Stinnett Guitars update

STINNETT

Bad / Nationwide
Dec 12, 2005
USA
www.stinnettguitars.com
I love having friends in machine shops! Every conceivable shape that I'll need is now defined with a CNC cut template. I've also got a fret-slotting station together so everything is in-house now. I'm stoked and ready to crank out some guitars.

100_2992Large.jpg

I'm now set up to do 6 and 7 string versions of each of my 2 models, in set neck or neck-thru. My original shape is called the "Classic", my new shape is called the "Modern" - so the model numbers are C6 / C7 and M6 / M7.

Hopefully I can revamp the website soon to include all the new information.

I'm going to spit out the first M6 hopefully pretty soon. Within a few months I hope to start building up some stock so that I have available guitars made to some standard specs - and those will be very inexpensive.

Just keeping my people updated. Thanks!

And thanks again to guys like JRT12, JeffTD and Emdprodukt who got in early and have helped me get things off to a good start.

Awesome man:kickass:

Been meaning to ask you this!

Obviously you can built, to any specks.But if you have your own standard specks, what are they?
I mean first/last fret width, neck thickness,radius,scale,neck shape etc.
Oh, and body thickness?

:)

Awesome man:kickass:

Been meaning to ask you this!

Obviously you can built, to any specks.But if you have your own standard specks, what are they?
I mean first/last fret width, neck thickness,radius,scale,neck shape etc.
Oh, and body thickness?

:)

1.69" / 2.25"

.815 @ 1st / .915 @ 12th, medium C

25.5" scale

12" or 16" radius

Classic thickness: 1 3/4", Modern Thickness: 1 1/2"

beautiful stuff will
one day when i am rich and famous and hayley williams is my fuckbuddy i will buy a stinnet :headbang:

Hey Will, from looking at the 3D renderings in the "New guitar designs" thread, are you planning on making the modern a flat-top only design? (I noticed it had a forearm cut, which is not often found on carved tops) Or are you still gonna offer a carved top option, with similar top contours as on the classic? Cuz those carvings you do of the top are by far my favorite part of the instrument, but I still prefer the shape of the modern! And when I get the money, I WILL have one :headbang:

Marcus, I'm going to offer either shape with a carved or flat top.
The renderings I did were a flat top with the forearm cut and contoured inner cutaways. I'll offer any of those additions separately.