Stargate: Universe

Another bad episode. I think my feelings on this show have gone from apprehensively neutral to frustratingly disappointed.

You mean justice?

I thought it was awesome. Robert Carlyle is brilliant, and the duplicity in some of the characters is developing pretty nicely.

I gotta say, I like the show a lot thus far. It's definitely burning slowly (and there is the chance it'll burn out too early, of course) but so far, I dig it.

It's getting a fair bit of bad press amongst SG fans, but I suppose I have different tastes generally from that majority anyhow. People want more aliens. Looks like they'll get some now.

Oh and the mid-season break is just ridiculous. It's really stupid.

From what I've seen so far I haven't been dissapointed by. I find myself sleepless at night because I cannot stop thinking of how many combinations of women Rush might impregnate in one episode. I know I'll have to wait for the third or fourth season for this but my waiting will not be for nothing.

I can understand the criticism it's getting, but I'm thouroughly enjoying the direction it's taking.

even the amazing cameos by richard dean fatterson

special effects and alien makeup? maybe that's why it takes so long, ONE CAN ALWAYS HOPE

no idea really, my question is more how long it takes from recording an episode to when it's able to air

Not a huge amount of time for TV shows. Just a matter of months, I think. They're going to film Universe season two from March this year, with a 5 month shoot, meaning it'll wrap in August, and then it should air in October.

I like the new ones. I think the show is getting better. They've toned down Eli and his geeky bullshit, which is appreciated.

Yeah, the Greer character is great. He's getting an episode soon on his history, so I'm looking forward to it. They're starting to explore the characters a little now, and I think a good dynamic has established.

I gotta say I'm pretty into the show now.

Am I the only one still watching this?. Newest episode had one hell of a opening scene! The show is really finding it's feet now, I think.

I'm still watching, heck it is the only thing on friday night. LOL
I do find the show very interesting, lots of good parts but I'm feeling a bit apathetic for some reason.
Though they sort of did it before, they need to lose some people on a planet after the gate closes and the ship moves on...for real!!!
I'd do something like Star Trek:TNG did and have the character(s) who were lost show up a season or two later and be mean bastards. Like the Romulan Tasha Yar thing. Or the episode of Voyager with the other federation crew they found.
They could tell how terrible it was for them and the nasty things they did to survive alone on the planet against whatever baddies were out there. Then they could turn them into the threat for the rest of that season.

Why am I not in Hollywood writing shows?

Well, I think they're developing towards something you could consider real "menace". They've toned down Rush as the main antagonist as of late, but from what I've read, things get a bit spicy soon and in the next season.

Obviously you're not sucking enough dick.

Plus, everyone knows the best shows are made in and around Vancouver for the Sci-Fi channel. :)

Ah, see I knew there was something wrong.

The SCIFI channel needs to start exploiting the big boobie chick from the show, like they did the girls from BSG.
While I'm not really a boob guy, those things are just silly and hypnotic therefore needing to be shown.