Stop bitching the New In flames !

Also, I'm not the only one to see the similarities with the Colony cover and the Jester Race cover, am I?

They are a little bit similar, and are my two favourite album covers by In Flames.

They are a little bit similar, and are my two favourite album covers by In Flames.

If you look in the water on the Colony cover, you can see the Jester head from Jester Race. Also, notice the machine-man is "growing" out of the top of the thing that the Jesterhead was on. Plus the mechanical buildings, sky similarities, etc.

Yeah they're kind of similar.
On Colony, it looks like a giant devoured by/part of a metallic structure. If you look in the background, there's a bunch of other giants the same way, like a "colony" of them. I think the metal guy represents what Anders said about people relying on machines and such, letting machinery take over theirselves.

They said that the jester is in every album, from artwork to songs.

Lunar Strain - Subterranean : Early In Flames
Jester - Whoracle : Classic/Death Metal In Flames
Colony - Clayman : Modern In Flames
Reroute - STYE : Nu Metal/Alt Metal In Flames
Come Clarity - ASOP : Metalcore In Flames

You seem to have a poor understanding of what metalcore is if you think ASOP is metalcore...it's pretty clearly a blend of melodic death metal and hard rock. Come Clarity isn't metalcore either, tbh.

The rest is accurate, I suppose, except that Subterranean honestly belongs in the same category as TJR.

Good way to enjoy Move Through Me; imagine the band playing in a warfield.

Actually one could try that with the whole album and see what it feels like. :loco:

Lunar Strain - Subterranean : Early In Flames
Jester - Whoracle : Classic/Death Metal In Flames
Colony - Clayman : Modern In Flames
Reroute - STYE : Nu Metal/Alt Metal In Flames
Come Clarity - ASOP : Metalcore In Flames

Jester - Whoracle: classic/death metal in Flames? What kind of bullshit is that? In Flames were never death metal. Asop is perhaps guitar-wise metalcore..? I'm not sure, but there aren't any breakdowns on that album, right?

He obviously meant melodic death metal, but the sort of melodic death metal that is death metal. As for ASOP, see my complaint above.

not the true death metal melodic death metal, but the sort of offshoot of melodic death metal they were playing on Clayman and onwards. People call that metalcore because they're fucking dumb, the only thing it has in common is an influence from Gothenburg melodic death metal, but while metalcore bands blend molested At The Gates riffs with hardcore, there's no hardcore and no at the gates on Colony, Clayman, CC, or ASOP.

ASOP would sound heavier if it had a better guitar tone, it sounds muffled and watered down, maybe it was the way it was mixed or something.