The Soundtrack Of My Life...

nice thread, but hasnt everyone at one point agreed with My Arms, Your Hearse? i know i have before.

Luz tiene fallos gramaticales típicos de alguien que habla español como lengua materna; por ejemplo. "I'm agree with you" = "Estoy de acuerdo contigo." I could've guessed you spoke Spanish as a mother tongue. Opeth's music is very emotional as a whole but I would have to go for "The Night and the Silent Water" as the most touching song of them all. I understand Mikael doen't like playing it live: my father died like ten months ago and I can hardly listen to it anymore. That song makes me feel like crying. My Arms, Your Hearse makes me fucking agressive! ARHGRGRHGHG!

Ay, ay ay....yo he olvidado demasiado español....
I think its cool that Opeth has touched you like that though; I cant say i feel the same way about MAYH (which lets remember is a concept album), but ive sure had my moments. I think it was listening to Godhead's Lament that i first had any real connection....just the way that after so much hate and pain-inspired lyrics it breaks into these soaring guitars and a lyrical moment that rates up there with the top of any song - it just transports you, this amazing gush of emotion that gets me every time, no matter how prepared i think i am.
To me, Opeth was a revelation in discovering that such feeling can be found in such a form - that beauty, anger, sadness, love, hate, happiness and a plethora of others can all be found co-existing next to each other. I guess that might sort of be how you mean that its 'the soundtrack to your life', that if you think of this music as more than just lyrics sung to music, it really does reflect back on the juxtapositions in life. Beauty in darkness. Id never known that that could work before Opeth....

ps. I dig what you say about the escapism of Opeth.
pps. Heh, maybe you should just speak spanish; seems like plenty of us understand it anyway

the_3_toed_sloth said:
Ay, ay ay....yo he olvidado demasiado español....
I think its cool that Opeth has touched you like that though; I cant say i feel the same way about MAYH (which lets remember is a concept album), but ive sure had my moments. I think it was listening to Godhead's Lament that i first had any real connection....just the way that after so much hate and pain-inspired lyrics it breaks into these soaring guitars and a lyrical moment that rates up there with the top of any song - it just transports you, this amazing gush of emotion that gets me every time, no matter how prepared i think i am.
To me, Opeth was a revelation in discovering that such feeling can be found in such a form - that beauty, anger, sadness, love, hate, happiness and a plethora of others can all be found co-existing next to each other. I guess that might sort of be how you mean that its 'the soundtrack to your life', that if you think of this music as more than just lyrics sung to music, it really does reflect back on the juxtapositions in life. Beauty in darkness. Id never known that that could work before Opeth....

ps. I dig what you say about the escapism of Opeth.
pps. Heh, maybe you should just speak spanish; seems like plenty of us understand it anyway

Well said man, I feel the same way Godhead's Lament was also the song the hit me first

I believe only some of us understand Spanish... I for one don't entirely but it's not hard to pick up on bits and pieces. We don't want to alienate most of the board, do we?

Opeth: Una banda sanguínea
Y sí, tengo muchas falencias gramáticales, muchas veces no escribo en mi idioma debido a que la gran mayoría a veces no sabe o sencillamente no se preocupa por aprender otros idiomas (no estoy metiendo a todos en la misma bolsa) pero lamentablemente es así. De todas maneras, pido las disculpas pertinentes.
Muchas gracias a la persona que dijo que podría escribir en español. Por supuesto que lo haré.

Opeth es una de esas pocas bandas a las que una persona como nosotros le agradece a la vida por estar vivo. La manera de ensamblar melodías con guitarras acústicas, la voces de Mikael, esas pequeñas ficciones que la mayoría de las veces sobrepasan los límites de mi realidad, esa..."vida" que me da escuchar semejantes melodías, que me llevan a un paraíso donde ni el día ni la noche existen, donde sólo fluye la sangre que corre por mis venas y los acordes de "Face Of Melinda"...Esa MAGIA de sentir que solo somos polvo de estrellas, tan volátiles como nuestros suspiros.
Mis sentimientos me arrastran por una avalancha de sensaciones que no quiero dejar de experimentar, mientras exista ése sustento que mantiene dando latidos a mi pequeño corazón...Opeth.

