stefan86's offtopic random retard thread - post away!

He decided to stop his Kidney treatments and he was just tired of fighting so I am told. And to salt the wound even more one of my outdoor Cats got ran over tonight.

I can relate to that, man. My grandmother was 75 or so when she was told she had cancer. They gave her 6 months, tops. She held on for 5 years but dammit if she wasn't weak. My grandfather hasn't said anything about her not wanting to go on but you could just feel that on her - and him as well. Can't say I'm looking forward to the time you think about death every day :erk:

I can relate to that, man. My grandmother was 75 or so when she was told she had cancer. They gave her 6 months, tops. She held on for 5 years but dammit if she wasn't weak. My grandfather hasn't said anything about her not wanting to go on but you could just feel that on her - and him as well. Can't say I'm looking forward to the time you think about death every day :erk:

I have a similiar story, my grandma also died from cancer ( but she had both breast and lung cancer), and it spreaded really fast, to the point where no treatment could help her. She died few months after being diagnosed. And her daughter (my aunt) died few weeks after her own mother (had a breast cancer as well). It was shocking for all of us, but my mother went through hell cause her mother and sister died in the same month from the same illness. :(

I dont know what's with some families, are they carrying cancer genes or something? I have huge family with no one ever having cancer and some have families where every member dies of it. It sucks.

A lot ot things can cause cancer, not just genes. My mother is going to do a BRCA test soon (to find out if she has BRCA genes which cause breast and ovarian cancer) and if the results are positive, she might get her breasts and/or ovaries removed.

Of course its not only genes, but still, almost my whole family used to smoke like fucking dragons and no cancer dared to enter their bodies. Dad's a surgeon, exposed to a lot of radiation he's still doing fine. Maybe it's in the food or something, I dont know, im just happy to be relatively safe from cancer, at least from a gene's side.

True, my grandma never smoked, she didnt even allow smoking while she is around, but still got lung cancer.

Yep, a lot of that is related to food, tbh even though food regulations are tough in the better parts of the world, a lot of farmers and agriculture engineers do stuff they arent allowed to do, especially in the 3rd world countries (which are the biggest food producers in the world). Even in Europe, its not allowed to use antibiotics as pesticides, but a lot of engineers still do it. And, food regulations are much different in the different parts of the world. European regulations are much more strict comparing to the ones in the US. USA has some pretty fucked up pesticides regulations.
And GMO isnt allowed in Europia.
Japan has a way smaller cancer rate than US, even though most crops are GMO.
But Japan doesnt use a lot of sugar or HSFC, even in the processed food, they use stevia since 70s instead which is a plant that causes no harm. And their diet is low fat. Funny, cause japs invented HSFC but refuse to use it in their own food.
On the other hand, processed food in western countries is full of HSFC and transfats in everything, its cheaper than sugar, doesnt change the taste of food, and its literally every where. Just recently, scientists have been talking about it, and how our processed food is fucked up.
People usually get shocked when they find out im on a diet and fry food in pork fat and eat bacon but refuse to eat diet, low cal cookies, and still losing weight.

My Grandfather died this week...

Im sorry.
My grandmother (on my dad's side) died two weeks ago, we are having the funeral on wednesday. She was 96 years old and didnt want to live anymore so it is both sad and relieving.
Not sure if I mentioned this last year but my dad died in a dramatic drowning accident last summer so I have had a really tough year and I guess my grandma's passing digs that up again.
Death sucks.

I didnt even mourn my aunt's death cause i didnt even know she died. I knew she is in the hospital, but my parents kept saying she is fine and that i dont have to worry or visit her. She was like the second mother to me and my mom didnt want me to know cause she knew it would break me, especially since i was just getting over my grandmother's death.
I wasnt even on her funeral just because i didnt even know.
I will always cherish memories have with her and grandma, but im still sorry for not being able to see them before they died.

This should be in a depression thread tbh.

Im sorry.
My grandmother (on my dad's side) died two weeks ago, we are having the funeral on wednesday. She was 96 years old and didnt want to live anymore so it is both sad and relieving.
Not sure if I mentioned this last year but my dad died in a dramatic drowning accident last summer so I have had a really tough year and I guess my grandma's passing digs that up again.
Death sucks.

:hugs: :(

Death sucks.

Sorry for your losses man :(
I just came back from funerals... death sucks indeed :(