cerveza (Es verdad, los argentinos somos así)
Thanks for the candid words of each one of you, you are great. Maybe this is the first time that I have an unique feeling with all of you.
Sadly in another communities between chileans, mexicans and argentinians throws shit, and anyone respect the things that people have to say because they didn't have respect and they must think they are the only people in the earth who have the right to say what's wrong or what's right.
So, I'm glad to say right now I'm in a better place, with good people. (It's good to know about another nationalities, culture, etc)

A big THANK YOU to all...

\m/

Luz.-