*feels special that he understood it*

Luz said:
Muchas gracias a la persona que dijo que podría escribir en español
Heh, de nada. Its refreshing to hear someone being so moved by Opeth. If music has never done that to you, then i just feel sorry for you <cough> Gunhayer <cough>. Ahora, yo tengo que trabajar un poco mas....adios mis amigos
Oh, and also...
que me llevan a un paraíso donde ni el día ni la noche existen <--- well spoken!

Yes...You've just said it!
I have a HUGE GRAMATICAL PROBLEM, and that's why I'm here.
Even if we share lots of points of view, feelings, particular tastes in music and stuff like that, I'm trying to fix these kind of problems.
I've been studying English since 1994 (High School, some Instituts) and next year, hopefully, I'm going to the University (College or whatever you call it) to study as a profesional career mmhm,... it's sort of degree on English with an specialization on English Literature too (Licenciatura en Inglés con especialización en Literatura Inglesa/Francesa/Alemana ó Italiana, elegí Inglesa), I don't know what's the real name in English, probably I'm making this up,so I'm sorry.
I have problems with Present Perfect (Continuous too) Second and Third Conditionals, Phrasal Verbs and Reported Speech.
That's A LOT, and believe me, you use so many phrasals in your "Everytime English" that is absolutely TERRIFYING!! (of course in Spanish there are plenty of it and we use them as much as you do, but...)
I love languajes, I'm trying to study Swedish by myself and it's pretty difficult but really interesting. The whole swedish culture itself I've found fascinating.
If I could, I would live in Sweden and I would love to study Baltic Languajes at Stockholm's University.
I've 'quit' (don't remember if this verb is irregular or regular) German because I didn't have money to pay the lessons but I would love to do it again, seriously.
I think my MAIN PROBLEM (that one who get teachers into a very bad mood) is translate everything to English while I'm writing or talking.
Of course I know that's a big problem and hopefully trying to improve it in these couple of months...
So, If you read another posts or threads and I'm expresing myself in the wrong way, please, let me know, that's the best option to learn the way you express everytime (only if you want)

Thanks a lot... \m/

Luz.-

So you are like..speaking four languages..and you are female and your favorite album is MAYH and Opeth is your favorite band I take it?!

You are the dream of most boys on this board, in particular ravenous'.

Got PIXXXX?

Wow! Thanks for your nice words, I'm flattered...
So to speak, I'm not speaking 4 languajes, I'm learning and that's completely different, I've quit German and I would like to continue, but I have some troubles with money and that sucks.
Swedish is difficult, more if you are learning gramatical things by yourself, so... I don't have a dictionary to help my lessons, so that sucks too, but it's really nice. I'll have to be more patience, and that's something that I didn't have.
I'm learning English every day and that's awesome if you want to share a few words with someone who doesn't speak my languaje.
And I know spanish, it's my mother tongue of course, LOL :loco:
I have some picks, but I'm really shy so... I don't think that would be a good idea, thanks for ask anyway.
Yeap, Opeth is the best band of all times (TO ME) and I'm in love with MY ARMS, YOUR HEARSE.

Luz.-

Longinus said:
So you are like..speaking four languages..and you are female and your favorite album is MAYH and Opeth is your favorite band I take it?!

You are the dream of most boys on this board, in particular ravenous'.

Got PIXXXX?

Hey Longinus, you are just as infatuated buddy... anyway, much respect to Luz ofcourse, your cool. Its just so god damn funny. If initially some dude posted this thread it would have been flamed and been done with about ten years ago....

Hey, I'm not infatuated but it'd be very, very cool to have a girlfriend that shares the same musical tastes as you. Especially when a band like Opeth is your favorite, it's hard to find girls that also like Opeth. Plus, I bet she's hot since her mother tongue is spanish O_O

Luz is probably pretty much perfect..so I guess if i didn't have a girlfriend, I might uhm... try to..get in touch with her...